Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dramonicous

Theres no mention of the Lancer in patch notes, does it do the same dmg on infantry still?
  2. UnluckyFriedKitten

I think that's kind of the direction they are heading in. To be honest it would stop a lot of the crying and whining ..

Or even make all factions the same but give different cert lines so you can cert in to one extra line or something.

Ps. Lets all make peace and search for snowmen :p
  3. Renuse

That overpop is BS. Idk when you play, but TR on connery are at their BEST even pop, and regularly underpopulated. In any other case, pop shouldnt be a tpoic when talking about weapon performance. Im guessing you primarily play something other than TR. So unless you have equal or greater (since TR weapons are sooooo much better) on TR compared to your other toons, your observation is invalid.

Every race has its strengths, and everyone has an opinion of whats better. Maybe people should be focusing on what their races are GOOD at, then playing them cause they like to play like that.

At for SOE and the PS2 team, maybe making vehicle descriptions and purposes description will aid in maintaining their individual vehicle play feelings/functions. Otherwise all the nerfing will just go back and forth, making an endless pile of updates trying to pool all these weapons together in a melting pot.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheRunDown

I can only assume the Hiby joke is verification that the Devs know this is a really bad stat change, and now TR from now on will tickle the NC and VS MBT's and tears of joy and laugher will be heard throughout the Christmas season..
    • Up x 1
  5. Sjelden

Fair enough.

You can reason it all you want - It still makes me go hmm.
  6. DearLeader

I would have to agree 100% with the issue of TR underpopulation. If SOE wants to keep this game fair, those with a smaller population deserve better weapons.
  7. Probition

WTF? i load into the game but it shows me the new character selection(choose faction, server...) then i cant choose a server because the next button is shaded out?
  8. Ranik

Population trends = Factual evidence.

Player anecdotes = Subjective evidence

Video just for you VS
    • Up x 2
  9. uranusis

I think they just wiped the game:(
  10. Vector51

Never used my ZOE except to run faster, now I just won't use it at all ... :(...
    • Up x 1
  11. Brasjtamanirya

still down
    • Up x 1
  12. Alizona

some important server is down, and its the server that contains your character data

i went thru this during the last update. do not panic! all will be well!
  13. Forkyar24

horrible patch, you nerfed vehicles, this isn't cod, stop trying to turn it into that SOE.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shoot4Life

Miller balanced? Lawl.
    TR overpop on miller. My main char is TR BR93 and i found myself playing VS or NC for the challenge cause it's biring to always outnumber the other 2. It happen that a fight is balanced but rarely often.

To me only thing that is OP since beta is scattermax. It's a fact ZOE or not lock down or not no other max can 1v1 a NC max.
  15. mogveil

All servers down for an unknown reason ... perhaps the snowmen are not benign after all.
    • Up x 4
  16. Stilwel

"We accidentally the whole database."

--Dev team
    • Up x 2
  17. SE7ENofN9NE

too late. I have panicked!!!! SOE erased all my characters OMG!!!!! nooooo
  18. InvitroCanibal

I agree, however it already is heading there...if not already. The main issue is the whine over differences and unclear faction descriptions at the start up. I figure a straight faction specific bonus would help new players know exactly what each faction offers without investing too much in a faction they didn't realize wasn't for them.

As of now we are dealing with simultaneous nerfs to make all factions almost identical, with no variations except the costumes. Faction specific items are nerfed. I've seen multiple whines of people saying only their faction got nerfed, but I don't think they play the other factions to realize they are all being made identical and this is the direction SOE is going.

So rather than make faction specifics subtle or soon to be nerfed, just make it all clear and up front so that people can't whine about one faction being better than the other.
    • Up x 2
  19. mrSplendid

Try to kill 100 ppl with this bs first. It terrible against infantry from start, it's vehicle-only gun.
  20. Alizona

I read about ZOMG! ZOE MAX! so I went and bought ALL the stuff

I tried it a few times, didn't know that ZOE also reduced your armor so I died immedately. I thought I was indestrucible or something.

So I am THRILLED that I got my ZOE certs back, because I really don't like the Vanu MAX at all and I pretty much wasted those certs thinking it was "the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread!" hahaha