Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. PaperCutWeasel

Look man, you still don't understand the situation... TR suffers heavily from underpopulation. You can't deny it, just look at the planetside 2 server statistics. So far, Miller seems to be the only truly "balanced" server, but everywhere else there's a zerg of New conglomerate and Vanu. I'm blaming the TR's recent suckishness on their lack of manpower. and if you don't believe me, visit connery on the weekends. It's outrageous. I'm sure even the Vanu can complain about how many NC there are, often %40. I've played TR for almost a year, and their condition has been slowly deteriorating. I'm starting to think that even the developers favor the other two factions. So theres one big complaint in a nutshell. Welcome.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cigg

Snowman have melted due to server warming :)
    • Up x 4
  3. TheHandsOfLyr

seriously? why do you have to nerf everything the TR has , whats the point of having extra magazine sizes if you cant kill anything, good job soe you`re making TR not fun to play anymore , what a joke
    • Up x 1
  4. Dramonicous

1 hour left until i gotta go to bed, guess its not happening today

TR faction have been OP since launch, and thats mainly the reason that TR is favored in pop on almost all servers.
    They are only now beginning to come in line with the other factions.
  5. LordMondando

You don't understand Miller nearly as well as you think you do pal.
  6. Renuse

Also i just lost server connection, for the second time. After watching to play this game ever since POST UPDATE time... Tested the Vulcan a bit, definitely a feeling of less reach as well as power. Cone of fire is crazy too now. For a gun that spits out bullets its a wonder if anyone will ever be able to hit anything with it. On top of the fact that it is mounted. And on top of a tank. Just having those things is warrant for a significant amount of accuracy. And the barrels are what, at least 16 inches right? Why cant i shoot past 10m effectively then? If your going to gut this weapon so completely why don't you just turn it into some sort of anti vehicle shotgun then? NO ONE WANTS a mini guy that shoots bullets like paint-balls. At this point people will use it 1. Because it sounds cool. 2. To attempt to crash their tank into another tank, JUST to get 10m close, to TRY and make good damage against a vanguard. Which will just pop is shields, or a mag-rider, which will just boost of and out maneuver us somehow. On top of the fact, that the gunner will not only feel useless but get no points simply cause he cant kill anything. Which downplays team play.

Sorry, but mini-guns are bad-***, and you guys are turning it into a different weapon altogether (shotgun? SMG on a tank?? really?.....). Just stop already and get rid of it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Badmagic362

Waterson just went down . . . again.

I was only on for a couple minutes, Amerish alert was going on, and it was funny how many people were flying around Esamir ignoring each other to look for Snowmen. I passed several Mossies and didn't fire and in return they didn't fire and we just went on searching.
    • Up x 1
  8. Alizona

Well on Helios where I came from before I was stuck into Connery, the Vanu were ALWAYS outnumbered by both NC and TR. It was so pathetic being a Vanu on Helios that I damn near gave up the game. Then we got merged into Connery and all the sudden, Vanu was powerful and I was a happy player again!! Yeah, I feel bad for TR on Connery because they are like Vanu used to be on Helios, exactly like that. They are always outnumbered it seems, save for some rare brief periods where they gather up and storm the continents... then they're gone again.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

All are down and have red status here on the forums.
  10. PaperCutWeasel

Are you going to support your blatantly ignorant statement with some evidence? Here, be my guest:
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php
    • Up x 6
  11. InvitroCanibal

Couldnt they just give all the factions the same gear and just have faction specific bonuses that work for all weapons. Example: TR bonus- Faster reload time on all weapons and vehicles NC- increased damage on all weapons and vehicles VS- Purple spandex uniforms
    • Up x 3
  12. Klondor

Hilarious! XD
    • Up x 1
  13. Alizona

yep that was my experience too on Connery Esamir. I saw a plane go right over my head as I drove, exposed, in my Flash, and I thought "uh oh, I'm in trouble"... nope. Pilot never batted an eyelash and kept right on going, obviously searching for SNOWMEN! haha
  14. Klondor

Yeah that's pretty much TR and VS Fighting on a forum.

The husky of course being TR ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. Ranik

TR players prepare for a stream of "we know better" NC / VS. Oh wait... Already happening. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  16. Nerovox

• Up x 1
  17. Alizona

I hate "generic" type games like that. Leave Sony to do what they will, I have faith in them even if it seems most complainers do not.

What I gathered out of the 10,000 word update bullet list, is that Sony is clearly using GAME DATA to make a lot of the decisions behind these changes. And I love that idea. They're not just guessing, like a lot of people seem to think.
    • Up x 4
  18. Norington

You may be very right that TR is underpop on other servers, I would not know that. But the fact is that weapon balance has been in TR favour since day one. At least for my outfit, there is a HUGE difference between fighting TR or NC (at equal region numbers).

Anyway, the population issues are true, and need to be taken care off. I am sure there has to be one very simple autobalance thing that has to be implemented.
  19. amm0-rat

cobalt now down, has it been available post patch?, anyone have any ideas how long til availability of servers?.
  20. mogveil

I would not like having the same weapons. You end up with different strategies when your weaponry is different. We really don't like the way our max was underpowered but changing how they are used allows us advantage in some situations. That is just one example.