The Snipers Union - Regarding OHK.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SnipersUnion, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ZogVarnoka

I left PS2 ages ago due to nanoweave basically killing off my true love in the game, long range sniping.
    If SOE actually brings it back, I'll start playing again.

I hate CQB for the most part, mostly due to me not having twitch reflexes. And partially due to my old rig being unable to handle CQB battles with a framerate above 20. Long range sniping was all that was left for me really. I don't like vehicles so that was out as well. Hope we get the long range OHK back.
    • Up x 1
  2. m44v

The changes are already in PTS. If you're wondering, what they did was change the minimum damage of all BARs to 400 at 200m, so the standard BAR will not OHK beyond 146m while the high damage ones can OHK a few meters further until 153m.
  3. SnipersUnion

So I have heard, I will be jumping on the PTS soon to have a look.

Because everyone deserves a second chance when standing at 154m instead of 150m :eek:

What continues to amazes me is the CONSTANT rebuttal of this idea by the vast majority of the community - The Devs have to be aware of this.
  4. m44v

A benefit for all those players that aren't b*tthurt about the cap, bodyshots are more damaging since there's less damage drop per meter. For example, while on live a standard BAR does 550 at 75m, in PTS they do 630 damage at the same distance.
  5. Vaphell

what are the stats? 750/800@10, 449@150?
  6. m44v

750/800@10 - 400@200, all BARs had the same minimum damage, I should have taken a screenshot but I forgot.
  7. BloodyPuma

So, that means 4 body shots [max nano] on a distant target and praise the god that he will not use a kit, use a shield or be healed by medic?

This is getting raddiculus.

Here comes the kingdom of deploying a sundy near enemy warpgate and making a party of 10 heavies with lockon, 3 AA maxes and 10 engies on turrets. Now you can double tap them. In future - "shot me baby all you want, you will sooner run out of bullets, then we will run out of medkits".

Sad...

Completly cutting out the content.
    • Up x 2
  8. BloodyPuma

Ok, so what are the NYX stats now?
    Is it also 2 x to OHK no matter the range ?
  9. Scudmungus

Time for MOAR BULLETS!
  10. thepackett

I am not okay with the sniper changes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Canno

Also keep in mind if it's 4 body shots you have to run a full clip the whole time in order to allow ONE miss.

Even if he doesn't use a kit, shield or get healed by a medic you better really hope he doesn't use serious advanced tactics like moving behind cover some time between shots 1 and 4. Realizing he'll only have about 8 or 10 seconds (at least) to do so.
  12. Get2dachoppa

I think I read the NW change will be 20% resistance (doesn't apply to the head) at max rank as opposed to the current +250 hp at max rank.

So lets say you are using the Nyx on a current NW5 target at 65m. You'd be doing 250 damage a shot at that range. That's 2 headshots + 1 bodyshot to kill or 5 bodyshots.

If the NW change is 20% resistance than you'd be doing 200 damage a shot (250 to the head). So that's 2 headshots or 5 bodyshots. So yup, looks like 2 headshots with the Nyx will kill at any range.
  13. GunsmithJoe

Just so we're clear, a 20% damage reduction has the same effect as a 25% health buff (where the DR applies)
  14. BloodyPuma

So a total madness. Now NYX is faster, no trail, no sway, fully supressed, faster refire rate "2xOHK" NEW_BOLT...

I dont like the direction that so called "massive combat" game is going too... lets cramp them all in 1-150 meters range, the more the merrier.
  15. Vaphell

didn't you know PS2 is a combined farms game? ;)
    • Up x 2
  16. K2k4

I legitimately chortled.

This is so true it's unbelievable.

If we went and calculated the aggregate farming power per minute(xp/minute) of infiltrators; I wonder how it would hold up compared to other classes.

I may be under the assumption that we would score lowest, but that could be wrong. Does anybody have some stats?
  17. Vaphell

18. BloodyPuma

Which guns exactly are going to loose sway?
    Semi auto sniper rifles or low scope bolts?

Any other news not mentioned anywhere on the board?
  19. Vaphell

so i logged in to PTS to check

looks like sniper rifle category lost its exception and it's all about zoom now. 6x+ sway, 1-4x no sway.
    SAS-R no sway (!)
    Impetus no sway
    scout rifle 1-4x no sway, 6x sway

wtf, i didn't know LA80 rechambers faster than the bolt driver o_O (chamber time of 1.25s vs 1.5s)

I understand SOE less and less. Their paranoia about snipers gibbing people left and right is somewhat understandable, yet they nerf low yield very long range sniping while strongly buffing midrange rifles which will be used by many twitch snipers to own. Many tears will be shed.
    • Up x 1
  20. Daimond

They have to change all sniper rifles to give people a reason to buy them or to not have a massive recert/cash back flood when all this goes live. Till a few days ago none of these changes were on Test, there will be tons more as they try to get people OK with this nerf to the class, till they can think of another one.

ps last I looked I think the longshoot reloaded faster then other 2, but that may have changed now as well.