The Snipers Union - Regarding OHK.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SnipersUnion, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Pruned

Looks like I'll have to get my OHKs with the Rams .50 before its too late then =(

I really really hope they go back on the "no-OHK-headshots-beyond-150m" because its just going to completely destroy a weapon at it INTENDED range.
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

It's most likely in preparation to remove the entire class.

They still haven't been able to balance out the cloaking mechanic, what they gave us to try and encourage close quarters combat (SMG) is now screamed about by everyone who isn't an Infiltrator, and they have completely eradicated long ranged sniping while trying to justify it with pseudo logic about small maps and narrow lanes of fire being the balance mechanic in other first person shooters. We know is flat out wrong since we have games out there with HUGE maps much more akin to Planetside 2 that all mysteriously have long ranged sniping.

From the looks of things, it's almost as if they're trying to sabotage the class so they can claim they tried everything in their power to balance out the Infiltrator but, in the end, felt it best just to remove the class. Those graphs recently released show pretty blatantly that the bolt-action sniper rifles aren't overpowered...and a fair share of those statistics are likely from medium ranged bolt-action snipers rather than long ranged...which goes to show that it's entirely likely that the long ranged sniping aspect of the game isn't just balanced, but perhaps even a bit underpowered. Not that a single one of us care much about that though, and simply want long ranged sniping with the Nanoweave problem removed.

Instead...this fear brought on by infrequent one-hit kills to those too mentally handicapped to keep on the move has brought us here? A place where a balanced system of gameplay is being snuffed out of existence because....................it's either balanced or underpowered?

New gen games spoiled even the new gen developers!
    • Up x 2
  3. BloodyPuma

So to sum the thing up:

Flanking, long trips around while on fire, thinking, strategic gameplay - nope.
    Crazy CQC OHK, no sway in mid range, twitch and reflex, less brain, more rambo - yep.

Thanku you very much SOE, if it will go live Ill quit and pick some singlepayer game with a good sniping, preferably 2-3 clicks range.
    • Up x 2
  4. SnipersUnion

As I understand it the Iron sight snipers, one is Bolt and the other semi - although I haven't been on the PTS yet to confirm. They shouldn't have had sway in the first place to be brutally honest! I do fear the SAS-R being used like a shotgun is something we are going to see a lot more of should the changes go live. They still haven't done anything to the scopes red dot sights either from what I've been told, which still seem to be a lot bigger than the actual head of your target...

There's a lot of talk about semi autos now being the go to choice for sniping at longer distances, as they will now be much quicker at taking down opponents than the bolt actions. If this is the case, I'd like to know if SOE intends on allowing the lack of bullet drop for the VS as I can see that becoming a complaint by NC/TR players sooner rather than later.

I'm not too sure what SOE will do with this. I highly doubt they will allow a semi auto to quickly do with a double tap what a bolt action can't in twice the time, it doesn't make sense.... Especially with the third tier high damage BASR's.

This is all getting a bit, silly, for me personally.

Of course it's not the end of Bolt actions. I love taking out a 6x scope and a good sidearm with a silencer and this kind of style will benefit from the changes. However the third tier of rifles, RAMS/Longshot/Parallax all have the longest reload speeds and at that kind of range the bullet drop even with a silencer is so easy to compensate for I fail to see how the higher velocity will be worth the cost of 1000 certs for new players. Essentially the first and second tier of rifles will do the job better, and the Semi autos will replace them at long range. They are going to become rather useless and outdone by others in every style.

To be honest, I'm not 'excited' about any of these changes. I still feel strongly that SOE is messing in an area it doesn't need to be, and I'm also not convinced they have thought through all the repercussions of them.

However it's on test for a reason, and I hold out some hope they will at least increase the cap range and work on a damage drop off curve that won't be noticeably too dramatic.
  5. m44v

wha? can you be a little more objective and less dramatic? We agree that the cap isn't nice for long range snipers, but that isn't the whole class, the other changes (nanoeweave nerf, removing sway) are good for those that play at medium-close range.
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

More or less sarcasm based upon the continued course of events. They don't seem particularly aggressive with fixing the cloaking problem and they're heavily dedicated towards forcing us into pure close range combat. I wouldn't particularly mind this if we had a more adequate form of cloaking coupled with melee capabilities...as that's my preferred close range style. Thus far, SMG play remains extremely lucrative...it's what I do for example. It is, however, being complained about excessively despite the extremely situational stealth mechanic at higher graphics settings. With the way they have been in regards to nurfing, those screams might result in a reduction to the efficiency of our SMG or stealth itself.

Pessimism, basically.
  7. SnipersUnion

The post was perfectly objective, as all of his have been in the thread. Certainly more objective than calling people "b*tthurt"

This thread isn't about close or medium range, it's about long range, and small buffs to one playstyle shouldn't remove a whole other. So please be more a little more relevant and polite yourself.
  8. ZillFattak

So, no more sway on the TSAR-42? Hm. Gonna wait and see how this affects my kills per hour if it goes live. Also

Made my day. I always secretly suspected people who said "don't remove vehicles and MAXES, this is a combined arms game" actually meant "don't nerf my 'skill' of farming infantry with them".

Be nice to each other. You are both members of an endangered species.
  9. Halkesh

Why don't accept this and make more support role for sniper infiltrator ? In real combat, we sometime need covering fire or something like this. Sniper will be able to stop ennemy.
    They won't be able to OHK ennemy but if an infiltrator do more than 50% max target's hp in one bullet (normal shot from a bolt action or an headshot from a semi-auto sniper) on a an headshot, ennemy at the end will have a debuff for a time.
    Debuff like :
    -Disoriented (like flash/concussion grenade)
    -Deaf
    -Bleed (medic need more time to heal/revive this guy)
    -Open wounded (Target lose HP and die if it don't get heal, heal stop this)
    -Slower moving
    -Lose the mini-map
    -Automaticly spot the target

Due to their DPS support role, Snipers will get more xp for assist (80% xp, like driver assist).
  10. RogueVindicare

Gentlemen.... BEHOLD

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infantry-weapon-changes-12-12-2013.162070/

Currently on test server
    A general balance pass has been done of all infantry weapons. The majority of weapons have been tweaked in small ways. The larger balance trends are listed below.
    • Our data has shown LMGs performing too well at hip fire. In some cases they’re even outperforming assault rifles. We've done a global reduction to hip fire accuracy across all LMGs to make them more LMG-like.
    • Assault rifle hip fire weapons have had their hip fire bonus reduced. They still have higher hip accuracy than the standard assault rifles.
    • All laser sight attachments have had a small reduction to their hip fire accuracy modifier.
    • 0.75x move speed weapons have been adjusted so that they have clearer tradeoffs for the move speed bonus. This generally means longer reloads and more recoil drift (to match them being the closer range variants).
    • Carbines have had their minimum damage range brought in by 5 meters.
    Coming later today:
    • The hip accuracy penalty on LMG compensators is being reduced to match the new lower base accuracy of LMGs, though hip accuracy with a compensator equipped will still be lower than it is currently on live.
    • We’re increasing the 1-shot kill range of bolt-action headshots (compared to the 150 meter limit currently on test). The maximum damage of bolt-actions had a slight drop to make the damage curve work, but reload speeds are getting faster to compensate. A general balance pass of all sniper rifles is happening so that their roles are better defined.
    Edit: Actual sniper 1-shot headshot ranges below
    • NC NC14 Bolt Driver & LA80 , TR M77-B & SR-7, VS XM98 & V10
      • 250 meter limit
    • NC SAS-R, TR TSAR-42, VS Ghost
      • 200 meter limit
    • NC EM4 Longshot, TR RAMS .50M, VS Parallax
      • 300 meter limit
    • Up x 4
  11. ZephyrBurst

12. Slight Remorse

200m cap on headshots and no sway on my SAS-R? **** just got real.
  13. Darkelfdruid_LOL

OMG OMG OMG WFKJSGDKBVSDF

oh wow **** just got real...

good bye my sweet v10

and hello my new found parallax
    • Up x 1
  14. SnipersUnion

I actually cant begin to tell you all how happy I am right now. :)

I'm so impressed, that throughout this whole thread not ONE of us came up with the idea the dev's have gone with.

Choosing the right rifle for the right range, like we do with scopes, is a great addition to our play styles and loadouts, especially considering reload and re-chamber times. I have also suggested that the second tier weapons be reduced from 1000 to 750 if these changes go ahead, might seem like asking a bit much but I think its a fair request.

Obviously these changes are still only on test, but the fact that they are looking at these kind of changes shows our voices have actually been heard and considered, something I think a few of us were seriously beginning to doubt.

I'd like to thank all the people that posted their thoughts and contributions here, I'd like to think that it has at least been looked at by one dev, and of course all the other threads we have made on the topic - reason has won out! And the Devs DO care about us!

CAKE FOR EVERYONE! :)
    • Up x 2
  15. Scudmungus

*kisses RAMS*

It's ok baby - you good, you good up to 300. Aw yeahh...
    • Up x 3
  16. AnuErebus

But v10 was just made the fastest long-range bolt-action! Hello poping heads almost twice as fast as the parralax!
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

WAIT WAT?!

omg idk what to choose now uyfhsgdfshdg

atm it's so easy.

V10 = faster reload = easy choice for me over parallax.

But soon parallax will OHK at 300m, alll DEM warpgate flashes man :(

but you say v10 fastest?!

how much faster?

ffs i gotta go get that pts....
  18. Darkelfdruid_LOL

just went to pts.

Yeah still - at least as stats are now - will run with V10...

jesus christ this is a beast now...

SO comparison on vs T3 and T2 ( I presume the stats are same/similar for other factions on re chamber etc )

(T3) (T2)
    Parallax V10

Bullet velocity 650m/s 600m/s

Chamber speed 0.855s 1.6s

Reload long -5.575s short - 4.72 long 4.7s short - 3.1s

OHK range 300m 250m

Now I tested it for a bit and so far, T2 over T3 easily without any doubt at most situations. only situation I'd take parallax is if I know 100% I'm going 250m+ . The double rechamber time seems kinda big when you add up for the 5 shots - 3.755 seconds to be exact if shooting with no down time - thought that in heat of battle is rare thing to do. In reality there will always be down time, either to re position your self or get a better aim. So for me the re chamber is not noticeable WHAT SO EVER.

What is noticeable is the reload. Jesus of mecca.. I always reload when there is 1 bullet left in my v10 for the faster reload, unless I am being pressured and I NEED that bullet, 3.1seconds..... WOW. I cannot explain how fast that feels. Absolutely amazing.

Edit:

and yeah... T1 is practically the same as T2 now when OHK is considered, even better. it has a Long reload of 4.6s and a short of 3s a 0.1s shorter than T2

BUT

nope.avi.

It is something SOE has overlooked which I'm sure they will ( I hope ) look at it. T1 weapon is in every way identical to T2 apart from having faster reload by 0.1s. So actually V10 is T1.

cool story bro.
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

They are a crafty bunch...essentially ensuring that the most efficient snipers will purchase each and every rifle to maximize their potential for any situation presented. This was...so deviously played that I have to commend them, solving the problem while simultaneously bolstering profits without a doubt.
  20. Darkelfdruid_LOL

nvm.... v10 t2 - forgot bullet velocity.

FK CNS, WAI U NO MAKE ME SLIP.

yeah somehow It seems like they knew 150m 'cap' would cause a **** storm.
    • Up x 1