K/D All servers all factions.(repost from reddit).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinapuff

Last time Miller went recommended server. To balance out the TR overpop it was decided that only Vanu and NC would be "recommended" to Miller's server. Veterans left or switched factions left and right while the new influx of players joining the game either did not care for outfits or joined the flower legion. Or at least that is the story of NC on Miller.

We have the ****tiest "pub" leaders on the server.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scatterblak

Here's an excuse for you - you don't know much about statistics, and you haven't enough data to produce definitive result - merely a potential trend. Here's a good place to start reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Lie_with_Statistics - particularly the now-famous part on ' Correlation does not imply causation'. A much better red is 'The Tiger That Isn't ', which gives some pretty good information on what numbers you really need to reach a statistical conclusion, and (more importantly) how easy it is for us to all fool ourselves with numbers if we're not careful.

Not sayibg the numbers you posted are wrong - if those are the numbers, those are the numbers. Without assessing a lot more inputs into the factors that created them, though, there are no real conclusions you can draw.

Not mathematically valid ones, anyway.
    • Up x 1
  3. SuperTrooperWaterloo

thats the problem. balance is the gameplay feeling. and not some offgame stats.
  4. Lafri

Np mate well I guess I was a bit p*ssed last night :) I have no problem to be on pair with NC TR or VS weapons, I just need my 10mins to get used to them. But that's just me I guess.

Your point is 100% valid. It begins with the NC starting weapons. They are good in the hands of a veteran or avid FPS player but su.ck as hell for every n00b (beside the Sniper). For vehicles and Maxes the AV options are nice but the AI options just su.ck outside of Point Blank range.

Some viable cheaper weapon options could help, some love for the C85M (yea SOE god damn fix this weapon already) and a medium+ range AI Max option could do the trick with almost no work involved from SOE.
  5. Nephera

if we have the highest headshots per capita it might get better for us actually..

maybe..
  6. supernauttt

wow your an idiot...
    • Up x 2
  7. supernauttt

LOL! is all i have to say...
  8. supernauttt

Glad to see the NC arnt giving up, keep it going guys
  9. Bape

lol before I even went in the thread I read the title and the first thing that popped in my mind was "NC will have worse K/D in all servers" and I was right.
    • Up x 1
  10. MurderBunneh

All stats ever presented tell the same story for some there will never be enough evidence. As long as they feel good killing NC everything is fine.

Long live this thread. Make them look. Make them read.
    • Up x 4
  11. faykid

that is a very good argument, you win this round (is that what you think?)
  12. MurderBunneh

Yes because saying all NC are just bad is so much better of an argument.
    • Up x 4
  13. MonnyMoony

Care to explain why? The statement is a valid one. People may favour one faction over another because the faction lore suits their ideals, political ideology, their aesthetic preferences etc. Arent these all part of the human psyche?

Personally I chose VS because "cool.....hovertanks". I didn't look at stats, I didn't test each faction to see which is the best etc. Perhaps people who think hovertanks are cool are generally better gamers (although I am probably the exception to that rule)?
  14. Goretzu

He's not really presenting statistics he's just presenting data. :confused: (well I suppose it is modified in the sense of kill/deaths)

But you're kinda doing exactly what that book discribes yourself, it is unlikely that with the size of the data set that those numbers are "wrong" or "misleading", highly unlikely, they give a pretty much dead on picture of K/D across servers.

Now that doesn't meant that you can necessarily draw concrete conclusions from them.

But NC being the worse on every server at the very least raise a red flag and suggests something may be up here....... and remember this is not isolated data, similar things have been shown with WDS score (adjusted for population), WDS server wins, KPU measurements and average KPU measurements.

In fact the difficult thing to find in PS2 is not where the NC is coming last, but where the NC is coming first. o_O
    • Up x 2
  15. Goretzu

People may, however there is no evidence at all (and there never has been in any of the MMO it is been brought up in) that this correlates into any in-game difference.

If you like purple and I like red that means absolutely NOTHING in terms of how well or badly we play PS2.

What makes this even more unlikely is NS weapon...... so the hypothesis is that NC "attracts" rubbish players? Well and good, but why then are NC players as good as VS and TR player when using NS weapons? Suddenly rubbish player become average players, but only with NS weapons in their hands? :confused:

Furthermore in this has previously been raise in PS2 with Mag and Strikers, and when both were nerfed, magically the VS and TR became "worse".

So basically it comes down to what it always comes down too; GAME BALANCE.
    • Up x 3
  16. faykid

you sir should go back to school to learn reading comprehension. there was nothing about NC being bad in my post. i was asking for people to explain to me how the bullet drop manifests when using NC weapons, because i tried both VS and NC and i didn't find any difference bullet drop wise. this is the moment when you feel silly and apologize
  17. Rabbitofdoom

That would be true if... weapons were carbon copies for each empire. You are overestimating skill value in such large sample in same time you and many other players underestimate or even don't know about values like absolute potential or peak potential.
    Why its important because i suspect its when things might gone wrong with NC arsenal. If you look at general consensus that NC require a little more skill to perform at same level. This means that player A with K/D 2 is acutaly better than TR/VS player with K/D 2. Still averange faction skill level is roughly same for every faction. If you put that in to context you get a situation where TR/VS player will kill slightly more NC than NC will kill them. Its not necessarly a bad thing on its own as long as the skill curve is shaped in a way that averange Planetside 2 player is able to have fun. To that it using a slightly more demanding weapon if is done right will allow player to get closer to his skill cap compared to player using a less demanding weapon. That could be explanation why NC has better over all accuracy and headshots.

Problem starts if you put those values way out of whack on some guns and even worse if you force significant part of population to use them.

SAW is perfect example. Its pretty much worst gun you can give to a newbie in FPS like Planetside 2. Its only advantage is ability to trade long range absolute potential(you get on sinper rifles) vs infantry for better absolute potential against vehicles. Even after SR nerf they will have higher long range anti-infantry absolute potential than SAW at long range while having about same skill celling and skill floor. In close combat other empires starter guns have higer absolute potential, lower skill celing and better skill floor than saw. Making SAW only having better absolute potential in a very narrow range roughly 50-75m. You can clearly see that if you look at KPU table based on BR floating while ago. SAW has worst BY A LOT KPU in lower BR brackets of all starter weapons showing clearly that its not a starter weapon. Considering how new players gravitate to high EHP classes its propably enough on its own to cause curent situation. In the beggining NC had a crutch to compensate for this in form of Scatter max but that was 2 nerfs and biolab changes ago.

Another example are vehicle secondaries...
    Enforcer modified its a very low skill celing gun. (it doesnt matter how skilled you are you will always be limited by pellet spread and its low range) It also has low absolute potential compared to other factions AI options.
    Enforcer on other hand is a gun with a very low basic potential (aka high skill floor) against infantry while its absloute potential is STILL lower than other empires AV options in terms of fighting infantry. To make it equal it would propably had to OHK any infantry with a HS or its splash radious must be increased.
    This leaves NC with a Halberd only secondary with a high absolute potential against both infantry and armor. In same time its biggest draw back is low basic potential against infantry. (On harrasser its even weaker in hands of averange joe.)
    In my personal opinion TR gets here the most balanced secondaries. It has Marauder that has good base potential vs infantry making it perfect for less skilled players. Vulcan-H gun with averange basic potential vs infantry, high skill celing and good absolute potential. And they sill have Halberd for pros with extreme twitch accuracy, rection time and path prediction ability.

Now lets look at MAX guns.
    This is geting bit more tricky since we get a MAX vs MAX, MAX vs infantry, MAX vs vehicles.
    Currently Fractures are hands down best all rounder weapon in game. While VS max has higest absolute potential of every class in game thx to ZOE.
    In close range every MAX AI option has about same skill floor. Absolute potential and skill celing is lower on NC max due to combination of low range, pellet spread, wierd slug behavior, small mags and lack of suppresion, sustained DPS.
    In MAX vs MAX combat again NC max got short end of the stick with lower basic potential(higer skill floor due to requirement to use shield, having to land every or almost every shot(outside of the 99% players skill)).

On SOE place i would start with giving NC a new starter LMG with higer base potential. Change Enforcer mod like adding AOE to pellets with proper tuning could solve the issue of low skill celling while increasing base potential. Introduced a medium range, high mag size 30 ish(35-40 with extended mags) AI option for NC max that is NOT a shotgun.
    • Up x 3
  18. Liewec123

you can also compare the individual players, for example my NC (with tons of upgrades like maxed nanoweave) has a K/D of 1.2 while my vanu has a K/D of 3.5, even my TR which i hardly play (has no nanoweave, c4, med packs or anything) has a K/D of 1.4.

so when people say "it's a L2P issue" that doesn't work when its the same person playing all 3 factions and doing considerably better on VS/TR with considerably less crutches (nanoweave, med kits, attachments etc)
    • Up x 3
  19. uhlan

I think there are a lot of reasons that contribute to the numbers we see.

I've played since beta and my personal K/DR trends above 4 in all three factions with the NC being the worst.

I do think that the NC weapon systems take getting used to. They take real effort to get the hang of, but are some of the best in the game once you learn how to control them.

Many new folks are overwhelmed by this and find themselves gravitating toward the more "spammable" weapons found in the other factions.

What I'd like to find out, is how many of the shots of the slower firing weapons systems of the NC are negated by shot-loss? How much does the average amount of lag do to the NC player base as a whole? How does that lag effect the greater recoil weapons getting back on target with such things taking place?

I know this must have an effect; it would be nice to see some hard data though.

I think the shotgun esthetic was the wrong way to go for the NC and should have taken a more technological bent in the game.

Metal Storm weapons I think were the way to go, but that's a moot issue now.
  20. MurderBunneh

You say some of the best in the game but name 1 elite NC outfit.

The evidence damning. No elite outfits the least amount of br100 despite the most pop. Add in all the stats compiled and the answer is obvious.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.