K/D All servers all factions.(repost from reddit).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurderBunneh

I was comparing servers on DasAnfall when I noticed something.
    NC have the lowest average KDR on Every.Single.Server
    There isn't a single server where NC have even 2nd place, they are always bottom. Although TR and VS trade places, even in NC dominated servers they never take pride of place.
    From Left to Right, TR VS NC
    Woodman: 0.924, 0.971, 0.898
    Connery: 0.893, 0.914, 0.845
    Miller: 0.929, 0.892, 0.867
    Ceres: 0.957, 0.988, 0.857
    Cobalt: 0.972, 1.019, 0.875
    Mattherson: 0.845, 0.940, 0.827
    Waterson: 0.894, 0.907, 0.861
    Briggs: 0.963, 0.943, 0.880
    Best KD On Server: VS - 6, TR - 2, NC - 0
    2nd Place: VS - 2, TR - 6 NC -0
    Worst VS - 0, TR - 0, NC - 8
    Clearly something is wrong here, interestingly NC generally have the highest accuracy and the highest headshot rate, yet the lowest KD (BY FAR) and the lowest SPM.
    I think it's fairly obvious we have a problem in faction balance, over such a huge average (approx 300,000 players) we should see fairly close averages yet NC are FAR FAR behind.
    • Up x 44
  2. MurderBunneh

As you can see NC is last on every server. Population has no bearing on the outcome. The same result servers with high NC pop as from low NC pop servers.

I guess this just means NC need to L2P..on every single server.
    • Up x 33
  3. DeadliestMoon

dark text + dark background = ?
    • Up x 38
  4. MurderBunneh

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to switch it. Feel free to repost a better version if you can't read it.

But lets focus on the numbers and the excuses that will be coming.
    • Up x 4
  5. Kurohagane

• Up x 18
  6. Bill Hicks

OMG NC just needs to pull down the mouse if they want win! vertical recoil is so easy to control.
    • Up x 17
  7. MurderBunneh

TY. Kuro.
    • Up x 2
  8. MurderBunneh

Lol I am waiting for them to explain away this as a L2P issue across the board for NC.
    • Up x 6
  9. Dinapuff

TIME TO REROLL
    • Up x 2
  10. MurderBunneh

NEVER.
    • Up x 3
  11. GSZenith

Going to need

[IMG]

ps: vs and tr are simply more MLG360noscope420yoloswagsgt! this is the proof we have been waiting on!
    • Up x 11
  12. Amarsir

Bringing data into the discussion is good. But let's be clear: that's not a scientific observation because the sampling is not properly randomized. People self-select which faction they play for, which leads to this question:

Does the player psyche differ by faction?

For example, a "lone wolf" will tend to have a lower K/D than a dedicated team player because they'll be forced to respawn instead of getting rezzed. Ditto for fighting long odds instead of giving up, making aggressive pushes instead of safe bets, and other behavioral choices. So before we can say that the difference is intrinsic to the game mechanics, we'd have to eliminate extrinsic factors like self-selection.
    • Up x 7
  13. Kulantan

Ah yes the old "NC are all lone wolves". Well this should be easy to sort. Just check if the NC have the lowest % of people in outfits on every server. This should be possible with the API.
    • Up x 6
  14. Rabbitofdoom

I actualy see more lone wolf in TR and VS on my serwer even at odd hours.
    • Up x 5
  15. Dinapuff

You're talking about the faction with the worst overall weapons to "skill" people with. Requiring more of each individual player. Lone wolves and mlg players do not like our weapons because they are either limited in their usefulness or require certs invested in them to become bad versions of another factions weapons.

TR and Vanu are insanely more gratifying to use and demand even less certs invested to be effective. They get free perks like 10 extra bullets or lack of drop. Preferable recoil patterns for being on the move while hip firing or ADAD strafing, and their faction traits easily make up for the whole "Muh DAMAGE" thing that NC have going with Rate of Fire, and in this game rate of fire has become king.

Just you wait. When nanoweave gets nerfed it will get even worse for the average NC player.
    • Up x 18
  16. faykid

can you please explain or illustrate the practical difference the "no bullet drop" makes?
    i started playing NC and TR recently, i don't see it. sniper rifles? nope, the same. infantry weapons? same feel drop-wise. tanks? nope. what then?

how does bullet drop manifest in case of NC and TR? because i don't see the difference when i play NC and TR
  17. Amarsir

It's not the only self-selection bias to correct for, but yeah if someone wanted to look that up it would help.

The problem is that this whole approach is basically epidemiology, which is just bad science. The scientific method dictates that you start with equal groups of sufficient size, alter one variable, and look to see if that variable yields a predictable result. Epidemiology takes results that are already different and then tries to back out an explanation why.

A better method would be to take only players who have sufficient experience among all three factions and then compare average statistics. That way you eliminate self-selection because all three groups are by definition the same, meaning the result could only come from weaponry.
  18. MurderBunneh

Suppressor.
    • Up x 4
  19. MurderBunneh

Or you could just take the average from all players on all servers.o_O

NC players don't perform as well it is right there clear as day. If you want to argue why that is fine and a sane discussion.

But to say that those numbers are bad science because they include all players that is not something I care to even discuss at this point.
    • Up x 13
  20. faykid

if you mean my longshot drops like my paralax with suppressor, then i disagree. it does not. the projectile pattern is identical in my experience. same goes for the LMG
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.