Hideous "NEW" Magrider look

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Danagaming, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Phyr

MBT's really don't need an abundance of faction color since they're very distinct shapes.
  2. Hrafnagaldr

I swear I saw an anchored Magrider yesterday! Of course they have to use a real anchor because of floating and ****!
    Anyway, I like the new look of the Magrider
    • Up x 1
  3. Gnomemercy

To the OP,

I suggest you read the Terms of Service in particular "Virtual Goods", once you've clicked accept and play this game you are in their world. So this stomping of feet and "I want my SC back!" because they might change something will never happen, they have every right to change it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gnomemercy

• Up x 1
  5. libbmaster

6. Xasapis

As far as I'm concerned, his input is more valuable than those who merely linked the TOS, considering that for every 1 person that complains and won't touch cosmetics, 10 others won't complain but won't touch cosmetics either. If people are unhappy with the game, for whatever reason, they are entitled to voice their distress. Beyond that point, it's up to SOE to decide whether to accommodate those people or not, or whether SOE considers their complains valid or not.

Personally, I finance the game by subscriptions and cosmetics. Nothing else. If I'm not happy with the cosmetics or how they look on the vehicle, I will obviously not buy them. The subscription I'll probably cancel when I stop playing regularly though.
    • Up x 5
  7. Luminus

Camo is intended to serve a function not just be a splash of extra color.
    Whoever OK'd this new minimal coverage isn't on my list of people helping the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. NucNuc

I wonder somehow if people like you think they are smart...
    "I want my SC back" is the expression of anger towards the developers. I don´t think he will sue SOE for that.
    On the other side, people that write something like that will consider buying a cosmetic twice next time ---> less revenue for SOE.

And one thing: I don´t know how the law in the US is, but here in Germany, companies write many things into TOS´s, but in the end it has to be covered by law if somebody takes it to the court. So TOS´s alone don´t mean everything.

OT: it looks awful... I hope they revert it on the ES MBT... Like noone sees it´s a Magrider. Come on devs, some common sense..
    • Up x 2
  9. Nyscha

Do you have flashing and neon lights over your crappy vanguard or prowler?

Or have a light which is constantly on underneath your tank or a light in the gun?

Nope get out your post is pointless.

At night vanguards and prowlers are basically invisible while you can see the flashing lights of the magrider at its furthest render distance.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bungee

Call me a conspiracy nutter but could big faction coloured stripes on MBT's be a prelude to allowing vehicle hacking by infiltrators?
  11. Nyscha

They said vehicle hacking will never happen.
  12. Bungee

No but on the prowler they decided to put a big cluster of red lights on the tanks weakpoint.. you know for the convenience of enemy ESF pilots.
  13. Nyscha

Magrider has big flashy exhaust ports on its rear.. Your point is?
  14. Bungee

you asked:
    No not flashy or neon but bigger brighter and in an arguably more annoying place. Dont rage when people answer your questions.

(PS I cant find a definitive SOE post saying they wont allow vehicle hacking)
  15. CptFirelord

• Up x 1
  16. Gnomemercy

It's not being "Smart" it's showing a link to the ToS incase like many the original poster just clicked accept without reading what he was getting into, there is also a part that goes on to say how you will never take SoE to court....so am not sure how you would be able to take legal action against them as you have already agreed by clicking "accept" that you won't.
  17. CptFirelord

Well it's good to see someone actually reads the ToS. I thought I was the only one :p

PS.. you wouldn't happen to be Gnomercy or Gnomoney from Deathwing US WoW server would you? :oops:
  18. DeadliestMoon

Have you ever watched a FNO?
  19. Bungee

Ah I stand corrected then.. there was me trying to search the official forums for official announcements
  20. Qaz

You laugh now, but what happens when the mossie and prowler suddenly go from 100% coverage to less than 50% .... everyone else should laugh and we should all accept that we need to be unhappy with how our vehicles look?

If people are not satisfied with how their vehicles look with camo (in the case of the mag, it looks worse with camo than it does without), people will stop buying them. So, yeah ... people saying that they think it's unfair because they lose an 'advantage' are being silly, but those that complain because it makes the magrider look silly do have a point. I mean ... look at this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1