Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Does Higby play the game? I thought he pretty much just talk about it to people and tries some of the new content.
  2. BengalTiger

If it gets to the point where 2 AP rounds from the Big V and a constant stream of Basilisk for 4-5 seconds destroys a Harasser which is trying to fix itself, tanks might become more popular again, and I'll enjoy PS 2 much more.

It's always that 3rd or 4th round that's nearly impossible to score for me, and being a Harasser deterrent is similar to what AA people were before they got points for damaging planes - it sucked and just about nobody did it.
    I think not only tankers feel this way, the buggy is nearly impossible for infantry to tackle, even if it's outnumbered in terms of players per side by 2 or 3 to 1, and even a Shredder Lib needs to pursue for quite some time to destroy one.

SOE may have simply noticed that there's an exodus of players who's last several deaths were by Harasser and figured they absolutely need to do something to avoid the post launch HE tank and airplane disaster, or the Annihilator and AV turret disaster which came afterwards.

As for smedbucks- IIRC someone of SOE (perhaps Higby himself) twitted the buggy will ultimately become a 1 hit kill for AP rounds.
    In other words, the next big moneymaker is on its way to PS 2, and the buggy will become a transport vehicle.

How many people will leave before that thing gets put back in line is anyone's guess.
    How many people will figure not to buy SC anymore, after their pay to win toy gets balanced is also anyone's guess.
  3. DeadLamb

lol.. oh please..
    You are literally insulting the effort and work of a team of paid professional computer programers who spent massive amount of hours at a desk making, tuning and putting the Harasser plus everything else we see into this game.. It did not "spawn" over night by magic nor did being able to mount AV guns on it happen with out anyone noticing.. /ten pages worth of :rolleyes: goes here

the Harasser does what it was put into game to do..
    it's owned to near 100% levels right now by just ONE good AV set up MBT crew hitting their shots.. They don't even need to hit all that many shots.. Repair on the move? Does not even mater, still dead if another group hits..

that's ONE tank.. just one.. In a game where a Harasser crew is facing battles with 48+ people in them and a bunch of them in tanks.

this balance pass is pretty much exactly what most calm and rational people said was going to end up happening sooner or later. It lowers certain areas a little bit but keeps the core elements that make the Harasser unique and fun to use..
    That's a good thing..
    Players will be facing Harassers with a little bit weaker stats but Harasser crews will still (I hope) have a place on a battle field made up of 100s of people + gear + ESF + turrets etc are all fighting each other.

Let wait and see how it plays out people..
  4. Campagne

If only all of the vehicles have a center of mass in the ground. Maybe then the flash might actually get to its destination alive.
    • Up x 2
  5. Fanaticalist

The number one unbalancing element for the Harasser is the ability to repair while on the move. There's no need for any of this silly tinkering with resistances or mine damage. Simply remove the ability to repair from the rumble seat and everything will be fine with the vehicle.
    • Up x 2
  6. TimeyWimey

I have to disagree here. Repairing a running harasser from seat #3 is a 1d20 and you have to roll a 20. The rumble seat repair -thing has saved me only a few times out of many, many times I've been out there. More often I've been saved by the armor than rumble seat repair -thing.

just 2cnt's here, carry on.
    • Up x 1
  7. AdmiralArcher

[IMG]

are there no horrors to which we will not be succumbed to?
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadLamb

Oh please, DeadLamb is such a stupid online name to even have OF course that's me on the player site. :p

over looking your sad attempt to stat shame me (It's ok, don't play for stats) I've always been really clear on the nerd forums here that I'm a Harasser driver..

but why is balance only about the "tank" side of it?
    If you want to go by stats (sigh, fine I'll lower myself to that level too) my main gunner is the #1 Halberd killer in this game. We (I like to think my driving plays a part too) have killed about 200 more vehicles (6k+) with just a Halberd then you have in your mag....... even with your 17days of play time in that tank..

now granted, odds are you have a top gunner and he gets a bunch of kill shot or maybe we kill way more flashes. Maybe everyone on Connery (my server) just sucks and we just suck a little less. Maybe that shows the Harasser is massively OP or the mag is horrible.
    Whatever, the point is I know the battle from the side of the Harasser.

I also know many are just blinded by Harasser hate but the team work gimmick of repair on the move is not the big bad wolf that wins most Harasser fights. I could bash out pages worth as to why but there really is no point. People will still just believe whatever they want..

not that it matters now.. The devs are doing a balance patch, ROM was left in, lets see how it works out.. Geeesh the QQ doesn't even stop in a thread about a balance pass on the Harasser. We have not even seen the effect of this patch and still the QQ goes on.. sigh.. come on people, you are all better then that..
  9. Xae

Re: Harasser

Is there a reason they just aren't nerfing repairing from the back? It seems to be the most obvious thing to change.
    • Up x 3
  10. DeadLamb

most people have crap aim.. Taking away repair on the move will not help someone with junk aim all of sudden hit a Harasser more. What will help that person kill a Harasser is a combo of weaker weapons, closer Harasser and less armor..

a boost in mine damage, something you don't even HAVE to aim will really help some people..

it's nothing more then that.. IMO of course..
  11. Brahma2

Oh, and those people that already hit harassers, you know... most of the really good tanks... that's going to be some scary ******* ****. It's already a way, way tough fight. After this nerf... it ain't going to be a fight no more :)
  12. vincent-

IT BEGINS!
  13. Crackulous

Grenade launchers and the Zealot Overdrive Engine are dead. It's been good farming with you, old friends.

Anyhow, buff the Enforcer Modified, I say two shotguns instead of one.
  14. EmperorPenguin5

Im sorry but are you incapable of working with other players to mass 3 or 4 lock-on heavys and fire at a harasser at the same time?
    Apparently yes because you think One infantry should get to deny anything it wants. At any point in time.
    • Up x 1
  15. sindz

Very good changes, but the doesnt adress the main issue of the harasser. Which is its speed and health and couple that with the ability to repair it on the move makes it the best option on the battlefield for competent players.

Either remove the ability to repair it on the move or significantly reduce the health of this go cart. Minor weapon nerfs, wont mean anything.
  16. EmperorPenguin5

Harasser isn't pay to win at all. It's pay to get a vehicle that takes skill and a good partner to win with.
    • Up x 1
  17. Xasapis

Take your partner and put him in another vehicle. Will you produce the same good results? No? Why?
    • Up x 1
  18. raumfahrer

About the proximity radar change, will there be cert refunds? Because I don't think I'd use it in defense slot when there are things like auto repair and stealth (ok, maybe not stealth anymore. Too expensive after the nerf).
  19. LordCreepy

Lets just hope they don't balance this game strictly for the new generation of gamers who like to have zero effort for instant gratification. (COD cough cough)

Fun part is they actually want to buff the close range power of the harasser ai weapons even tough they are powerfull enough ( minus the enforcer).
    C4 change will help with the harassers sitting in Amp station ccs and tech plant top floors. Seems the devs play this game do you?
    Composite resist allready got nerfed once which made the harasser more vulnerable to small arms and AP shells.
    Any decent 2/2 mbt crew was able to fight them and most likely win.
    Buffing the ai secondarys versus harassers is just catering to the masses who use the mbt for infantry camping.

Well and now the composite resist will be nerfed more which will most likely put the harasser to lighting rear armor levels ON ALL SIDES + the higher small arms vulnerability. Yet all the people who couldn't aim before will still think the harasser is op and all mbt crews who hunt vehicles and could lead target will be rofl. ( ESF pilots who can hit with noseguns too btw.)
    The lower resists will put huge repair downtimes on the harassers ( if you have ever driven a harasser near a 48+ battle you'd know that you spent equal time on gunner seat and repairing)
    Still nobody will be running 3/3 because it just doesn't pay off in exp for the 3rd. person ( Same reason btw. why harasser wolfpacks are quite rare - the driver gets 0 exp for gunner assists)
    Something which works marvelous in BF4 btw. ( 4 Crew patrol boat shares exp. nicely between all 4 crew members)
  20. LordCreepy

Take my partner and use an AP mbt + skyguard for antivehicle or 2 stealth AP Lightings.
    And we will - whats your problem?