Can some one confirm this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nintyuk, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Booface

I can understand why they can't un-give a gift. I also can understand why they can't compensate with giving the other factions extra stuff, since that'd just benefit folks with alts.

I think to make it fair everyone on VS should get a free VS-only helmet.
  2. Piestro Community Relations

Just got back from a meeting with the team. Members of all 3 factions have been drafted volunteered to dig deep into the numbers and verify their accuracy. More information to come, in the case it turns out that one of the cannon fodder Empires other than Terrans did in fact win WDS week 5.
    • Up x 5
  3. Eugenitor

I was going to post something about how it's probably just craptacular code, but then I realized that IT'S BEING DONE MANUALLY. Seriously, you spend time and effort on making a tournament, and then you hand the victory to the team that didn't have the highest score? How exactly do you screw up something that basic? No, I mean I really want to know- how is that even possible?

...it's like they gal dropped on the How Not To Do Things tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Oh, and VS probably won week 4, too... everyone thought that TR had edged VS out by a hair, but that's probably not why... :\
    • Up x 2
  4. PapaMojo

That sounds good. Can you perhaps share what those original numbers that declared TR the winners were? I don't understand why those numbers aren't regularly posted. In a baseball game, you can check score per inning, hits, walks, etc. In this pre-season I can't even go look at the final scores from the 2nd week for example as they don't exist anywhere.
    • Up x 1
  5. mancho

So,after this happened who can prove us that the other 4 weeks WDS aren't wrong gifted (maybe NC or VS have actually won) ,what if you SOE just look at the wrong scores ?Who can prove us now that the scores does mean something ?
  6. Piestro Community Relations

The issue specifically was related to how we changed scoring. So previous results are unaffected. VS did indeed win this week, I'll have an announcement up in the next 5 minutes.

Edit: Announcement here.
    • Up x 5
  7. MaxDamage

This was one of the greatest and proudest days of my life.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Piestro Community Relations

I totally refer to this day as my "Photoshoot with a supermodel".
    • Up x 2
  9. NinjaTurtle

Well as this has now been sorted out I only have one thing to say

GG VS, great work defeating the zerg

Now NC let's up our game, our corporate leaders need their big fat bonus cheques
    • Up x 1
  10. Metal Insomniac

How is this fair, though? That the TR got a free boost they didn't earn, and no one else did?

I think it'd be fair to give the NC one boost, and give the VS an additional boost (totaling for two this week).

Otherwise, this is a real slap in the face for both VS and NC.
    • Up x 1
  11. HadesR

VS are clearly OP if this is all they had to complain about :p
  12. Liquid23

well since all it took for the Vanu to win was changes to scoring to reflect population and opposition differences (which were needed) to make the playing field even AND a flat 50 percent bonus on top of that I guess we need to move on to the NC... well lets just get someone to help them finish that puzzle they have all been doing instead of participating (hint the square peg does not go in the round hole NC) and slap a 100 percent bonus on their scores... then they too can claim a victory and everyone will be happy!
  13. R3dBeaver

as penalties for calculating the wrong result, all responsible Devs are to spawn as Battle Rank 1 characters for an hour in each server, carrying no primary weapons, only to be hunted down like the Dev they are....

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Do that, and i'll be OK you made a boo-boo in your math.

Update:
    Post their names, change their name text in-game with a bright color, and give out 5,000 XP per kill for the next 48 hours. (but they need to spawn randomly to avoid spawn farming)

We'll execute them on your behalf. The Vanu children are not satisfied with a standard, regular reward after being HUMILIATED for a week. We need to stain our hands with the blood of the heretics.
  14. Czuuk

How is it that there's so much trouble reporting the data from your servers? The numbers I've seen in game versus the web site all week have been wonky to say the least. "After further review..." stinks of collusion.

And before you ask... why would SOE collude with VS? Vanity players...
  15. huller

So basicaly the TR did in fact win by actual points but the underdog hand holding hadn't been factored in yet?
  16. ViXeN

Well at least we finally got the recognition we deserved. Its just a shame that TR got free boosts for our win too even though they didn't earn it. I don't understand how someone made such a mistake to begin with... All they had to do was look at the scores and see that VS was way ahead. Its pretty basic math.
    • Up x 1
  17. Liquid23

yes you earned that win via the effortless 50 percent boost you got... hold your head up high little Vanu! ;)
  18. ViXeN

And TR earned their boost with the massive population advantages they have? :rolleyes: Anytime pops are even on Waterson the Vanu easily win alerts so I have no doubt that if they were even all the time on every server, Vanu would be miles ahead of TR and NC for WDS.
    • Up x 1
  19. Liquid23

well if that's what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night
  20. bodmans

YEEESSS, do this. Give me another 3 boosts upon the one I received this week.
    seriously, doesn't anyone know you can get the boosts by logging in once on a char on TR(in the weeks of the WDSes they won)?

But it's great that this *cough* mistake *cough* will be rectified