[Video] - Nanoweave is getting out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Prudentia

well the funny Thing is, if he has nanoweave, you would Need 3 Body shots to kill him, with a Bolt Action Rifle. Kudos to you if you can make follow up shots with sniper rifles but when you aim a Little bit to low your TTK just got to the Level of aVulcan killing another Tank
  2. Owleyes

Nanoweave is the ONLY counter most classes have against Infiltrators. Your EXACTLY like an HE spammer complaining about Flak armor.

You killed many people in that vid and your acting like your underpowered. Exactly like the pilots who complain their 20-1 k/d got knocked down a few points .

Your arguments are just an inflated sense of entitlement.
    • Up x 10
  3. NoctD

Snipers are not well liked overall and people view them as "cowards", always hiding and shooting away from a distance. It may not be so easy but you have to admit it isn't that hard either. Given the costs of NW, I think its fair if they bump it up to NW4 to withstand the top tier BAs, NW3 for the 2nd tier BAs.

But really - no one cares much for snipers. I just take to the sky and make it a point to hunt infiltrators. Almost all my revenge kills in game are infiltrators (snipers).

You're a hated class in the game really. Backstabbers, cowards, and such - is the general perception people have of infiltrators. Its not your fault that's how its meant to be played, but I suspect I'm not the only one that really doesn't care for infiltrators. I'd rather be C4ed by an LA anyday, shot by a ZOE MAX, blasted by a tank gun, etc.

Its rough, but that's the harsh reality.
    • Up x 3
  4. JimRussle

The counter to infils is playing better. Notice in the video all his kills are on stationary targets? I rarely get sniped playing any infantry class because I'm not dumb and stand on the edge of a tower with my head out in the open.
    • Up x 3
  5. tenzenator

guess this is only game where you can survive HS from sniper rifle LOL, CS,BF,COD one shot to body and you are down GG SOE

it's finny how you need 11 CP for preventing from HS
  6. Owleyes

Your absolutely right about keeping on moving to stay alive.

However, The topic is Nanoweave getting out of control, Not Infiltrators are underpowered because people move.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cindil

The only dedicated anti-infantry class in the game doesn't excel beyond other classes at eliminating infantry. :mad:

Also, taking out enemy engineers repairing MAX suits is obviously not advantageous for your team. Why aren't you do something useful, sniper? Sheesh. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  8. Flashtirade

I still don't get the "snipers don't contribute" argument. What if he went on a mad CARV streak and killed the same players (which I imagine would require even more skill because of horizontal recoil), only for them to respawn or be revived by medics?
  9. JimRussle

That's my point though. The counter to infils should be playing better, not buying nanoweave. It rewards bad play. You can sit up on that tower with your head exposed and invalidate the class dedicated to punishing bad movement choices.

Theres tons of cover available at any base. Theres really no good argument why OHK headshots are anything but balanced.
    • Up x 4
  10. RobotNinja

Why does an enemy radar ping mean an enemy Infiltrator is INSIDE your base? It doesn't.
  11. HadesR

But shows one is in the vicinity .. It's Nothing more than another derp crutch

We should make it cover all classes .. LA should ping on the radar every time they use a Jetpack, Every time a medic heals he should ping to , every time an Engi drops a ammo pack there's another ping . Nothing exact just a radar radius to show they are in the area :) .. Why should I need to use my own recon dart right ?
    • Up x 1
  12. BlackbookPS

I feel that Sniping is not really encouraged or made easy in PS2 with the default Sniper Rifles except NC and the asthmatic breath holding function.

With people dieing to so much random crap why would anybody make Bolt Actions a OHK everytime.

TBH you would be a fool to stand on the Tower without near Max Nanoweave because there's always some very low NC BR "Sniper" trying to headshot you.

I run Grenade Bandolier on Medic and it grinds when I get sniped from behind at Bio Labs by some noob, of course I hunt him down and Commisioner plus stab him but why should he get an extreme menace kill??? Cos that's the consequences of not running NanoWeave I guess.

Everybody cries about the last thing to kill them and I have paid enough "Sniper" Tax in game before. Nobody wants OHK from Cloakers.

Sorry that this spoils your chosen lone wolf class but it is for the benefit of the game as a whole and I think only Infiltrators will disagree with this.

I also appreciate your sacrifice while taking the Vanguard HEAT Round to the face!

If only everybody else would defend Sunderers in this way.

Build a wall of bodies lads, said the outfit leader!

Sensitive guys make sure to cover their family jewels!

Because you never know!

It wouldn't be too much of a problem. I could always throw a Revive Grenade from my Bandolier after the Tank runs out of ammo!!!

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. ArmedGoose

You wont get OHK power for headshots here. Nor much sympathy for that request either.
    Give it up already.
    • Up x 1
  14. KoS-1

For those sniper haters and given Mustarde a hard time. He and others are not asking for anything more than SOE live up to what they have stated about the class.

I'll repeat this links. I've posted these else where before.

No where does SoE state NW will allow you to survive a headshot from a top-tier sniper rifle. SoE does state top-tier sniper rifles will kill one-shot to the head. https://www.planetside2.com/news/large-caliber-snipers

Also, SoE states sniper is a role infiltrators perform on the battlefield. https://www.planetside2.com/faq Under"What Type Of Roles Or Classes Can I Play"
  15. JimRussle

If you want to talk about people dying to "random crap" then look no further than the other 90% of the game that has large AOEs that rack in boat loads of kills on a good day. A sniper headshotting you may seem "random" to you, but that sniper was intentionally aiming for you and put a lot more effort into the kill than any tank or plane has that haphazardly shoots infantry grinder bombs behind rocks and walls.

Menace kills have nothing to do with anything and are a poor indicator of how well an infil is doing. A biolab fight lasts for and hour and the "menace" infiltrator has a handful of kills while the rest of the infantry classes, while dying, sport dozens.
    • Up x 1
  16. EliteEskimo

As a team oriented Tanker I can express sympathy with Mustarde and other team oriented Infiltrators in general because both Dedicated Tankers and Infiltrators play misunderstood roles. Snipers don't want 50 Cal/ Bolt Action sniper rifle rounds to the head to be withstood by a few certs so they don't all have to amount to SMG Assassin, just like Tankers don't want to be sniped beyond infantry render distance so they can remain on the battlefield and be allowed to fight back. As much as I hate being head-shotted when repairing my tank, you have my support Mustarde.:D
    • Up x 2
  17. RobotNinja

Radar ping hasn't effected my gameplay. In fact sometimes I use it as bait for enemies.

"Hey, radar ping! There must be an Infiltrator somewhere near-"

There is! Behind you! STAB!

Fun had by all.
  18. Mustarde

I don't play as a lone wolf. Look closely at the video and the coms taking place. This is during primetime Mattherson Friday Night, BWC operations. There are 8-9 other infiltrators in the squad, and we have a specific objective, to help reduce the AV fire upon our tank division as they push the base. Our general infantry squads gal dropped on the point and half the squad changed to SMG infils to drop on the tower and hack turrets once the fight started to swing.

My main argument here is that without a OHK headshot (which isn't easy on non-stationary targets), the bolt action rifles are essentially worthless. It is how they are designed, and how they were initially balanced (before nanoweave was doubled). Imagine if we made all LMG's worthless, how would the HA's react to that? Sure, you would still have SMG's, shotguns, and the battle rifle, but that is an entire part of the class that isn't worth using. That's how it feels as an infiltrator right now.

That's fine, I've already stopped sniping quite a bit, and now use the SMG, and have been flirting with the TAR (that thing is insanely deadly). They are easier to use, more deadly, and don't have their efficacy cut in half by 11 certs! My KDR and SPM are much higher too. Still, sniping is my passion in this game and I'm sad to see it go.
    • Up x 2
  19. BlackbookPS

As I said Mustarde

Sniping is not really encouraged in this game, with all the ingame mechanics.

As I said I don't like paying Sniper Tax to low BR Snipers.

BR50+ Snipers no problem.

I know of you and have watched your community event.

High BR players should be able to adjust, keep the scrubs away from Bolt Actions.

When a base goes to a 50/50 fight you cannot redeploy there the less low skill snipers there the better.

Every single game was ruined by snipers and that's why I am against OHK's.

BTW

I was sniping RAMS 50 yesterday and had no problem pawning noobs. Felt a little guilty getting dominations on low BR's though!

500 Bolt Action kills to my account but it sure aint fun.

TAR + GRENADE BANDOLIER + REVIVE GRENADES is easy SPM

It's my main on this new character
  20. Lucidius134

They didn't double the values I don't think since I can think of several instances where they refer to "1000 health" and "900 health" very specifically in FNO (though like i'de be arsed to find that).

Agreed though that it detracts form the whole of gunplay when the only viable thing is SMG HIPFIRE META.