Once again, TR population inflates to 56% for alert ending

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by m00eh, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Pikeman84

The problem as I see it, is there's no real incentive to stay NC when things get tense. Yeah, a lot of people probably have alts to jump over to the blue and gold for a little bit, but we don't have anything as a faction that makes you want to stay.

We don't have the massive coordinated outfits the TR has, nor the neat sci-fi aesthetic of the VS. If you want to be a ace pilot, the Reaver is an unwanted handicap. Our Vanguard is great for 1v1 tank fights, but it's sub-par vs. infantry and our faction specific secondaries aren't fun to use. (looking at you C85 modified) The phoenix is a neat novelty, but really not that practical compared to our other launchers. (seriously, does anyone use this thing anymore?). Our MAX is great in CQC, but that's it's only theater, so you don't get to use it as often as you'd like. (plus that aegis shield is rubbish).

It's true our small arms are great, and we definitely have our own pleasing style, (freedom rock **** yeah), but we don't have anything that makes you want to stick around when things get thick.
  2. whitupiggu

PHX squads are always open during ops. But still, 10% of like 1400 is still more than enough for 2 platoons.
  3. Crowne

Have to admit NC on waterson really isn't helping itself either.

Just now, capture Amerish.
    All world pops were equal, yet as happens so many times, Amerish was 60%+ TR. Where were all the NC?

Faction lock is nice and all but when world pops are even and NC just quits before it even starts... when NC decides to just give TR a dominating victory... absolutely nothing can be done about that. We really only have ourselves to blame on that one.

I get that everyone is tired of the status quo except for the pimple faces that jump ship for the easy win, but it's pretty discouraging to see this type of thing happen. Even when there's a chance, there's no chance.

Someone please point me in the direction of a FPS that is actually fun. Nights like this really aren't doing it.

edit: come to think of it, why would we want to make it clearer that switching faction at the last minute actually ruins xp gain? I say we let these people get no xp when switching at the last minute. That system is working as designed.
    • Up x 1
  4. aoyagiaichou

Same on Miller. Why don't the massively outnumbered factions get at least just as massive experience boost is beyond me. Currently, the alerts are just bells for the farming scum.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikeman84

With the massive ODAM/TRAF alliance on Waterson, and the sorry state of our leadership, the NC on Waterson really just...don't care anymore. We just don't. We're tired of throwing ourselves into that meatgrinder. We're tired of our commanders bickering at each other, so we tune them out. We're tired of spawning to defend a facility only to find half a squad defending it. We're tired of the sky being devoid of Reavers. We're tired of never the same armor columns and air strikes that are thrown at us daily. The NC on Waterson simply lacks dedication, and I don't see it ever turning around. Why dedicate yourself to a team that never returns the favor? Why try to drag the NC leadership into a workable state when you don't have to on the other factions? Simply put, if you want to put effort into a faction, you're better off putting it somewhere else.
  6. ReconTeemo

You don't understand, ODAM runs a platoon 24/7.
  7. joe smo

I just happened to be on my NC alt (undercover, studying the enemy;))when the alert started...
    I decided to stay to my dismay as the NC proved that the TR are over populated by jumping ship and/or ignoring the alert.
    those that jumped are yellow belly cowards that bring disgrace to the Republic and am sure break what ever contract they signed with their NC bosses.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

A lot better than being 4th factioned, is how it feels.
  9. GhostAvatar

Thats what you would think!
  10. Goretzu

Played both sides plenty, it's fun to farm the dominant faction, but losing all the time gets old, it's much nicer winning all the time all things being equal.

If you disagree, it is VERY easy to simply swap to an underdog side after all. :)
  11. MrRandyWatson

Unfortunately without people being faction locked completely there will be no faction pride.

How difficult can it possibly be to temporarily lock people into their faction during an alert by IP address? Yes, some people will take measure to switch their IP but i doubt the bulk of players will bother. Or better yet, make them a true 4th traiter faction once the game detects they have switched factions in the midst of an alert, give them an annoying easily identifiable skin and allow them to be fired upon by their own faction for 24 hours. Obviously points would not be given but a little griefing against those players seems in order.
  12. Goretzu

Should have been done pre-release, no idea why they won't do it.
  13. GhostAvatar

Yes it is much nicer all things be equal (including population). And I don't swap sides (winning or losing), that would make me as bad as the 4th factioneers.
  14. Goretzu

People that swap to the underdog faction are like angels. Wonderful and there is no evidence they exist.
    • Up x 1
  15. GhostAvatar

Anyone who swaps faction temporarily (for whatever reason) is technically a 4th factioneer and has no loyalty to their faction.
  16. Goretzu

It's easy to be "loyal" if you're winning. :D
    The only people who you can really say are loyal are those being hammered day in day out and still playing that faction.

People that swap to the underdog side are great people though, unfortunately they are almost imaginary.
    • Up x 1
  17. MrK

Exactly. Telling people to be loyal when you keep your loyalty with the overpop easy side, well ....
    • Up x 1
  18. Qel

The attitude on NC Miller, at least amongst the outfits I know of seems to be 'what's the point?' unless we happen to have an event going in which case we might try fighting it, but even then it's an uphill battle., The fourth factioners just ruin it for everyone and I know some TR outfits are getting bored with the situation too, it isn't their fault at all. But for VS and NC the longer it goes on you start to think 'is it worth playing anymore?' because you know you'll never win against the numbers they have with fourth factioners, particularly during global alerts when the numbers advantage really shows.
  19. GhostAvatar

Its easy to be bored while you're winning. It just a matter of following the lattice links and spamming the spawn room in the hopes that one of them might step out and you might get the kill. While the few defenders inside probably gets 20 kills from all the attackers clamoring over each other for that single kill. Hell those guys probably makes more XP from losing the alert than winning.

All this is a result of broken game mechanics and design. And I don't see any kind of overall design coming into play.
  20. freeze

how about you try it then :)
    Let's see if you make more xp playing 15%pop against 65+% pop

let me know how much fun it was afterwards pls... send me a /tell