the PS2 team will be shifting their priorities to focusing purely on optimization.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diplocaulus, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Diplocaulus

Worth sharing from John Smedley's (President, Sony Online Entertainment) Twitter feed:

"the PS2 team will be shifting their priorities to focusing purely on optimization. It's unacceptable as it stands." (Aug 20)

"this is going to take some understanding on your part players - when we focus on this it means other stuff waits. But this is critical." (Aug 20)

https://twitter.com/j_smedley
    • Up x 2
  2. Brainwayne

ahaha, that's a good one... :p

I want Hossin first!
    I demand Hossin! Give me Hossin!

Hossin!
    • Up x 1
  3. ironeddie

This was shared days ago.

Mostly still annoyed that they let the game get so bad that they need to put everything on hold & focus in this. I think the dev team I think the creation of this game has been badly managed at some level.
    • Up x 3
  4. Diplocaulus

I don't understand how a problem as big as this SLI issue went live. Once upon a time I used to do intranet development for a Fortune 50 company. We too worked in a team environment, and we too had a test server. Nothing went live until it was first vetted thoroughly on the test server. SOE, are you listening?
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

They've been waiting for too long imho. This game still has poor performance, HUD eats 10-15 fps and no one knows why, map takes seconds to load, we have no multi-core support so that low clock / 8 cores processors are penalized, game is still crashing far Beyond the acceptable and we got a system error every time the client is shut down. This stuff had to be fixed months ago but they woke up just now: it's time for them to put a serious boost to the "optimization & fixing" process as players are sick and tired of promises.
    • Up x 6
  6. Kastrenzo

Probably because Planetside 2 is going to PS4, And Sony won't take it in the state that the game is.
  7. Toxicmix1

1 year later they woke up. Probably they where living all this time under some cave.

Pathetic
  8. Brusilov

Oh well.. better late then never I guess.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mugze

Too much time on twitter and not enough devs in the cave making stuff happen. SoE is actually pretty comparable to the US congress, every new item passed screws up 4-5 other things and they are to (insert random insult here) to fix it.

Just do your jobs... heck if I performed this consistently poorly at work I would be fired. SoE, reach down between your legs, pull your heads out of that tiny crevasse and do your job.
  10. tigerchips

• Up x 2
  11. Brainwayne

i think he is... He is super duper cereal
  12. NyaR

**** hossin, forget new weapons, don't even think about different maps

All that is useless if it can't be enjoyed

And I sure as hell don't enjoy dropping fps any time I zoom a weapon, or playing with the current fps at that, or having numerous ongoing functionality issues.
    • Up x 5
  13. Hatamoto

Its also not acceptable to only post important things like this on Twitter .. but thats just my opinion
    • Up x 5
  14. ironeddie

Regardless of the ps4 release Sony should not be happy with ps2. If I saw how this game is & I was there manager I'd go nuts. I don't think it's the dev teams fault at least not the people actually doing the codeing but I don't think it'd been well managed or had close enough over site from higher ups at Sony. Maybe that's what's forced this big run towards optimisation. Maybe a big bad at Sony looked in on what's be happening here.
  15. Hatamoto

I hope they took a good look at the Q&A team especially
  16. Roadhouseman

optimize the **** out of that game....... or so
    • Up x 2
  17. BlackDove

Probably because they were too busy making stupid looking hats to monetize the **** out of the game, and maybe because the forums are largely ignored. It's been 9 months of the menus loading people's GPU to 100%, and 43 posts from Higby on here, with over 400 on Reddit.
    • Up x 4
  18. bahlof

This news makes me happy. I hope they're serious about it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Brainwayne

SOE, please don't listen to this, it's heresy that is! Down that road madness lies!
    Give us Hossin for we will never complain or put your endless wisdom into question

:p
  20. TeknoBug

Today, heavy fight at Biolab before I left it to go to an amp station...

UI on = ~31-35fps
    UI off = ~55-60fps

Yes ~60fps in a heavy fight with UI turned off...haha.