Good News from Smed is Good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Phrygen

• Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

Can't wait to see some improvements!
  3. IamDH

They have said this a million times and with every patch (and hotfix? wtf) it gets worse
    • Up x 4
  4. CrashB111

[IMG]

My AMD CPU waits to be utilized.
    • Up x 4
  5. Elrobochanco

And PS4 dev has officially kicked off I guess.
    • Up x 8
  6. Rockit

Yeah because PS4 release date is to be announced today if not already.
  7. RomulusX

He lives!
  8. PieBringer

Because we certainly have not been hearing it since Beta!

Eagerly awaiting an improvement from 15 FPS to 16.2 FPS.

Uh... Cool story. Yeah, let's go with that.
    • Up x 2
  9. THUGGERNAUT

will believe it when we see it. and yeah, like someone above said, the only reason this game is getting any attention is because it's the beta for the PS4 version. otherwise this would be the redheaded stepchild compared to EQNext.
    • Up x 1
  10. Phrygen

well, i'm not disagreeing, however the optimization process is going to be significantly different for PS4 and PCs. The PS4 is a single system type with uniform components.
    • Up x 1
  11. WaiZen

I love how he says it's unacceptable yet, the game been running like garbage since Beta.
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

But fundamentally it is a x86-64 system, you could (though the GDDR5 would be a little tricky) build your own Ps4 sans the operating system.

Its either to develop for one specific technical platform thats certainly true. All the different components people have allways throw things out.

Also lets not kid ourselves, this is basically a fairly substantive revision of the engine. Moreover, the greater mutlithreading arguably was not economically to do back in 2012.
  13. Czuuk

This is after the lock on fix and the vertical thrust updates I hope. Or have they been pushed back since Future Crew presented their opinions in the latest FNO?
  14. gigastar

Purely to optimisations?

So GU15 is going to be another "empty" update and we Forumsiders have to put up with more threads of people complaining about no new content?
    • Up x 1
  15. LowTechKiller

16. Flashtirade

Oh boy, I can't wait!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 20
  17. PWGuy93

This will be the 2nd confirmation that they will be optimizing.
    This comes from the President, Sony Online Entertainment, San Diego

My question, where do we send the devs pizzas to keep them optimized?
  18. Lazaruz

Beat me to the thread by 2 minutes :D

Although I'm cautiously optimistic, I feel that this has been a long time coming. I can put up with having to wait some stuff for longer if it means they will get the game running better for everyone. That will also help Planetside 2 gain new players, since I think one of the major limiting factors for the game's success has been the ongoing performance issues.

I would give Smed's communication a little more weight than the everyday dev tweets, but as as always we'll just have to wait and see.
  19. THUGGERNAUT

by "unacceptable as it stands," Smed probably meant they were having problems getting their PS4 alpha versions running acceptably
    • Up x 1
  20. Phrygen

hopefully yes.