Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankHH

Now let's bump this until we have 2000 posts
  2. Dignity

1001 nights bump post
  3. Notiz

sounds interesting, was'nt there in beta but I loved night fights as well from the moment I started this game, so more nighty nights - I'm up for it.
  4. Hetman

5. vanu123

Sure but you will have people QQ the VS camo.
  6. Retrieverr

Don't really remember the beta nights, but this is a very good/simple change they need to make for lighting to be useful.
  7. Bindlestiff

And they don't already?
    • Up x 1
  8. Dignity

Bump once again
  9. Meharis

I dont played in the beta but the videos about the night are looking awesome!!
    Would love to see them on the live servers.

But one question that comes up is the infiltrator he would definitly need a night vision too!
    But this would even be kinda OP..

What do u think about that?
  10. RubiksCubix

Agreed. Right now, the nights seem like nothing more than a cinematic effect. No real gameplay effect.
  11. Cowabunga

12. Anghammarad

13. LectraWyraph

I support this idea. Please oh PLEASEEEEEEEEEE bring back REAL night time. Make flash lights, and nightvision have a real purpose. Do you want stuff people paid certs for to be in vain? I sure don't.
  14. Dignity

Come on guys, make surethis threadstays on top. We want something to be done about this.
  15. Flipwin

1015... Bring back the night!
  16. Dignity

1016 We want the night back
  17. MrJengles

18. sodopro

19. Phoenixca

Someone needs to send this thread directly to the devs. 400+ thumbs up, 51 pages, seemingly no one opposing. Then maybe they'll realize how many people want this back.
  20. ZoSoGetsu

Yeah get rid of the dimmed daylight.. One idea I have is you could have moon cycles, so when the moon is full its much like it is now, but other times it's pitch black with no moon, and partially between during crescent and half moon cycles. Flashlights would be nice to have usefulness, and give them the BF3 blinding effect in CQ but also give away position at range..

Also why not have NV Goggles that can be purchased? Very helpful at night but must be turned off/unequipped at day else you get a blinding display.. Also running into a soldier with a rail mounted flashlight would give the same effect, meaning you'd have to be careful when using it.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.