New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. BigMacDeez

Fair enough.
  2. Tommyp2006

we already have anti vehicle grenades. And that was likely a thermite grenade. Not an ordinary fragmentation grenade.
    • Up x 2
  3. ValorousBob

Possibly the dumbest post in this entire thread. A deployed AMS getting killed can cripple an attack in seconds, so yeah Sunderers need to be stronger then MBTs. It's already horrendously easy to kill sundies with explosives, and the the only time it was easier to kill an MBT with C4 was when the driver is a big enough scrub to stand still.

Any player who's that oblivious deserves to get insta-gibbed.
  4. KanoHe

May be legit if c4 worked like actual c4 where you need to stick it to a vehicle... not the case with LA now...
  5. Rhapsody

Since all tanks in PS2 (MBT's + Lightings), are one-man-army ripoffs of CoD and Battlefield, yes, i can see this being a valid argument. a 1 person vehicle SHOULD be able to be countered by 1 guy on the ground.

Now.. if they had wisely kept the 2-crew MBT's from PS1, then no... 1 guy on the ground should not have the power to take out 2 in a vehicle.

But again.. being as ALL tanks in PS2 are one-man-army machines... yea, 1 guy with 2 C4 should be able to outright destroy any tank he see's.
    • Up x 2
  6. Phrygen

good LAs will float in the blind spot of the 3rd person view of a tank and not be seen, or wait until the tank is firing at something and thus in first person view, to make their move.
  7. Durendal

That's because you weren't using a tank with a crappy auto-loader. Hint: From Soe's gun design, I doubt they even know what an auto-loader is.
  8. cfnz

I've seen you use C4 + UBGL to destroy Sunderers, which cannot normally be destroyed by 2 x C4 alone. If the same can be done now vs tanks, is it that much different to your other examples?
  9. Gary

Its a much needed change... a Vehicle that requires 450 resources and 2 people atleast to be used effectively should not be a cert box for 1 person with 200 resources who drifts from the top of a tower.

These vehicles should require some teamwork to take them down just like they require team work to be effective..

This is coming from someone has C4 unlocked and equipped on all loadouts possible.

I would just like to point out i have hit an Enemy Heavies with an AP round from my prowler on a number of occasions., The heavy as survived the round....
  10. RX530SS

C4 already takes forever to deploy, and it's not easy to throw c4 on a moving tank. It takes very accurate timing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kanil

Why don't heavies have to make this choice?
  12. RogueComet

Actually we've shown that C4 accounts for less vehicle kills per hour than any other AV weapon. How is that the most deally AV weapon by a disproportionate amount? Heck only weapons like the Walker had fewer kills per hour than C4. Nobody has had an effective argument against the fact that C4 kills less than 4 vehicle per hour on average.
  13. Compass

It's not different, but the amount of work required to do that is significantly more than the same effort provided by my engineer with 2 bullets to the mines.
  14. MilitiaMan

I was pointing out that HE/HEAT was nerfed against infantry...twice.

MBT/Lightnings got a health/armor buff but still died to C4 like it was nothing.

People say you have to be an idiot to be C4'd by LA but half the time infantry doesn't render and lets face it, C4ing a tank is almost laughably easy accept when you charge right at them.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kunavi

OH YEAH. More like it. But I would prefer if they simply introduced placement animation like Ammo Packs. No need to lower Dmg for C4 that way.
  16. Phrygen

i don't understand why everyone thinks a tank driver is "oblivious" when there attention is diverted to fighting something else, and therefor in first person view and unable to see everything going on.

Was this change absolutely necessary? No, it could have been an increase in cost to c4 or something else. But it was good sense to make some sort of change. As i see it, LAs will still be able to finish the tank of with UB nade launcher, and will kill a tank that has taken any damage, and will put a 100% MBT in a critical state where the drivers have to abandon the tank. without fire suppression, there is no way the driver/gunner can do anything but sit still and repair the tank, or abandon it. Seems fair to me frankly.

Not to mention that implants are going to apparently include a "invisible to radar" perk... but clearly that a few months away and does not apply right now.
    • Up x 2
  17. RX530SS

1. Vehicles should not cost 450 resources. That needs to be fixed.
    2. You DO NOT need 2 people to use it effectively. You need 2 people to dominate and 1 person to use it effectively.
    3. C4ing a tank is not easy to do unless they aren't paying attention at all. When the tank has a gunner with any sense, it's almost impossible.
  18. Phrygen

well that means you couldn't do it from air, and it would take quite awhile... also would involve "placing". That would make a lot more sense from a "real life" perspective, but could be buggy and would stop some cool stuff like c4ing from mid air from happening.
  19. Ranik

I lost it at Turnip. Thanks for making me look like an idiot laughing out loud for no apparent reason.

All in all though. A good change. AT mines instant kill without mineguard. 2 C4 leaves you on fire rather than 1 C4 doing 80% of your health.
    • Up x 3
  20. ValorousBob

It's only a cert box if the driver is ******* terrible. Stop being oblivious scrubs and you'll stop dying to C4. If you're underneath an enemy tower in an MBT, you deserve to get insta-gibbed. If you weren't close to the tower then you had plenty of time to shoot that LA before he C4'd you.