Infiltrators in General

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Braddigan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

I think the same, more or less. Is Infiltrator fun? Hell YEAH!!! Is it relevant in battle? Well not so much. It would make more sense if we were the only able to show enemies on minimap but Scout Radars somehow steal us the scene.
    The truth is today Infiltrators are assault soldiers with a cloaking device. We kill people, and that's all.
    Maybe it will be a little better after the revamp: Stalker Camo Device, the new Armor Slot making possible to spot explosive and the remote-controlled drone (but is that s**t really coming?) should make us more effective at doing intelligence and scouting enemy positions. Our role should slightly move from "merely killers" to "scouts, spy and saboteur".
  2. MrMurdok

The only thing the Infiltrator lacks in my opinion is a role. When my outfit attacks a base, I get my share of kills, I spam the recon darts, and if there's any terminal, I hack it. There, job done, now I'm just another killwhore class like the HA or LA. I do NOT have Assault in my class name.

This will however change with the Infiltrator update, when our role will be more defined- recon and intel and we will actually have good tools to play this role.
  3. Braddigan

This is what I'm talking about. There is a specific point where our job is over, and at the very most we can be an assault class - an assault class that is significantly weaker than the other assault classes in terms of firepower and shields. We should have a job to do in the battle, something to make us necessary. Additionally though, I feel that the general tools we have, the cloak for example, could be implemented better so that they actually function. The flavor blurb says that people should be jumping at shadows in case it's an infiltrator waiting to pounce. This is not the case.

Right now when you looked for an infiltrator, you just have to look around. See that shimmer (high settings) or white ghost (low settings)? That's him. Blam, dead, probably even a headshot if he wasn't looking right at you. There's no cause for concern here, let alone worry. If I can do this, anyone can, and all people do. If you have any question about this, just wait for at most 12 seconds. In that 12 seconds he'll have to either attack you and die (cause he gets a delay when he decloaks) or run away (in which case you'll see the movement and gun him down).

Even if you aren't anywhere near him, you can hear him easily assuming you aren't completely surrounded by explosions. One decloak and every enemy goes "Ah, there's an infiltrator here, let's look for the tell tale blur." The sound is even faction dependent, I can tell if it's an NC, TR or VS infiltrator, and to make things even easier, they're now color coded! So there isn't even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind when I see one.

This is counterproductive to infiltration. Heck, they even have glowing parts on the character model so that you know exactly what you're looking at. I especially like the fact that the Vanu one has a crosshairs on his face, as if to say "Please shoot me here."

Seriously, it's like the developers thought long and hard about how to undercut the stealth aspect of the class as much as possible.

- Braddigan
  4. Astraka

Let's do this again, since my point of stating how useless the other classes can be when viewed in a certain light was completely missed.

Hacking is an extremely powerful approach to this objective. Not only do you quickly deny your an opponent an often critical defensive resource, but you allow your allies to use said resource against him. Ztiller's videos in particular show how strong hacking can be at denying enemy critical vehicle resources - something that has become even more useful since GU11.

Of course turret hacking is only one method of denying the enemy use of turrets and terminals. Posting up somewhere near by and eliminating those trying to use said resources is incredibly easy as an Infiltrator given our penchant for stealth & quick, silent kills. If your team decides that blowing up a turret is more advantageous than using it themselves, what class is better suited to make certain those turrets stay down?

Light Assaults are completely visible at all times, both on Radar & to the naked eye, and they require a strict environment (close outdoor urban) to even be moderately successful at that. Indoors & in environments without close buildings they lose all of their ability to flank, and even when they are successful at flanking they are quickly noticed and destroyed due to being completely visible and relying on rapid fire weapons - suppressed or not they are not silent or particularly hard to hear.

Other classes don't even have the ability to fly on roofs and lack the necessary tools & abilities to flank in the same capacity as the Infiltrator. Worse than the Light Assault, they are stuck completely on the ground and are visible. The only times they can succeed are when no one is watching, and those opportunities they rely on must present themselves where Infiltrators make their own opportunities by using the Cloak & Recon Darts.

I bring this up because first and foremost I was not explaining advantages to Braddigan, but rather the expectations I hold for the class. I would expect any class to be able to secure & hold points considering that is the overarching goal at base invasions.

Of course Infiltrators DO have an advantage in securing & defending points, and I would argue they are invaluable to have when the time comes. Knowing how many enemies are on a point and where they are at is an incredible advantage, as is knowing when the resecure is coming through usage of your darts and using the Cloak to ambush the subjects coming to do the resecure. Using the EMP to soften up targets either on point or coming to it is also an advantage soley in the hands of the Infiltrator - though the Heavy's concussion grenade is useful as well in that regard.

In larger bases with multiple points having the ability to sneak past the enemy team and flip a point is crucial. Whether the enemy is made aware of the flip is irrelevant. The clock is slowed or hastened depending on what the situation you're in, and the enemy must devote resources to rescure it. In smaller battles, forcing the enemy to devote even one or two critical soldiers gives your allies breathing room. If they send a whole squad, so much the better for your allies who no longer are dealing with them.

You're ignoring hacking, but lets jump into this point.

One could also argue that all the tools of the other classes are easily replaced by either the other classes (in the case of the Heavy), by consumables (Medic Gun), or by cert choices (Engineer repairs). Having the ability to sometimes pull a 100 resource flash that is easily shut down does not negate the importance of having a constant web of radar going off in the area, just like none of the above truly negates the other class's related tools. You're grasping at straws here - the Radar gun is probably the most powerful item in the Infiltrators arsenal and matches up favorably with the tools the other classes provide.

This is partially the point I was trying to make earlier.

My expectations are realistic and are on par with the performance of the other classes. What is pathetic is that you have deluded yourself into think the Infiltrator provides little in a competitive environment when it is evident to many of us that this is simply not the case. Infiltrator provides unique advantages in all situations (aside from vehicular dominated ones) and a good one is irreplaceable to an intelligent leader.

But lets talk about your expectations now because I'd like you to know that we are not on completely different ends of the spectrum.

How many videos does one have to show you before you get that Infiltrating an enemy base is possible? The fact that there is literally hours of media available proving that getting into an enemy base is possible and yet you still pretend it isn't is baffling. Talk about putting on blinders! The methods required may not be to your liking, but that doesn't mean they are not there.

You need to get over how much you dislike the methods and instead embrace them. I can't take you seriously when the only reason you think getting into bases is impossible is the fact that you refuse to do it the way it works. Your own stubbornness prevents you from succeeding, not the class.

These things aren't unreasonable. Though I think you and some of the others here are completely ignoring the strengths that we already possess, I agree that a more reliable means to combat vehicles would be nice, as would more objectives to attack. Of course if we are given those objectives, I am 100% certain that we would be able to take them without a new cloak or different stealth mechanics.

As for being relegated to a combat role outside of hacking & recon, I can only wonder what you all thought you were signing up for when you saw Planetside 2 was an MMOFPS. And it isn't as if the other classes are somehow immune to this either... Combat Medics & Engineers are very solid combatants outside of their role as well.

And just so you are aware Dr I was not attempting to insult your or your outfit when bringing them up. I was simply trying to relate to you the fact that the class cannot be completely without merit if you were able to secure yourself a spot in a somewhat competitive outfit by convincing the leader that you would be useful in that position. How that was misconstrued as a personal attack on you or your outfit is confusing to me, but I apologize regardless.
    • Up x 2
  5. Larolyn

I like this guy. He gets it. Play to the strengths instead of being hung up on the weaknesses.
    • Up x 1
  6. MrMurdok

You're underplaying yourself as a cloaker.

We've been given a set of tools that are somewhat mediocre, but deadly in the right hands. Hunter Stealth, for example, people overplay the whole 'stay still and gain near perfect invisiblity' aspect of it. Sure, it's handy if you're going to camp a corner with a SMG, unless people take a second look and see the obvious curving of the lines in the building. However, when people are running all over, lines and what not get curved in their minds, so your stealth hides you fairly well. Hunter is designed to take on people in the midst of all the confusion and chaos of a firefight, I don't expect myself to rush a well guarded position with all eyes on my and come out on top and neither should you. Heck, even Light Assaults with their unusualy entry points will get spotted and mowed down.

Then you've got the Recon Dart. It's such a powerful tool, yet I hardly see anyone using it. I can tell you right off the bat that more than half of my infiltration missions would've been totally demolished if someone popped a dart and just watched the minimap. Combining Recon and Hunter will make you positively lethal, I can't tell you the times I've shot off a dart, saw 2-3 guys running right at me, stealthed, blew clean through then, de-stealthed behind them and dropped them, and that's with an SOAS-20.

Ztiller will back me up on this, but you guys stopped listenning to him ages ago. The main lack for the Infiltrator (as a support class, which we obviously are) are routine tasks to preform, the update will give us those. I saw lots of people who were not very pleased with what they're giving us, to be honest, I would've loved a target painter or something, but heck, the devs are giving us more tools to fulfil our role as espionage agents for our empires, outfits and squads. I could not be happier.

As far as our killing power goes, I'm a bit ticked at the whole Nanoweave headshots thing, but that's beside the point. We, as Infiltrators are not designed for face-to-face combat, and as more and more people will begin to understand that, those people will see both their K/D and their level of effectiveness towards their faction rising.
  7. Vaphell

i don't know why you are surprised. This thing is a ***** to max out (1780c!!! on a class that trails all others in xp/hr by a considerable margin), way way above Nanoweave considered expensive by many and only recently started to give modest xp, not comparable with much cheaper engie's repair tool aka cert printer. Sinking few hundred certs into it does nothing so no wonder many/most infs don't bother.
  8. Braddigan

Like I said before, I used the recon dart all the time - and it does help me a great deal. I'm sure it helps anyone along for the ride with me as well. Time after time though, I find myself in a situation that I have no method of dealing with. Like if a MAX suddenly rounds a corner or if a tank suddenly appears. At the moment I only have three darts, so once I've used those, I have none. I'm in the process of certing more. Also, I don't think I do that badly, I mean, I'm not a pro, but I have a KDR of 1.6 at the moment, and I make sure to hack everything necessary to taking a place, turrets, terminals, whatever.

I just wish the class wasn't so...counter to what it's supposed to have. It's the noisiest class (not counting guns) and the whole color thing really annoys me. In addition, as I said before, I can slip into a base, but if they've blown up everything I can hack, I can only hide and hopefully kill a few things until everyone else gets there or I die. I feel kinda useless then.

- Braddigan
  9. Mythicrose12

You're mistaken on why light assaults are unhappy. They're mostly unhappy because they lack a tool slot (it doesn't help other classes want to argue jet packs as a tool and ability) and indirect nerfs from previous game updates (i.e. shotgun nerfs, C-4 changes, windows added to some buildings, etc). I'm not debating any of those nerfs, but just wanted to clarify the LA isn't unhappy as with their role of "unparalleled masters" of scaling roofs.
  10. redsevenski

This is something that still confuses me and points to the fact that i don't think many (if any, although Higby says he has) play infil much. The general cost of infil stuff just seems more than the other classes. For example the AP mines cost half the certs for the engi compared to what an infil pays. Again the cost for engis and medics to upgrade their tools (repair/heal guns I mean) is considerably less than for the infil.

Has there ever been an explanation for this as I've never understood it? (don't get me wrong - this isn't a rant, I'm just curious as to why this is the case).
  11. Vaphell

the only explanation i can see is that it fits the general trend of preemptive nerfs the class experienced at the release just because 'omg invisible OHK snipers are invisible!'. Expensive stuff - check, crappy cloak - check, limited hacking xp - check, no AV - check.
  12. Aimeryan

Astraka, you are once again confusing skilled players with the infiltrator being a skilled class. Arguing, for example, that there are videos of infiltrators inside enemy bases is not proof that the infiltrator is good at getting inside enemy bases - it is just proof that those players were. Do you really not understand this point? I thought you were better than that! I am sure some of us could make some videos as other classes getting into those bases just the same if you like.

How you even have the guts to argue that the other classes are not great at specific things and also not still good at things in general (compared to the infiltrator) is beyond me. Seriously?

Hacking rarely if ever denies the enemy anything. Think about it - there are infantry terminals inside spawn-protected areas at every base, while there are not even infantry terminals outside this area at every base for us! The vehicle terminal is only a denial if you can hold it (it is often right next to the spawn) - if you can hold it then it then you can deny the enemy regardless - or, just destroy it for the same effect. The unique feature is not the denial for the enemy but the ability to use it ourselves. However, this is often a moot point because if you spawn any vehicles while the enemy holds it the vehicle will be destroyed before you even get given control of it. If you hold the area already then the need for vehicles is very limited. Regardless, one terminal for each base is not exactly going to cut it for all the infiltrators out there.

Turret denial is not unique - any class can do this. So you jumped up the corner of a tower, got to the turret, then hacked it. Great. I could do the same thing as any class and just put down a C4 instead. Or use an AV mana-turret from long range. Or Heavy rockets. Or vehicles that are being repaired by engineers (who are being kept alive by medics). Use of the turret itself is our only unique feature here - and it hardly comes into play. Use of the enemy turrets for ourselves is very situational and often comes to nothing simply because they are often very poorly positioned to attack a defending force. The fact that all the (viable) turrets might already be destroyed is a whole other issue in and of itself.

Your argument for objective holding is very weak. You basically assert the need for the infiltrator (and one at that) on the premise that recon darts are needed - this is far from true. Scout radar can and will often be used instead - and it merely requires that someone (or multiple people!) pull a flash. They can hide them in safe places - perhaps behind the objective itself, thus causing the need for you to defeat said defenders to even get to it. This also ignores of course that everyone else that can simply spot from up to 150m away and does not need any special ability to do this, thus you could replace the infiltrator with say a LA sat up high spotting enemy units approaching said objective. As a further point on this, there is often only one or two ways (chokepoints) to an objective meaning it is often insignificant to know where the enemy units are - they are going to come through those chokepoints at some time or another. Lastly, as Dr. mentioned, infiltrators have weaker firepower and sustainability.

Your argument about temporarily overloading things like generators and objectives is making the assumption that we are the only class capable of doing this (or are better at it). This is weak straight of the bat - LA is by far better at this. All the other classes can also do the same thing as infiltrators because we don't have any bonus to movement nor is the cloak suitable in CQ. You also miss that there are often random players roving the base regardless because they lack organisation - these are the players ironically that will make this whole argument moot because they will be the ones that deal with such temporary annoyances without, therefore, actually having taken resources away from somewhere else.

Your argument against the scout radar replacing the recon dart vs other utility replacing other class tools is weak. Other class tools work stronger than the utility options, while also still being useful in greater amounts. Sunderers take time to respawn at and place you further back from the action (which is also a point for ammo resupply) - the medic tool is very quick and gets you back into action very quick, as well as reviving MAXes. MAX/vehicle repair takes time to start, requires the MAX/vehicle sits out of the action, and is slower once started than the repair tool. Pulling vehicles to deal with other vehicles has a long cooldown and high resource cost, which the HA's rockets do not - as well as requiring active use. They also don't exist at every base.

Scout radar on the flash is very cheap, has a short cooldown and is permanent without requiring any active use (apart from momentarily sitting on it again - which doesn't even have to be the owner). It also covers a much larger area than recon darts and does not make any noise or glow. You can get it from any base and it is also very fast thus allowing quick relocation. You only need one to do the job, after which every infiltrator in the area is made completely redundant for this aspect.

I really do not get why you are arguing these points Astraka. The class needs help, not people telling others just to give up on seeking improvements and just try to make do with what is there.
    • Up x 3
  13. Larolyn

I would reply with an intelligent rebuttal but I think you are too far gone to be saved from your own ineptitude. Shame, this class is very powerful in the right hands. I suggest you try something else and come back to the infiltrator when you have gotten some battle scars from close combat with another class. Perhaps then you can see the potential of the infiltrator and not the player induced flaws in your deductions.
  14. Braddigan

So if you don't want to reply with a rebuttal, why reply at all? The class is not terrible, but the tools it uses and the design of the model are pretty far off the mark for a supposedly stealthy class. I will not hear a word against recon darts, when you're on your own they are absolutely essential. I killed about 7 guys in a row today because of them, I was able to avoid most unfavourable encounters in this manner. The cloak however is not doing its job, rather than keeping you hidden it's making you more obvious in close range at the moment with sound and blurring to people who use a certain setup. Since I can't predict this, I'd rather limit using it instead, and I don't feel I should have to.

- Braddigan
  15. Larolyn

Ok I shall reply to your original post then. The infiltrator is not gimped or useless. It is extremely powerful and deadly in the right hands.

The cloak is situational and far from awful. It requires knowledge of the right situation to us it in. It also hides you from night vision and thermals meaning air will never see you if you choose not be seen by them. The cloak will also remove your marker from the map if you have been spotted making you invisible to enemy radar. Awesomeness. You can remove your icon from the mini map at will.

The human eye is trained to notice movement. Even small shimmers moving will stand out. A person standing still is not as noticeable as a person moving. A person standing still in the shadows is even less noticeable. A person running headlong into the enemy, even with cloak is a liability. Don't be that guy. 12 seconds is a long time in this game. TTK is often only 25% of that time. You are not forced to keep moving. You are forced to plan ahead and think of positioning. Movement, positioning, planning and line of sight are all tools at your disposal. And the shadows will always be a better cloak than the cloak is. And as so many have said before, learn to infiltrate without the cloak. If my engineer can sneak and slide his way through the shadows to an enemy sunderer without using cloak, then your infiltrator can stealth his way to an advantageous position with help of his cloak ability.

The hullabaloo over the cloak noise is just blown way out of proportion. The noise means two things to the enemy depending on the situation. In the heat of the battle it's "there's an infiltrator nearby but I don't know where and I have more pressing issues at hand right now". The other time is "oh god I'm alone and there is an infiltrator nearby who I can't see, if he gets the jump on me I am dead". The noise provokes a reaction and can be used to your advantage. Spooking the enemy and getting them jittery is a class ability given to no other. Use it. Don't see it as a hindrance. It is an asset if used correctly.

The thing about the infiltrator and nanoweave is the infiltrator is very situational class. There is long range sniping for clearing out heavies with lockons and engineers with AV turrets. There's medium range recon with Scout Rifles and Bolt Actions with a 2x reflex sight (try it, it's hilarious fun) and then there is close quarter combat infiltrator with an SMG. The class is very situational and your starting weapon is the weakest of all situations. So rarely you get to excel with this loadout and you need to invest in cqc and medium range before you can really unlock the potential of this class. That the infiltrator starts with his weakest loadout is a mystery to me but there you have it. The developers thought it would be a good starting point for the class but to be honest it is terribly situational and not at all a loadout that should be used all that often. Nanoweave exists and is here to stay, move closer, use a different loadout and be aware the infiltrator has no main weapon. He has a weapon at hand to adapt to the situation he is in. The infiltrator takes incredible investment to become viable on the battlefield. Sniping is just one of many roles the infiltrator will play.

The infiltrator has plenty to do. As you said the infiltrators hacking ability is situational. Well place yourself into a situation where by your situational ability becomes an actual ability and reap the benefits. If you cannot find the right situation then you need to look for it and learn where to find it. The infiltrator is situational everywhere he goes and it is up to you, the player, to place him in the right situation to gain the maximum benefit from this devastating class.

The class has enormous potential and devastating power in the right hands. It requires a lot of investment to get yourself 3 functioning loadouts to work at long range, medium range and close quarter combat. It takes time to learn when to use what loadout. It takes even more time and practice placing yourself in the right situation with the right loadout. If you are now approaching your playing time with a defeatist attitude perhaps you need to rethink your strategies and find new avenues of attack and infiltration. The tools are there at your disposal. You just need to practice, learn and develop your own skills to release the full potential of the class.
  16. ShadowAquilaX

I started out as Infiltrator, got bored, played the other classes (I hate LA), came back to Infiltrator after spending TONS of certs on it, even bought all the class guns and an SMG.
    I fully agree with the OP and his supporters. The Infiltrator is very lack luster in it's role(infiltration). Almost everything it can do, can also be done by ALL the other classes(to a similar if not better degree). Plus ALL the classes can do something the Infiltrator can't. The only thing the Infiltrator can do that ALL the other classes can't is OHK at >200 meters. Which is rapidly disapearing from the game thanks to the increased effectiveness of Nanoweave. And Sniping is really not all that useful in the big picture. ALL the classes can be godly killing machines in the right hands. If we were playing a team death-match arena type of game, this would be acceptable.
    I think what's really the core of the problem is that we're this far into the game's life span and we still have two classes that are undefined. (one more so than the other) And the Devs still don't know if they want to do anything with them or not. They could have left them out of the game, introduced them later, seeing what the needs of the game would be after a few changes.
  17. RockPlanetSide2

Meh,

99% of your time playing the game is shooting and fighting, and thats where the issue is - the other 1 percent of the time you are hacking crap and shooting darts. As I said, out side of the SMG or the Tier 1 Bolt actions, the rest of the guns are kind of "meh".

They all put the inflitrator in the worst position you can be in, you are in the medium range combat zone where everybody else in the game has the EXACT same power level as you do... you just have less health. Semi Auto snipes and the Scout Rifles (Nyx/Artemis and clones) put you in the same effective range as carbines, LMGs, Rifles, and Battle Rifles.

SOE made the range on all the other class guns just stupid long and it overlaps with too many of the Infiltrator's weapons, I can spray Infs with my TRAC 5 just as easily as they can semi-auto snipe me at the range that I would even care about a semi-auto sniper rifle damage wise.

Long Range Semi Auto sniping can be loosely argued around, but really if somebody has nanoweave you have to shoot them about 5-6 times... it's comical (yes you can 2-3 head shot that one guy that does not move... great).

The Artemis really is just a horrible version of a Medic's Weapon and the Nyx (and clones) is a slightly modified Warden that you don't get to use a shield with... awesome. Ye olden times before Nanoweave was pumped and rampant the Nyx was cool, but now it really just is a bad choice... flat out... bad choice (you might get lucky, but that does not make the weapon good).

People keep running around this issue, and it is the main issue. A fix to a cloak or being able to hack an enemy Harrasser is not going to fix the fundamental problems with he class's main fighting tools - the weapons... polishing a turd or lipstick on a pig sum up fixes like Stalker Cloak.
  18. ShadowAquilaX

You are not invisible to radar...you can counter being spotted with "Q"...which sometimes doesn't even work(the spotting with "Q" i mean). Awesomeness
  19. m44v

An infiltrator flanking with his cloak is going to be detected, no matter how good you're. I already said it, the cloak is garbage and your only choice if you want to be stealthy is not using it. And if you're not using the cloak then the class is as good as any other for infiltrating, we have recon darts but they also alert enemies of your presence so you can't leisurely use them either.

What those videos show is a base full of headless chicken and an infiltrator running around them, one guy with half a clue will know you're are there and find you. Using ejecting seats is something any class can use, therefore any class can infiltrate as good as the infiltrator.
  20. Astraka

I used to be "better than that". I used to sit here with you and some of the others here, telling every prospective Infiltrator that their class is garbage, complain constantly about everything, and generally help turn this place into the stinking cesspool of negativity that it has been for a long time. I'd watch videos like Ztiller's or Koolaid's and think, "Bah! Those enemies were brainless!" or "So you were lucky! Big deal!". It's embarrassing to think about, but I would literally look at proof of my ignorance straight in the face and come up with excuses as to why this person could do it but I couldn't.

No more. I made a vow a while ago to apply the techniques I'd seen in the hours of video available so I could stop being mad & start being happy. I quit making excuses for my failures & successes and started earnestly trying to figure out what I had done wrong or right in every scenario. I quit saying that things I saw were possible weren't, and instead decided to go out and do the 'impossible' myself. I got better - dramatically so - and am having more fun than I thought was possible while still contributing to my faction's successes.

I see you're still in the same position I was in, and I'm very reluctant to simply write you off as hopelessly lost as others might be quick to do. Especially considering that we are not so different. I have wants and desires for this class too that are very likely similar to yours. But there is no way I'm going back to sitting in the, 'this class sucks!' pile; especially when I have firsthand experience that a skilled Infiltrator can be an irreplaceable asset.

That all seems off-topic but I want you to understand why I feel the way I do. If a good player can do all the things an Infiltrator should then there is no reason anyone else cannot follow suit.

Any class can look worthless in the right light, if you notice I said that was my point in the very post you quoted. You thinking I am crazy by sarcastically diminishing the importance of the other classes is exactly how I feel when you do the same to the Infiltrator.

I have thought about it. You might not realize as a 'career' Infiltrator how annoying it is to be denied assets by hacking because it is trivial for you as an Infiltrator to reverse it. Play a Heavy or Medic struggling to replenish consumables or ammo at a Tech Plant or Amp Station only to find that you have to slog it all the way back to the spawn room to do so. Play an Engineer desperate to keep his base from being podded to death by using/repairing turrets that finds he cannot use them because they're no longer his or worse find they're being used by the very enemy he is trying to repel.

One of the strengths of hacking is how quick & effortless it is to deny enemy resources. It is true I could play as another class and eventually destroy every turret if there is no one repairing them. As an Infiltrator however it takes but a second to do the same thing and requires zero resources & negligible effort. Being able to actually use the turret is icing on the cake.

As far as it being situational I agree. Yet the situations come frequently for those who strive to make them. I'm a bit concerned that you've not found this to be the case. Perhaps you should rewatch Ztiller's videos on turret hacking and use some creativity. I myself often hide in a base that was just swarmed with a zerg of armor until they start to leave - at which point I hack an available turret and save the next base the trouble of dealing with them. I can guarantee you that the people I've stripped of ESFs and Tanks don't look at turret hacking as weak - overpowered more likely.

I didn't assert that they are needed nor did I suggest that capturing or defending an objective is somehow an Infiltrator-only trait, only that they are desirable to have when defending or attacking an objective. You can't argue this point unless you choose to completely ignore everything that I've said above. The fact that you think Infiltrator's inherently weaker firepower (though I would hesitate to call SMGs on the Infiltrator weak) has a meaningful impact on their ability to capture and hold objectives really has me questioning your ability. I myself capture & defend objectives all the time. Usually while soloing two or three enemies in the process.

I make no assumptions that the Infiltrator is alone in being able to overload generators or take capture points. But they are uniquely suited to getting through defended bases or besieged areas to these objectives, and bring considerable combat prowess to the table in defending it.

So you see the fallacy in my own sarcastic arguments against the usefulness of other classes abilities/tools yet are oblivious to the obvious flaws in your own? Surely you see the similarities between pulling & babysitting a Flash - something that requires resources, a vehicle terminal, the appropriate certs, and something that can be easily destroyed by every class - and some of the asinine reasons I listed in my own post.

I'm arguing these points because you're wrong, and your toxic attitude is a blight on having real legitimate discussion about the class and our abilities. I'm arguing these points because I have firsthand experience - not theory or conjecture - that what your saying is over exaggerating or more often patently false. I'm arguing these points because I want real discussion on how to use the Infiltrator class filling these forums, I want new & frustrated Infiltrators coming here and seeing encouragement and tips and not the echo chamber of failure that you're trying to keep around for some reason.

I won't deny the class needs a little work. I said as much earlier when responding positively to Dr's expectations. I'd love more objectives aside from killing, our bugs to be fixed, and our cloak to work the same across all settings. The difference however is while I too want these things in our update I'm not so blind as to blatantly ignore all the positive things we already have to work with and lament that the class is useless when it is not.