[Guide] How to not be a C4 victim as a tanker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Tasogie

you didn't fix anything, an enough with the silly passive aggressive ********, it makes you look stupid. Please dont talk to me again.

whats really sad is you wingnuts are ruining the game to the point your gonna be only ones playing an then u will be demanding an stomping your feet because you ****** it up.
  2. Ranik

Or a retuning of the essentially useless MBT directional armor to act like sunderer blockade armor.

Seriously, does anyone take directional over Mineguard / Stealth / Nano?
  3. lolitank

i don't lol i rarely die to LA i just sad to see my whole fing tank team falls to C4 not air or tanks fing little men with candy bars
    • Up x 1
  4. whaleboy

If the armor would require more than 2 bricks of C4 I would have to disagree with that being positive.
  5. Ranik

How would it not be positive?
  6. Fned

I think it'd be okay. The armor is visible and not omni-directional, so you could just stick the C4 where the armor isn't.
  7. Ranik

Actually that's the problem with directional. It's a clear downgrade from stealth / mineguard / Nano.

Hence why it should probably be rolled into one like blockade. Hell, I'm not sure I know of many tankers that take directional over Stealth / Nano.
  8. whaleboy

If an infantryman puts two C4 on a tank the player in the tank shouldn't be able to just shrug it off.

At the same time if an infantryman can destroy a tank instantly the equipment should not cost half as much as the tank being destroyed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ranik

It's basically the MBT equivalent of Blockade armor or Composite armor. No one said unscathed. Just not dieing to 2 stacks. if 2 stacks still do 80-90% damage then that's far from unscathed.
  10. Fned

That's the problem with the vehicle model in this game, there's no "optics kill" or "gun kill" or "engine kill" or "mobility kill"

It's "whole damn tank kill" or nothing.

So for infantrymen, either you have the capability of destroying the tank, or you have no anti-armor capability at all... there's no middle ground to balance on.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lord Robert

Nope.
  12. Ranik

No to the first line or no to the second line? :)
  13. Flashtirade

Actually, I take side on my AP/AP vannie. The front profile isn't thick enough, plus the tank only moves forward and backward, so keeping face forward isn't really an option (I don't usually charge enemy tanks unless I know I've won). Top is just silly.

Going back to the topic, I imagine that the cost of C4 will rise in the future. 200 resources to 1-shot any vehicle in the game except galaxies, sunderers, and flak harassers is just too much. Hell, even a non-FA MAX (a lot of people run kinetic) dies to a single brick, and now they cost 350.
  14. whaleboy

But how beefy would that make tanks outside of C4?

Right now I can kill a MBT with 1 brick of C4 shot by 1 rocket, and a rocket is a lot less of a hit than C4.

So for the armor to be buffed from C4 + rocket = ded to C4 + C4 = 10-20% remaining sounds like too big of a buff to armor.
  15. Lord Robert

No to the question.
    Mineguard / Stealth / Nano is 100X better than the 5-10% increase. The directional is not really noticeable
    Mineguard you notice when you hit a mine, stealth is noticeable when you get locked. Nano is not really that good though, unless you drive with a class other than engie, but if you do, you notice it when you fall back to repair.

EDIT this is off topic though
    • Up x 1
  16. malden

I have never asked for anything be nerfed guy.

But as the games move towards it real release date (ps4) you can expect 2 things to happen. SOE calls it "quality of life"

TTK is out of hand right now 1-shots, OHK, and .3sec kills the like will all be toned down for player survival.

Resources? Well things will be getting expensive all around.
  17. Ranik

Well the options are basically

A) Make C4 cost 150-200

B) Beef up MBT in some way.

And rather than giving them a flat armor buff. The blockade armor would mean giving up other defensive upgrades. Blockade / Composite is fine for sunderers / harassers.... But not for the even more expensive MBT? That's just a bizarre concept really.

Kind of my point. Why make a choice between 3 directional armors which are very "meh" when their is precedence of blockade / composite already?
    • Up x 1
  18. Lord Robert

So in order to follow the guide and remain mobile, (which is good advice if you want to avoid C4) what advice would you give the prowler? Just don't use anchor?

Doesn't anchor make the prowler much more susceptible to C4 as it violates your first rule? Doesn't being much more susceptible to C4 mean the prowler will die more often than a tank with a shield or a tank with a speed boost? Doesn't that mean, with tanks now costing so much more in resources, that all things being equal, we should see fewer prowlers than other factions MBT's?
  19. Lord Robert

If they make C4 cost more in the name of "balance" they will sell more resource boosts.

Of course they are going to raise the cost of C4.
  20. Ranik

Well..... you have a point. And it may help in the C4 vs Other vehicles / Max situation as well.