Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. holycaveman

LOL

Shad up or i will sick my max on your paper tiger!

You said they were not " counterable". When in fact they are.

So you tell me not to be childish after you call me a scrub? LMAO

Learn to play. And learn to spell.

Counterable is not a word...........illiterate.

8)
  2. phungus420

I said alot of things, and context is important.

You responded to none of them, and quipped "l2p nub", nothing more. Like i said hollow giberish. I also know I'm a solid player and I only see people lead with "l2p nub" responses when they are terrible themselves, it's just one of those things humans do when they know they are inferior - you try to act tuff. It's just standard human behavior, I don't blame you for it, but I will call you on it.

There is no counter to groups using A2Am. Corewin descirbed how it goes down, you either think it's a ground lock on and run and die, or if you correctly judge the threat of the A2A user you can close and kill one of them before the other two kill you with lock ons - no matter any action you take, you die.

This is not like infantry. I'm a solid FPS player, not great, but solid. If I engage 3 ground targets as infantry I can and do kill them all - not always, and it definintely depends on their skill, but if I am significantly better then them I can use cover, movement, and superior aim to kill them and live myself. This is not true with how A2Am work with ESFs, and that is wrong, and why I have said repeatedly AB tanks should get a second flare so we have at least 10 seconds to react to A2Am if we forgoe rocket pods and A2Am ourselves in order to be specialized intercepters.
  3. phungus420

No the problem is that A2Am is superior to AB tanks. Even in hover duals now A2Am are becoming more useful then AB tanks, especially since you can often force your opponent to bleed his AB tanks before you get into hovermode using the lock ons (the first action you are pretty much forced to take when you get locked on is to run - otherwise you will die if it's a G2A, even taking the time to look around will get you killed by a striker). At max distance only the top, top aces like babacua can out dps A2Am with the rotary, this has to do with the air meta where you analog throttle and use ascend/decend + ab to dodge, and really only applies to about the top 10% of current ESF users, but it's noteworthy, I've shot down more then a few good pilots I respect with A2Am in hover duals now because I could just dodge and keep them locked on - that's 40% damage to an ESF ever 5 seconds (plus any rotary hits you get while reloading) - often one is enough to set them on fire when the duel begins also.
  4. 2Slow2Calm

really now?

5. 2Slow2Calm

For ***** sake this is an internet forum not a thesis. We know what he means by counterable you pedant.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kevorkian

Doubt I would end up on your killboard, I play a very cowardly hit and run when I fly.
  7. Tasogie

I often dont agree with Purg, but for a change, he is bang on.
  8. Tasogie

lol donuts like him are best ignored mate, that sort of comment means nothing to those of us who cant spell for ****... so I dont give him much credit.
  9. SNAFUS

[IMG]

Seems any time you dare bring up an imbalance on a cheap weapon system all the peasants come out in droves to defend their toys.
    • Up x 4
  10. Spookydodger

I don't know how my experience with them is so different from others. I play on a 17 inch laptop screen, so granted it is going to be smaller than someone with a 30 inch + screen. However in most cases I can never try to lock unless the target is within about 100 meters (basically the point that I would start using guns) and I have to keep the pickle exactly on the target. At that range the pickle is about half the size of the plane and so isn't the easiest thing to keep on target. How does everyone seem to think it is so easy?
    [/quote]
  11. Spookydodger

One could also say that those that feel they have their farming fun threatened by a weapon system, they spout scurrilous lies about said weapon system,

However, that really doesn't help anyone.

So the next time you go out flying. post the kill/death leaderboard records. It would be interesting to see how often you die to A2A missiles versus the other sources of AA death out there. That would at least give us some hard data to go off of. And do try to actually win your fights. Trying to intentionally get shot down by A2A missiles not only would be uncouth, but would also make your KD suck! :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Cougarbrit

If I remember correctly, you can aim with them using freelook.

Also, you can aim with them by just sitting back on the sideline of a dogfight and pop them off from there.
    • Up x 2
  13. KaneSeere

That's why there are NPC corps, the help channel, the rookie channel, EVE Univeristy, it's why the null sec entities run newbie drives. Saying we're elitist seems more to me that you're a highsec pubbie that's been blown up during burn jita or hulkageddon.
  14. holycaveman

Did you actually think I was serious?

You boys need to lighten up! Geese!
  15. holycaveman

What was that? come on down off that high horse you sit upon so I can hear you.
  16. holycaveman

You have three classes of people here. Elitists, fan boys, and peasants. The elitists and fan boys are not needed. Peasants pay for the game.

In other words. You are an expendable character.
  17. Corewin

18. holycaveman

I never said "nub" I never said "lolspeak"

Seriously, you dont' have to spend your AB tanks. Nor do you have to die to lock ons.

Personally I think you are creating a phoney argument. I would love to see how many times you have died from A2A compared with the nose gun. I would wager my friend you have but a simple beef with A2Am and are trying like he$$ to make a case of it.

A2Am is not op. And is rarely used in groups. EVERYONE knows more pilots die from the nose gun from pilots who spend a bazillion hours flying and complaining about A2A. lol
  19. SNAFUS

If they really need my KB stats they are more then welcome to look for them selves. As I put them on my sig for that very reason so people can see if I have any right spouting things about air or not.
  20. holycaveman

I have posted my stats before. It takes a real loser though to post someone elses stats.

That is just low.

You may fly well, but you have no character.

Actually you may just see how I play by looking at my stats. If you look at anything besides the idiotic K/D ratio(which is what you looked at LOL) You would see I am pretty well rounded. And I speak exactly from my experience. Have most of my esf kills with the nose gun and not the super op A2Am.. But most of my time as infantry. I dont' play for k/d. IF I had to I would not even play. Thats boring as hell to me.

IF I see 5 reavers I will dive in. Because I know I will at least get one or two. And If I die without a kill I just kept a few reavers from pumeling ground forces.

You seriously judged my by my k/d? You have not a clue.