Zoe ridicuously nerfred, give me my certs back SOE!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lux, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

Seems to fit the overall intellectual level of this thread just fine. You set the bar pretty darn low in your first post.

ZOE was insanely overpowered before. Something needed to be done. It completely removed the one big drawback from the MAX, its movement speed. Not only did it move faster than any other MAX, it moved fast than any other infantry and it had more health and more fire power. I was surprised it took them so long to nerf it actually.
  2. Dingus148

Complete data on every player action, loadout and behavior. Filterable by whatever variable I need. It'd probably be a table in 20 odd dimensions, consisting of hundreds of columns and thousands of rows . Of course, using filters and graphs we could extract numbers that give a clearer picture reduced down to a couple of graphs with a few variables. Reduce data to, say...20 or so spreadsheets, with about the same amount of visual representations to aid our pattern finding.

I'm not saying the data you have is wrong. I'm saying its incomplete. Compared to the metrics Higby has access to, it's like you claiming you've seen all of China when you were shown a satellite photo from 2005. The numbers you're presenting simply aren't good enough when you're challenging the decision of the developers.
  3. Joram

Yes, Enforcer>Halberd>Saron>Vulcan for ttk against a vanguard or a sunderer i cant remember, some guy post a video with the exact numbers yesterday.
  4. Dingus148

ScatMAXs were OP, and got nerfed. Prowlers were OP and got nerfed. You're proving my point. I don't understand why you're trying to disagree. And as for Fractures? I'm a TR player. I KNOW they're going to be nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tasogie

hehe its pretty harmless, you have the older generation 30-40+ an you have the teen to 20s generation both dont mix
  6. Sebastien

That doesn't justify not re-balancing ZOE.
    ScatMAX is only OP against Infantry (Which is debatable as the TTK with TR/VS weapons is only 0.25 seconds longer). Against other MAXs, it's pretty bad.
    Striker is needs a redesign, and so do the turrets. I wouldn't say the Fracture can be used for sniping because it's harder to lead at long distances, I would say the Vortex is.

The extra damage intake modifier wasn't enough to justify it's maneuverability. Think of it like the ESF at release, it's kind of weak, but makes up for it by being the quickest thing in the game, while packing the most fire power.
    Nobody liked it. At least SOE is balancing it by going for the source of the problem, rather than adding a modifier to weapons so they do more MAX damage.
  7. Rec0n412

Now if only I gave a damn.
  8. G3arfried

scatmaxes were op? They still are lol they instagib any unlucky basterd that turns the corner and sees a blue and gold smurf that hits the mouse buttons and moves to next person.
  9. DropingBongos

I believe that the "Average States Per Hour" tab is just a division of the "Overall" not a current metric. Even So as have stated they have a lot more info and they do balancing for a living.
  10. Curse_Gamerkin

You can get your old ZOE back, if TR gets their Prowler back, and NC gets their old scatmax back. ZOE was too good it was a scatmax on wheels, Run in, clear the room, run out rather than a scatmax suiciding into a room to clear it. You got all the bonuses of lockdown while getting a speed boost, a max in one position is a dead max, Lockdown is hardley ever used now when everyone carries a rocket and tanks can snipe from across the map.
  11. DropingBongos

True but if you back up 5 feet you can do a little dance and plink them in the face with your sidearm till they fall over.
  12. G3arfried

zoe needed a nerf but they totaly ignored the other OP stuff that has been in the game for so long. ZOE was a recent release but things like striker still get away with things.

Fracts can 2-3 shot infantry i think where vortex is like 4-5 or charged but why bother chargin when theres a guy shooting the **** out of you.

They should have just removed the speed boost of zoe imo
  13. Dvine

Errm

Using your argument please go and show me how ZOE is OP as you have no "Complete data on every player action, loadout and behavior. Filterable by whatever variable I need. It'd probably be a table in 20 odd dimensions, consisting of hundreds of columns and thousands of rows . Of course, using filters and graphs we could extract numbers that give a clearer picture reduced down to a couple of graphs with a few variables. Reduce data to, say...20 or so spreadsheets, with about the same amount of visual representations to aid our pattern finding."

The numbers are simple and very easy to understand, Max ZOE damage boosted AI and AV weapons are outclassed on every possible way by NC and TR AI and AV weapons, in some cases there are multiple NC weapons are in front of the (I cant stress enough) ZOE BOOSTED!!! VS weapon damage (imagine without the ZOE boost).

Now if you would stop dodging the question and would stop ignoring the elephant in the room (7th and 6th place for VS AI/AVweapons) and by some miracle you would drop your bias and childish forum warrior antics, not to mention hiding behind Highbys skirt. You would understand that you and the rest of the nerfmongers are refusing to use the million ways to adapt and kill the ZOE maxes, instead you run to forums and cry enough so the developers do the handholding and nerf it for you.
  14. Sebastien

People were mad that ZOE had a damage boost, they thought it didn't fit the Vanu Lore of being more agile.
    I would rather have Jumpjets on the VS MAX, it would be on par with the NC ability.
  15. IronWarrior

Look, Higby was right. VS will only use OP things.
  16. Quigby

Cry Me A ******* River....

This game is moderated by complex algorithms ,smart people who look at statistics for a living and a vast ocean of game data sourced from multiple servers with their own micro trends.
    It was nerfed for a reason, that being said, if its too much, they will revert slightly.

As for your certs, they are history... Until re-cert tool comes....
  17. Rodinvac

Good thing I only bought a couple of levels for the extra mobility.
    Time to get back to the old faithful Max Charge.
  18. Vixxing

So why isnt Fractures nerfed instead? Since it got 3*Vortex kills and 2*Raven kills? (Data!)
  19. DasHenne

Yes, smart statistics loving people who have claimed that all members of a single faction are always only playing the clearly OP stuff while at the same time horribly misinterpreting data. ;)

Also the new nerf is by far too strong for not warranting a certification refund. Or so I hope at least.
  20. MykeMichail

You had something OP and it got overly nerfed?

Reminds me of the time they nerfed NC MAX's, except they nerfed them across the board, not just a MAX ability which is optional.