[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Van Dax

Rejoice unenlightened fools! rejoice!
  2. Felixbz

Still no SOE response?
  3. Ketadine

Someone from SOE will read the forum, but that's no guarantee that they will respond or even make the changes ... soon.
  4. mina5

eskimo i think your thread was huge victory , we get remodeling to our guns and also TR gets grey camo

keep up good work :)
    • Up x 3
  5. EliteEskimo

Yes except now the shells come out of the camera, not the Prowler's Turret, so you can literally hide the turret in a dang tree and the shells will still hit your target.

Lol, this all could've easily been avoided...:rolleyes:

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. Blarg20011

Agreed, this is such an artificial solution, centered barrels would have been more attractive and more realistic.

EDIT: Why was my font size set to two?
    • Up x 3
  7. EliteEskimo

I think they feel they've commented on all my past threads so they don't want to on this one so they don't look like they are showing favoritism. Although honestly all my threads are extremely well put together and well maintained so it's not like they couldn't just use that as an excuse to keep commenting on them. :p

They might comment on the thread if someone pm's them on these forums, reddit,or tweets them to take a look politely, not spam them mind you just a single message per player, and then they might just comment. They obviously read part one because now they are giving TR Alpha looking armor/camo and are making better weapon models for the TR. However there is a lot more they could learn from reading part 2 so I'm hoping they will comment on here letting me know they saw it. In particular I'm hoping for Higby, because my threads are normally kept free of trolls so he should feel very comfortable commenting in it.:cool:
  8. EliteEskimo

Thanks Mina, hopefully we can keep this thread popular for GU11 so the other changes reccommended can be made as well. One step at a time is better than no step at all:cool:
  9. -Synapse-

Wait, did they actually change the default armor color (like they did for he Vanu) or did they just release a camo that you have to pay for? And they didn't actually remodel our guns, they slapped together bits of old guns an called it good. They didn't even change the animations to fit them.
    Yeah, SOE seem to be very fond of artificial fixes and limits.
  10. Heero

Shame such a great thread is going uncommented on by any notable dev... You'd think that if they got 1100+ tweets on this topic(total replies in parts 1+2) that we would have had pretty substantial reply by now...
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

By the way Ned, what did you think of my ideas for the Vulcan? Don't you think it would be more cool if they behaved just like how they do in the videos I posted in the beginning of the thread.:)
  12. EliteEskimo

Pretty sure it will be something we have to pay for, but I'd rather have the option to buy it than rather not have it at all as an option ya know?
  13. EliteEskimo

Pretty sure that if every person who read and liked Part 1 and 2 of these threads tweeted Hibgy at least once about how cool they are, that's over 300 people, that he would've seen and commented on this thread by now. I just posted this thread in the Planetside Universe forums too, all I know is I definitely could use some help getting his attention and some sort of reassurance by Higby that he has read both the entire part 1 and 2 of the Refurbishment threads. (not the feedback, but the my first two posts within each one);)
  14. Van Dax

Well they lowered the camera on the magrider to compensate for our change, feels really weird.
  15. Zorro

Making the game more unrealistic is not the solution for bad design. It is the lazy way out instead of refining the models.
    • Up x 3
  16. Zorro

In Crysis 3, there is a weapon that functions like a mini-gun in rifle form, with a whopping 720 round magazine and an insane rate of fire.
    [IMG]The TR should get a similar weapon, but give it a 1000 round magazine and a stupendous (is 40,000 RPM unreasonable?) rate of fire. For balance, let each bullet (of tiny caliber) inflict only about 20 damage, and the weapon would have a large cone of fire even when aiming down sights, with a significant sustained recoil. This would restrain such a weapon to close quarters.
    • Up x 2
  17. EliteEskimo

This is an epic idea Zorro, lol I need to make a Zorro meme. "Plays Vanu, comes up with awesome ideas for TR anyway":D
  18. CaptainRobust

That was a fantastic read, and I totally agree. Hopefully we'll get threads of similar quality and full of similarly good ideas for the VS and NC.
    • Up x 1
  19. SturmovikDrakon

I can assure you they've most likely seen the thread and are simply lurking and reading. A response would be great though
    • Up x 3
  20. EliteEskimo

Thanks! I to hope some NC/VS Player decides to make their own type of ultimate refurbishment thread, as it would be really cool to see. In the mean time, lets hope the developers take this thread to heart, take the ideas presented by the community, and then comment in this thread to let us know they read it. Have any of the developers read part 2 yet? I know Luperza has, but I want to know if maybe Higby, T-Ray, or J-Good has read this.
    • Up x 1