ZOE is balanced, TR/NC finally scared of VS MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 26, 2013.

1. SikVvVidiT

Lock down is horrible... freaking 20 second animation almost... **** is a pain in the hell to use.

They were told this in the test server and didn't listen, which is the main reason why I don't even participate on the damn thing.. They won't listen anyways so why even go!

I swear these devs never played a lick of PS1 and seem like they don't play ALL THREE Factions of this one either.
  2. Xasapis

Personally I stopped activating zoe with bursters. The bursters do enough damage without it and the tracers are only there to block view and prevent me from properly calculating the ESF trajectory.

Also, while partially attributed to the overpopulation of TR on my server, I've been killed plenty of times by fractures, but not a single one by ravens. Personally I consider fractures better AI weapon (or with better AI capability if you like, though its main purpose is not that) than the comet, which is the only VS max AV weapon with some versatility against infantry.
  3. WolfA4

I got a direct hit with the AP turret of my Vanguard on a ZOE MAX, he just ran off before I could even attempt a second shot. If a direct hit with an AP turret isn't enough to kill a MAX using ZOE, what chance do infantry have?
  4. Xasapis

AP canon shells do actually less damage than HEAT on maxes, because the combined damage of direct and indirect is less. Hitting a NC max with AP will take a bit less than half its health. How much of that zoe's health did you take out?
  5. The Loverator

1337 Comment = " Wuääääh Wuäääääh i don't want Vanu-M.A.X.es to pose a STRONG Enemy in any Situation!!! :' ( "

"Other" Comment = Jeeaaah Jeeeaaah, i know. "YOU" Sir want a Vanu MAX which is a complete Cripple - so you can take it down with a Rocketlauncher while you're to drunk to fly a Light-Air Vehicle, right?

Keep crying. The "Saron Railgun" was nerfed in the Past due to endless whining - similar like the "Paladin" in WoW Classic.

It was a "PROPER" Anti-Vehicle Weapon, USELESS against Air Vehicles - and "situational" against Infantry.
    Then it was nerfed to a unfunny Joke - and later buffed, so it was mostly proper again to how it was.

The same is with the Zealot Overdrive now.

- Nobody cares and gives a wet Sh** HOW OVERPOWERED T.R. Maxes are with Lockdown, standing somewhere with five
    Campers with Double-Bursters and laying waste on about THIRTY AIR FLIGHT VEHICLES of the V.S. or N.C. - somewhere in the
    Field or on a Hill where they have a nice Shooting Position.

- The Aegis Shield of the N.C. Max "could" be bigger Up Front, to be fair! But it has LOTS of Health already, as i heard.
    Honestly: I thought at first that this Shield was INDESTRUCTABLE!!! Jeah, now laugh at me. This Shield is awesome!

- The Zealot Overdrive Vanu Ability "makes" you visible and glow like a big Sign in the Dark,
    so other said it's a nice " HERE I AM, SHOOT ME!!! "-Sign! Especially in the Night, should you use it.

- It makes the Vanu MAX "INCREDIBLE instable" and easy to kill!

- Some People claim or say, the "Speed" was nerfed a bit already!!

All unimportant, right... ... ...?

You won't stop crying and ******** until it is nerfed so hard that there is about no more Point to equip it, right?

Until the Advantages are nerfed to a Minimum and the Disadvantages are buffed to a "MAX"imum! ; )

- There are already PLENTY of N.C. and T.R. Players who shot randomly "and" "FREAKINGLY" dangerous
    around with Rockets, sometimes "One-Shotting" or nearly killing a Zealot Overdrive using Vanu MAX, before these
    One has even shot down One or Two Enemy's, with "Double Nebula" and Zealot Overdrive on the maximum Rank.

Unbalanced? Jeeeeeeaaaaaah, the Vanu... ... ... aren't "allowed" to have something powerful, are they?
    • Up x 1
  6. WolfA4

AP shells also have an indirect damage component, the splash damage of an AP shell is tiny but still exists. That being said, I've also hit a ZOE equipped MAX with my HEAT cannon and killed them. So my question still stands, if a ZOE equipped MAX can withstand tank shells and run away, what chance do infantry have?
  7. The Loverator

It's not.

But it's true. "Forumside 2" will cry and bi*** and whine until it is nerfed to a unfunny Joke.

Like with the old Saron Railgun in the Past.

WOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE there is someone who can use something EFFICIENTLY, on the Vanu Side!!!!

Woe!! It will be nerfed!! It will be nerfed so hard until it is nothing more than a Piece of Cr** compared with anything else!
  8. Lampenfieber

They must change something to balance this, VS MAX now is too much op
  9. Fernator

I am NC and I love ZOE. Makes the VS think they are up to par when in hugging distance. They do seem to forget that they are taking EXTRA damage themself. ZOE max vs Hackmax in close range = Hackmax everytime unless he is a noob -,-'.
  10. Lafladitu

TR managed to capture a ZOE MAX the other day, and began questioning him while being protected by a shield.
    it was lunch time when this happend

it all shocked both the TR commanders

joke a side hehe, saw this by chance and tought it fitted in with the ZOE in some peoples eyes.specialy from the PTS time * the 1 frame hit the glass part*

ZOE i think is rather balansed in a way but I don't like the damage increase though
  11. Xae

Slow Missile Velocity?

El Oh El.

It is 200m/s before lockdown. 300 With Maxed Lockdown.

That is Saron speed.
  12. TehGrimZa

There is no arguing with reason with C0L0NELH0GAN, he's bias thoughts on ZOE are its balanced, its pay back for all the OP stuff NC have, and ZOE isn't OP. Any thoughts around this very thought and he's just going to argue until all of us are blue in the face, or a MOD locks the forum due to being already derailed from the subject. C0L0NELH0GAN is right, ZOE is totally balanced, and the NC/TR need to stop the QQ because its nice to see the VS have something that 1 ups the entire game. Any posts against C0L0NELH0GAN's idea is just wrong.
  13. DarkWeeble

The problem with ZOE is that it's not really a sidegrade, is it? Does anyone actually still use Charge? Do you use it 50% of the time? ZOE doesn't necessarily have to be balanced against Lockdown and Aegis; it needs to be balanced against Charge. It's supposed to be a viable option and not a clear choice. There's a lot of this in PS2 and it comes from comparing things cross-faction instead of against their alternatives. It's leading to homogenization and it kind of sucks. I think it would be cool if VS, NC, and TR were all good at different things instead of all good at the same things in slightly different ways.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dragonblood

yeah, plz use lockdown and commit suicide with it at CQC....Discussion over, you have clearly no idea.
  15. Andrea SKye

It is about time Vs maxes had something good. We were a joke before, but now we are useful. We are so easily focused and take extra damage with ZOE on so what is the problem?

Scattermaxes have always ***** at close range, no other max can stand up to them (unless you got like dual fractures/comets and dont miss, ever). IF they get killed at medium/long range to a ZOe max, so what? Is it meant to be that way. The roit sheild is great too, if you use it properly. Stop just scattering **** from miles away and expecting it to die. Use your shield to get in close, then blow crap away.

TR maxes, while not as good as Scattermaxes, they are still on par with ZOE. The damage increase is about the same for ZOE and the TR max ability, the only difference is you cant move while we take extra damage. Whats wrong with that? you dont take extra damage, learn to use your guns properly, fracture is awesome against tanks and infantry if you are good. Utilise your tools.

TR max = long range tank/air killer.
    VS = Medium range dominance.
    NC = close range infantry dominance.

If you are guna nerf one max, nerf tham all, maxes do everything good right now.
  16. TeknoBug

I have ZOE on my AV loadout but not on the Burster or AI loadouts, charge is way too valuable so I can escape or dodge. ZOE with dual Comet is a pretty good combination.
  17. Dragonblood

TR-Max takes extra damage....it's called headshots.
  18. moooosa

You completely neglected headshots (which tend to happen on their own with the weapons' spread). It's entirely possible to kill an infantry in around a third of a second.
  19. ComradeHavoc

Correction

TR max = Medium range red target, melts Air but only when ROOTS Feet are planted to ground

" Ahh damn they are behind me, just give me 10 seconds to uproot myself and turn around..."

VS = Everything, replaces HA, strafes A/D faster than normal infantry beats NC max in CQC, better version of lockdown.

" pew pew pew pew, can't hit meeeee, pew pew pew pew pew"

NC = Glowy targets and shotguns

"Just give me 10 seconds to reload....."

"Why does my shield have a target symbol on it?"
  20. Rhapsody

So-long as it has 0 cool down, and can be instantly flipped on and off like a light-switch. it will NOT be balanced.

A cooldown, or activation/de-activation delay. One or the other, or both, needs to be added. THEN i'll accept that its balanced.