HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lockdown Burstermax

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaarl, May 22, 2013.

1. Stanis

Can you use burster maxes in a Biolab ?
    If not, good luck taking them from the NC.

I think we can expect many things to get tweaked over the coming week.
  2. Naehloseht

You're forgetting the part where Strikers are making playing Aircraft completely impossible, bug or not. Look for the forums, there are tons of Striker topics about the "supposed bug" where missiles will go through mountains with no problems.

Right now, TR is regarded as the AA faction whether they want to be or not. If you see a TR, hit the eject buttons, because TR zones are ALWAYS no-fly zones now. Unless your in a Mossie of course.
    • Up x 1
  3. holycaveman

Yea, but stay in your tanks one shotting infantry all day.
    Roll eyes

There is no shredding of infantry with an esf, that is a bold faced lie. Pods take 2 direct hits to kill an infantry. Being very in accurate this translates to a full clip for one infantry many times. Its absolutely pathetic.

SOE has eliminated the role of esf's. They don't take out tanks in battles anymore. The main guns are just slightly more powerful than base infantry guns. Flak is everywhere, and now will be even more so.

This is NOT just a tank and infantry game. This is not what I signed up for.

Its pretty freaking sad when a HA has more hit than an esf Pretty freaking sad!

So if you want to be a pilot you be a pilot for NO reason. They do NOT make a difference in battles anymore. So its just a side show.

This game is for max's, tanks, infantry. SOE has completely ruined air. Well the galaxy is still pretty handy for transport I guess.
  4. Taki

I too am sick of pilots whining that they have to work a tiny bit more to keep up their stupidly high K/D ratings. However, though I have yet to try it myself, I'd have to agree that none of the special max abilities for each faction should apply to AA. Actually, scratch that - they should apply against Libs and Gals, just not ESF's.
  5. Bearcat

I don't remember the exact TTK for a locked-down MAX vs a Reaver, but I remember it being pretty short in PS1. I also remember pilots flying behind locked-down MAXes for easy kills.

On number 3 - Yeah, I agree! :confused: But that's a discussion for another thread.
  6. Ash87

(Thank you for a well thought out response)

I have to disagree. The test server is often updated quietly, and any decrease in the number of patches, is only because of the traffic to the server. There used to be nearly daily updates that were silent, and would patch things without telling people, so that they could observe the reactions without people having their opinions tainted by patch notes (As I recall being said at one point by Higby in regards to optimization: "33% of people would say they had a negative effect, 33% of people would say they had a positive effect, 33% of people would say they had no effect, regardless of what our data showed, and what we actually did. Sometimes we wouldn't do a thing and people would report seeing changes, though we knew there was nothing we did that would have effected optimization").

When it comes to the ZOE and Lockdown, Lockdown you can just move away from. If someone is in a door... don't walk through it. I mean it's a pretty sizable, predictable, and easily counterable thing. The NC were given a great weapon for dealing with the Lockdown max too, as was observed on multiple Test Server stress tests. Zoe, the only thing that should send up flags is if it still has the ability to ADAD rapidly and confuse the hit box. If that is fixed it's good.

When it comes to TTK I just don't see a significant difference between PS1 and PS2 for infantry. Infantry will and should always die quickly, and one's attachment to their body should be fleeting. They are the filler zombies in Left 4 Dead, while the Max unit is a tank. But carrying that analogy, there is a way to get around special units, and when you run up against one, you should keep that in mind.
  7. Beartornado

Lockdown bursters can't aim behind them.

I kill bursters usually by attacking from behind and flying away, lockdown saves me the trouble of them turning around to shoot back at me.

And I've never died to a striker. Ever. I don't understand where the complaints are coming from when its painfully easy to avoid situations where either weapon could kill you.
    • Up x 3
  8. Taki

Utter rubbish (apart from the bug, lol). I hardly see any aircraft shot down by a striker, unless multiple other AA is also involved - nothing wrong with that.
  9. GSZenith

they are amazing now
    I'M GOD WITH THESE THINGS, MUST USE UNTIL NOT A SINGLE FLYBOY FLIES EVERY AGAIN!
    (or well until nerfed)
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

It's not just AA where this is going to be an issue though (although there too), but it is a massive AA buff never the less.

That exact same argument was made with pre-nerf ScatMAXs, SOE didn't accept it, I can't see how the same situation is going to end up any differently now.

In PS1 as infantry with longer TTK you had more chance to impliment anti-chokepoint tactics. Much like with the ScatMAX (again) the very short TTK in PS2 means you've got to pull those tactics off very well to break a chokepoint, and a supported organised chokepoint may well be unbreakable by a disorganised zerg (again the very things that got the ScatMAX nerfed).
  11. NoctD

Actually its 4 shots fewer per arm with ZOE 5, you're just not stopping quick enough when you're testing it out.
  12. axiom537

The problem as I see it is two fold. The TR have a much greater AA capabilities then both of the other empire especially the NC, they have both the striker & now a super charged burster max. This makes them a much greater threat to enemy Air-Craft, but more importantly this is going to give them the ability to keep the skies clear of enemy Air-craft, while their aircraft will be able to operate nearly unopposed.

While I am not advocating nerfing anything. I am advocating that both the VS and especially the NC need their AA capabilities increased to match those of the TR, this imbalance is not only going to effect VS & NC Aircraft it is going to have an impact on ground troops as well, since TR Aircraft do not face anywhere near the same threat level of Anti-Air from the other empires and seeing as their ground based AA is so superior, they will also need to spend less time looking out for enemy aircraft, but be able to focus more on ground targets.

AA Capabilities / Empire

HA - (Striker > Lancer > Phoenix)
    Bursters (TR Lock-Down > VS ZOE >> NC Shield)
    • Up x 1
  13. Tamas

Let's make one faction significantly better at something than others.

What did TR cry 3 months ago? About NC MAX being good at close range. Back then it was OP, but when your faction suddenly gets similar stuff it's "balanced".
  14. Ash87

Oh brother, now that we're leaving exasperated phrases: MY WORD, GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!

Get over yourself.

The striker... that is your best trump card? The striker that fires about 3/5 shots? The striker that is easily counterable by flares that everyone uses now? You have no knowledge at all when it comes to TR, so stop trying to sound like you have some kind of objective opinion on these matters. The only way the striker is useful, is in Mass, while can also be said for Lashers, Lancers, Phoenixes, Sparrows, bursters, Hacksaws, carbines, and knives.

The ROF is great, but again as has been said a million times, your rooted into the floor. Does complete immobility mean that you are suddenly immune to fire, C4, or people walking up behind you and knifing you? If you have Burster maxes somewhere, don't fly there, send in Infantry to clear them out.

I know such kind of thought is difficult... Demanding people actually consider the environment they are running into, it's outside the box thinking, complex stuff... only the most organized of outfits would think this something beyond the fevered dreams of a madman.

Everything, everywhere, there should only be one option for overcoming obstacles, by running in face first and seeing what happens. It's not like you can see these things from a way off... or know from other people in your squad that flying probably isn't a great idea...
  15. Naehloseht

The entire community would like to have a word with you then, as there are multiple striker threads. Go have a look for yourself, there are 2 in the Vehicle's Forums, and one on the first page of the General Gameplay forum.

Tip O' the day ~ Don't shoot the messenger. I barely have 15 hours in my aircraft combined across 3 factions, so I cant input much for those discussions.
  16. Ash87

So I still get killed by NC maxes at close range in one salvo, with no time to react.

... Or is that not relevant?
  17. S1eB

You have no idea how easy it is for a MAX to take out an ESF, if there is more than one you are pretty much screwed.
    MAXs also got a huge buff to their flac armour which makes near impossible to take one out before they take you out, add that on top of this and you may as well not bother even stepping foot in an ESF.

That's not including turrets, MBTs, lockons and small arms hitting you as well.
  18. holycaveman

I usually face bursters in front of a spawn door with their back to it.

What game are you playing? LOL
  19. Gary

ESF is still and will always be the god mode vehicle to an experienced pilot. To an amateur or beginner it is a swift death
  20. Bearcat

Based on my experience in PS1, lock-down is far more dangerous in AI and AV roles.

I agree that on paper this looks like a big TR buff, but I highly doubt it will translate to being that good in actual gameplay. Don't forget, many TR hated the lockdown in PS1 because a buff to offense isn't very useful when you're dead due to sitting still.