[Guide] Worst weapons for each faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jur270, May 15, 2013.

1. Wildclaw

• Lynx: Highest scoring carbine in the latest CupBoy spreadsheet update.
    • Prowler HE: Has a solid score, less than AP but not insanely so. Mainly situational, but not bad. Especially after the GU08 patch that indirectly put HEAT weapons back in line by buffing AP.
    • Chaingun: Scores higher than every single TR LMG. Now, it requires that you approach battles with a different mindset (same as Resist Shield), but when you do it is an extremely solid weapon.
    • Carv: While average score/hour is fairly useless when looking on default guns (due to a higher number of low BRs using those weapons), the spreadsheet has some values sorted by BR from before GU08 (april) where the CARV performed pretty much evenly with the Orion and SAW across all BRs. It is simply a solid close range weapon with a large magazine.
    Now, the burst weapons, those I can agree with. They are simply bad.

EM1, the second highest scoring NC LMG.
  2. Zan_Aus

The bolt-style action loads a new focusing crystal into the generator chamber for each shot instead of a bullet. There you go ... /suspensionofbelief
    • Up x 1
  3. Tamonize

Jackhammer. Suppose to be the most badass infantry shotgun of NC that only HAs can use but it's like an erectile dysfunction vs all the shotgun in the game. (not sure though if they buffed it enough to be scary)
    • Up x 2
  4. COMMANDER K33N

The NC Warden Battle Rifle. I got that after the buff, biggest waste of certs ever. The bullet velocity is so ridiculously low, even with HVA, that i end up running out of space on the screen to lead targets at ranges where a Gauss SAW would have no issues.

I shall call it The Assist Machine.
  5. GhostAvatar

Apparently you don't know anything. Since you sit there saying that the EM1 sucks and that the Carv is awesome. Yet the EM1 either has the same or better stats than the Carv in everything except first shot recoil and RoF.
  6. Sebyos

Well Lancer will most likely make you lose all duels...

I just saw two people name the Solstice as a VS AR... Every VS AR is great except the Equinox Burst.
  7. Metallic123

Don't forget the advanced attachments on the GSaw. Compensator,HVA, ADV FG... Honestly keep the Carv and Orion as is, just take away the extra goodies from the gauss saw and it won't be nearly as beastly as it is now.
    • Up x 1
  8. Conflictt

As far as TR goes there are a few that instantly come to mind

Trac-5 Burst
    Pounder: Fracture does everything better
    Tx2- Emperor: Might as well be a VS pistol. Weak as hell
    Carv - S : While not terrible, there's no point in using it. All other LMGs are better than the Carv S. Only advantage is a possible 200 round magazine. Even then you sacrifice a LOT for that extra 100

I don't know why people in here are saying the default Carv is bad. I've been using it extensively in close quarters and mid range. It's a very competent weapon in CQC. It's workable in longer ranges as well, but the TMG and other LMGs are much better for long range fights.
  9. Farlion

Score Per Hour is useless in general. It's a stat that can be influenced by so many outside factors that it's not reliable.

Your whole argument is about SPH which has virtually nothing to to do with actual gameplay. According to SPH, the NS carbine is a better one than the Jaguar or Razor GD23, which is obviously nonsense.

As for your points, taking SPH away.
    The Lynx has been absolutely butchered with the last update.
    Prowler HE is a waste of certs or SC, because it's barely better than HEAT and completely useless against tanks.
    Chaingun is worthless. Try it for 30 mins, you'll see what I mean.
    You're not actually saying the CARV is in any way equal to the Gauss SAW, are you?

Nope. Only if the balance between TR weapons and their counterparts is outrageously big (CARV vs. SAW) or just useless to purchase (Claymore, Prowler HE)

Out of 100 hours of gameplay, I could post a 5 minute long video in which I kill bads with the TRAC-5 Burst. That doesn't mean the weapon is in fine. Especially in cases like the CARV, where the other faction's counterparts are just so much better.

There's been plenty of threads and posts about why the CARV is a horrible gun when compared to the Orion and SAW. That's why most TR HA's that aren't new are using the TMG-50
  10. Get2dachoppa

Disagree about the XM98. It fulfills the role of a low cost, starter BAR to quickly replace the crappy Spectre that VS Infiltrators start with. If any of those BARs are a third weapon to milk people of their money, its the V10 as the Parallax is superior to it for the exact same cost. I think most players would either get the XM98 for only 100 certs and later upgrade to the Parallax or just go straight for the Parallax, leaving the V10 to collect dust.
    • Up x 1
  11. lilleAllan

Uh 100 less RPM is kind of important in CQC. The EM1 has a straight up pathetic DPS for a CQC weapon, meaning pretty much anyone will outdamage you.
  12. Teegeeack

Yes, I don't understand why someone would use the V10 over the Parallax?
  13. Blitzkrieg

Good try, i'll give you a 1/10 for your effort.
  14. Griffstar

The Jackhammer is still terrible. It has no point compared to the other shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  15. Decreped

Not sure if idiot, or just no skill. Recently got the Trac 5 Burst and its one of the fastest araxi medals I'm working on. The Carv is a beast of a weapon, Have you even tried changing you playstyle? And as for the prowler HE does exactly what its supposed to do kill infantry in a large area.
  16. llPendragon

Jackhammer - Outclassed by all other shotguns at close range, and LMGs at medium or greater range.

EM1 - Nothing in the game lets you piss off more enemies, faster, while not actually killing any of them.
  17. Luighseach

I used the Carv and with 2 attachments it is way better than my fully certed Gauss saw or GD-22s
  18. Luighseach

You have never used the Saw then. That longer interval to recover is Bull doesn't matter. Because of the recoil you have to burst the saw and because of the ROF you can't kill anything that is moving.

If you removed those from the Gauss Saw it would be useless. Even with all those attachments the gun's recoil is still tough to compsenate for on a moving target. Also if you get in a CQC fight with those attachments on you are going to die. Well if you get in a CQC fight using the Gauss Saw you have to be good or lucky to win.
  19. Athessu

You know weapons that have only vertical recoil listed also have horizontal sway? It just randomly stutters in both directions in a roughly even manner instead of pulling overall in one direction.
  20. Farlion

Prowler HE is useless though. Why waste 1k certs or 700 SC on an only marginal improvement of the HEAT?

You have 300 kills with the TRAC 5 Burst. That's still a long way off Auraxium.

As for the CARV, I never argued it was a crap weapon on itself. It is however, a piece of crap when compared to the Gauss.

Yeah, your K/D Ratio tells me as much.
    • Up x 1