Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. LordMondando

The changes your noticing are to tank armour, not the fury.
  2. Fenrisk

Tank armour on infantry and maxes?
  3. LordMondando

Fair enough. I'll have to test it again, my automatic assumption was it was based on vehicles, thats mostly what I use it for.

It could also however be a bug, which is the nature of the test server (indeed the VR room especially). There is after all no particularly big demand or need for it to be changed.
  4. Highway_Star

Dual Mercies still kick ***, I actually use them more now than I did before the surposed 'nerf' you speak of. By far the best all-round max anti infantry weapons. Minces people at all ranges with equal efficiency.

Changes to the fury make me sad though. My flash won't be the same without ol'furious.
  5. Phrygen

man......
  6. Sweet Jackal

They claim that the sales are picked out far in advance of any known changes. But the shotguns were on sale before the shotgun nerf, the Mercies on sale before their tweak, and now the fury?

Those are the ones I can name off of the top of my head, I've witnessed this happening with more than what I can name.

It's showing a trend that points to their claim to being unlikely to the point of it just being damage control.
    • Up x 5
  7. OddChelsea

I'm not the slightest bit upset that they are nerfing the fury. I am however extremely upset that they are doing such shady business practices as this, putting up items for sale without telling anyone that they are about to nerf it.
  8. thannhauser1

F***!
    So SOE is basically nerfing anything that no one compliant about...
    I miss my vanguard main cannon ,piston,and etc....
    I believe I will miss my gauss saw very soon...
  9. Arquin

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

The sales are randomized to follow certain pre-coded algorithms. Member's sale >usually< has "the better stuff", but it's still random.

Stop the QQ, the Fury is and will be fine. The nerf to infantry is fairly minor (It will still kill clustered groups without effort) and the only damage vs armor is to MBTs that had their armor buffed, as it should be.

You can still go around and hunt lightnings, other flashes, harassers etc.
  10. EvilPhd

They already nerfed it once before. Who the heck is crying for it to be nerfed further? Why does it need to be nerfed?
    Shame if this is true.

:eek: STOP BREAKING THE GAME. :eek:

Stop messing with game mechanics. Enough. Stop it. Just drop everything, go on vacation and let the guys trying to fix Forgelight get some time in the sack.

If this is about cloaking flashes being op, then maybe you shouldn't have allowed for cloaking flashes in the first place. Stop punishing the rest of the classes for your screw up on one.
  11. PaperPlanes

For the VS, the Blueshift went on sale before it got a massive buff :D

Actually regret not buying it back then, since the Blueshift is actually probably the best all around VS AI option right now for the MAX.
  12. Arquin

Same here
  13. bNy_

I'm 95% sure that SOE has hired some consultant from EA to maximize their profit from micro transactions.
    • Up x 4
  14. Eclipson

The fury does not need a nerf, they just needed to not allow us to use it in conjunction with wraith cloaking. The fury was the only good weapon for the flash. Its there fault the fury became overpowered in the first place, now we are getting penalized for it?
  15. Peebuddy

Nerf or not it's still a good deal if you have no weapon on your flash
    • Up x 1
  16. Rhiaci

No worries there, plenty of complaints about the SAW around. ;D
  17. BEAT

I can assure you that of all the things they look at when considering a nerf/buff, people complaining on these forums is by far the last and least important factor.

Wouldn't it be funny if they decide not to nerf the Fury after all or maybe nerf it less? I bet we will see someone make a whiny thread, mad at SOE because they decided not to buy it when it was on sale because they thought it would get nerfed and then it didn't. :p

Oh, and I bought a Mercy after the nerf, it shreds faces. I'm sure the Fury will still perform it's job adequately even if it is nerfed.
  18. Stealth1

I don't know what to be more upset about.

- The disgraceful and misleading practice of enticing buyers to purchase weapons momentarily before they are detrimentally altered.

- Making changes to weapons which no one is complaining about, which also require skill and a large cert investment to be effective. Meanwhile more pressing issues are ignored.

- That personally I've purchased 3x Fury (Flash, Sunderer) and used 10k+ certs upgrading them, along with another 15-20k on the vehicles themselves to make them viable.

It certainly reinforces my decision not to ever give them another cent, and brings into question whether I should even continue supporting the game with my playing time.
    • Up x 2
  19. Astealoth

it'll still be a good weapon after they change it

how is it more or less fair to ask you to pay half price for a weapon that's being modified soon? what's the difference if they left it full price? you get a chance to play it a bit in it's old state before the new state comes for cheaper. big deal.

i love how everyone whined about "the mercy nerf" and how it went on sale shortly before a change. if anything it's stronger now. the minor max damage reduction made almost no difference that i can tell and the velocity buff its actually quite nice. less lead on moving targets and more hits tend to land in medium range. i've had my top 5 kill sprees with them post "nerf" xD
    • Up x 1
  20. Jax Blake

[IMG]
    • Up x 3