Left and right ADADADADAD spammers mess up the hit registration more than ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Apr 24, 2013.

1. MorganM

I just watched all the videos in this whole thread. THe one with the LA vs HA.... it looks like he's warping when video is at full speed. Then he slows it down... watch closely... there is NO WARPING! He moves smoothly from side to side... he does NOT disappear and re-appear in a different spot... you can see the animation of his legs as he takes steps left and right.

Look I'm not saying there's no problem here... it's obviously causing shots to miss that would otherwise hit. However nobody is disappearing and re-appearing thus warping. The only video that looks anything like warping is the TR guy on the stairs but if you slow it down again... you see he's clearly moving... not warping.

Honestly they aren't going to fix it guys. They already said it's not a bug nor reproducible. You're just going to have to deal with it and get on with life. It doesn't bother me that much. I see it in game... they aren't "warping" on my screen... I clearly see them moving back and forth.

To me it looks like a combination of lag, client syncing, and hit registration or lack of. Software isn't perfect and never will be. They can try to squeeze this in one area and it will just bulge out somewhere else and yall will be right back here complaining about it.

Get on with life guys.
  2. Advanced Darkness

Well I thank the forums for this one. I've been using a macro for it and its hilarious. I have it set to toggle on or off on my razer deathstalker but it works fine just keeping it on.

I know they guys I killed are just cursing me and running to the forums.

I used it on my VS engineer earlier and killed a TR HA and LA standing side by side. It was almost like hold on and wait your turn I'll get you in a sec. Got killed by a sniper heh but it was too late :p
  3. LibertyRevolution

Mods.. this guy is admitting to a using a multikey macro, can you please slap him around a bit with your ban hammer?
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/soe-stance-on-simple-macros.55826/#post-694140
  4. h00n

Yea but we had better netcode and no iron sights back then.

The advent of looking through the sights of a rifle made people forget the art of snap shooting and movement.
  5. Advanced Darkness

Yes pls I admit to using my keyboard to move side to side really quick. According to the forums it means you need better internets :p I blame razer for having a programmable gaming keyboard. :)
  6. LibertyRevolution

1 key per press is all that is allowed, having a and d on the a macro key = not allowed. That is 2 keys for 1 press, get it?

I just reported you.. ill let the mods sort it out.
    Mod SeanF said 1 key per press. your admitting to macroing adada.
    So enjoy your conversation with the mod.

The fact you came to the forums to brag about... If I was a mod, you would be on vacation for a week.
  7. WalrusJones

"Better netcode" meant "FAR less data bombarding the server, Games consisted of less then 50 people."

As a footnote.
    • Up x 1
  8. Stew360

Strafe warping in this game isnt the regular everyday rubberbanding like you are use to in this game whats peoples call warping is a kinda sling shot effect where the players Slide side to side at faster speed than the actual strafe speed ;) you misunderstand the whole problem
  9. Goretzu

The issue isn't someone shooting.

The issue is that if someone is doing it properly and they are exactly as good as you (but you're not doing) it then they will win 100% of the time, because you simply cannot be good enough to never miss, unless you're using an aimbot. :(
  10. vaxx

Saw this tons tonight. You can tell the difference between someone strafing, and some person using a macro.

It was the same group of people, in the same outfit. As soon as they started to fire, it was a ridiculous back and forth BS, making it near impossible to register a hit, even if you were dead on.
  11. INFP

12. Truaragjin

original game...
  13. Bad News

I don't think you understand what exploit means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(computer_security)

Now stop making a fool out of you and read so you understand what you talk about.

You are nothing but a useless cheater.
  14. Advanced Darkness

Glad you're here to do that. Also glad I threw sand in your vagin.a
  15. Stew360

In your slow mo i can definitly say that he moove as fast if not faster than the regular strafe speed in this game lol and yes he slide sligthly on side to side and the hit registration mess up once agains and for the gunner who shoot at him its almost impossible to hit

Also denying facts like all the issue that are obvious while peoples abuse ADAD strafing or ADAD strafing macro do not make you look smart or awesome ;)

IF anyones did not notice that at all in game he migth have a vision problem

its a issue since beta and the problem is diminish compare to what it was but still present , the ad strafing create a sort of Slide effect and warp effect in some case and it mess up the hit registration

take a look at this one on slow mo ;)

and youll see whats we are talking about here this issue is still here and it migth be diminish but still there and still have the same effect

ALso their is still a Player imunity bug but this is another topic 28 sec in the video point blank no hit marker no hit registration this problem still occur

16. MikeyGeeMan

Um looks like he is strafing. Maybe with a lynx or jaguar.

I haven't run into this. I have seen guys floating in the sky shooting me in my mossie, but not this.
  17. DjUnicorn

Disable client-side movement simulation on the test server and let us see the difference of strafing without this activated.
  18. MrIDoK

Why not add some momentum?
    The problem is that someone can simply move to the left at max speed and then instantly move to the right at max speed. Sometimes it's not really warping, it's just that when you see someone in the middle of the "moving to the right" animation you expect him to go to the right, but he can simply start moving to the left instantly and its animation instantly switches to "moving to the left", which is frustrating to see and screws up accurate aiming in an irritating way. I'm not talking about strafing, moving from cover to cover, jumping on a random box, stuff like that is perfectly acceptable, because those things needs some skill to be used and can be countered with the same amount of aiming skill. Jittery movements are not in that category, though.

Also, this problem has already been addressed in Red Orchestra with movement momentum, so don't start exaggerating saying "so everyone should stand still while shooting" because going for hyperboles is just the worst way of discussing.
    We have a test server, so why not use it for something like this? I know that the same fluid (and unnatural) movement that many shooters feed us is appreciated because makes playing much smoother (even ArmA players admit that that game is often clunky movement-wise, albeit much more realistic), but some compromise should be found to avoid situations like the one many people encounter.
    • Up x 1
  19. h00n

I don't think you understand how to use your fingers.
  20. Jachim

Holy crap there are two of these threads going around? Why god, why?

The OP doesn't even know what to call this. It's called 'strafing' and has been in every FPS ever. Maybe you're from another type of MMO like WoW or something, but in first person shooters, it's a common and absolutely legitimate method to break up someones fire on you. If strafing were not in this game, it'd be just one more mark of how this game is dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator and removing any ability that could be considered "skillful".

In before someone claims strafing isn't skill. No, no it isn't. Not by itself at least, but removing it only helps people who have a tough time aiming, ie: lowest common denominator.