My SMG feels weak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Valerye, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Valerye

Running VS with the Sirius, Red Dot, Suppressor and Soft Point ammo.

I still get into situations where I uncloak behind a heavy assault, begin pumping rounds into his upper torso, and then he bubbles, turns around and ***** fury all over me with his CARV or SAW.

Any of you guys have this issue? Seriously pissing me off.
    • Up x 2
  2. RoMoronik666

it can be annoying. HAs are tough.

You need to get close enough to reliably shoot him in the head. If they are moving/juking i will often throw an EMP at them before opening fire just to be sure. They should be dead before they pop their shield.
  3. Astraka

Occasionally. When I run around with the Armistice I notice that I have the killing power but feel a noticeable lack of ammunition, and when I run around with the Hailstorm I've got the ammo for multiple kills but lack the damage which leads to situations closely resembling the one you posted.

Regardless of what people think about the SMG balance situation, I think SOE did do a decent job in balancing out the TR versions at least.
    • Up x 1
  4. halfuring

It is weak, but its fast. TTK is a little slower than TR smg and a little faster than NC.
  5. Shoza Nakh

Why HA must don't have a little fighting chance against you? Anyway, if you have first shot, your target will be dead before humanly possible reaction time unless you miss some bullets.
  6. Shoza Nakh

7. Ztiller

Aim for the head and finish off with the knife if necessary.
    • Up x 1
  8. Sockpuppet

been finding this to be a faster TTK than just waiting for the SMG. I tend to sneak up behind them about 3 meters, put a 2-3 round burst into the upper torso and then knife, then cloak and run away. works very well at night, despite the fact that as an NC cloaker my PANTS OF FURY light me up like Christmas in NYC....
    • Up x 2
  9. RoMoronik666

Yes, i found the Armistice did not have enough bullets, and I would often get killed while reloading (I am not a great shot).
    The Extended Mag is a MUST. Makes a hell of a difference.
  10. Shoza Nakh

You may want to try Amerish Scrub Camo, so you pants will be really dark green, as all other suit except part of helmet. Makes real difference for me in night fights.
  11. X3Killjaeden

well, you decided for the "girly" version of the smg with lower dps but more bullets for a reason, or not? And if half of the shots are missing then you're just tickling them. If you can aim the first smg will be far better for you.
    Also, the run-up trick only works so many times, people get used to that and (eventually) react better. If i hear the wet fart uncloak sound of a VS i always shield up, move, jump and turn around to shoot them in the face. The outcome depends on if the infiltrator can actually fight, or if he just tries to get cheap kills because he can't do it otherwise.
  12. Jokester

Yeah, it probably wasn't a great idea to go for the SMG with the lower burst dmg. But hey, I've been killed by that one more times than I can count as well. Make sure you shoot only when you think it's likely you will hit.
  13. zaspacer

I've noticed some players have much better moves when it comes to evading bullet spray and then countering back with fire. For each class (especially Infiltrator), what are some good evasion patterns to use when getting fired on. When and how should you work in the counter attack or escape? Is there different ones to use at different ranges or vs. different foes?

Also, when they do it to me, what is my best bet? Wait til they commit to a move (like a jump) that has a fixed motion? Keep the aim on the body? On the head?

This is definitely an area of my game I can improve greatly in.
  14. Sockpuppet

I use Amerish Leaf at night, but the glowy strips are still there. from what I've seen on other infiltrators at night. TR and VS have it SOOOO much better at night. I feel like I'm wearing a Technicolor sign that says "SHOOT ME" unless I keep my *** to a wall.
    • Up x 1
  15. YesNoMaybe

Seems to me like you got out played by letting your opponent time to shoot your head. You should have aimed at his head first. Your gun is superior to the carv and far superior to the saw at close range.
  16. Shoza Nakh

First times I made big error then engaged from too far away. I think good distance to start with lays in 10 meters or even closer.
  17. Prodigal

Sorry but I can do that a) with a Serpent and b) without even needing to cloak like a *****. I've always been aversive to people reacting with "L2P" - but this time, honestly, it seems pretty adequate.

SMGs are VERY powerful in cqc (second only to shotguns), and cloakers with SMGs are the most cheap to use thing in the whole game. If you cant manage to kill enemies EVEN WITH THAT, the problem lies between your chair and your keyboard. Maybe you learn to play properly first, because OP weapons and cheap cloaksuits are no substitution for skill.
    • Up x 1
  18. Astraka

Could you stop trolling Infiltrator threads? We get it already, Infiltrators need to learn how to play the real classes and stop hiding like cowards.
    • Up x 1
  19. MajiinBuu

I run with the Eridani, Extended Magazine, Suppressor and Soft Point ammo, and reflex sight(easier for me than iron).
    I wish I would have waited until the Sirius, but I still do well with the Eridani. As an infiltrator I try not to cloak much(so loud, even though some are oblivious to it), and at very close range the enemy almost dies instantly. Over distance the smg gets incredibly weaker, until it's probably weaker than a default pistol, so get close.
    I get a lot of kills with it, I even use it as a Light Assault in a biolab.
    • Up x 1
  20. Intruder313

Take the Suppressor off as this sucks back the damage/range gains you get from the SPA.