New explosion noise when JJ with light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jac70

I'm basing this opinion on listening to people using it in the warpgate, although if you'd engaged brain before posting you may have worked that out.
  2. Goretzu

Honestly it's not that loud even in total silence, the intial boom is audiable from a reasonable distance away the other base background jet noise not much (if any) more than before.

Honestly the hysteria is baffling, try it yourself.
  3. ChaosRender

If you are worried about making the most Certs go play medic there are fewer of them than LAs and they make more certs.
  4. Jac70

I have tried it in the VR - and to yourself it doesn't seem that bad. It might be annoying if you tap the spacebar or just want to jump. When I heard others using it in the WG it did seem very obvious to me and that's why I figured it could do with toning down slightly. Another option might be for the LA to have 2states for the spacebar - tapped for jumping and drifting, held to activate the jetpack.
  5. TintaBux

Not really, it very much depends on the players.
  6. StrikerKOJ

Anybody able to post a clip of the new sounds? I haven't had an oportunity to try it on the test server, or since the update. I'm curious as to how loud the initial "boom" is, as I often spam that space bar for fly horizontally.

Just want to know if I should be aprehensive about this change all day while I'm sitting at work unable to play.
    • Up x 1
  7. MarlboroMan-E

Went home for lunch and tried it. Really not that bad. The random nature of the explosion sound is tedious, but I don't think it shuts LA down. I used to say "if your feet are on the ground, you're doing it wrong." I'm afraid I'm going to have to adapt and run more in stealthy situations.
  8. DaninTexas

I think this is it - quick dirty search

9. randalthorr

stupid. good work forum whiners, you got what you wanted.

Now start qq'ing about something else, so we can ruin the game further.
  10. LibertyRevolution

What is the point in the test server if they don't listen to us.. I am uninstalling it..
    If they are going to do whatever they feel like, why even waste your time testing stuff.
    • Up x 1
  11. FluffyM

I have to say, I quite like it after playing for a while. It's still a stupid change, but the audio-aspect I like.
    You don't get the big explosion noise every time, only about every third time you activate JJs it seemed from my testing. Imo, not bad, doesn't sound much more horrible than most guns.
  12. Poacher

This just in for a future update. Jump jets that play La Cucaracha or ice cream truck music for 1000 certs.
  13. NaySayer

The light assault is now the infiltrators decoy grenade.
  14. C0L0NELH0GAN

Read my post! As I said, make JP louder, but please remove this annoying explosion sound played every time I hit spacebar... Its getting really annoying after some minutes of playtime! Try it out of your own
    • Up x 2
  15. Aegie

True, but what worries me more is that they implemented a nerf upon one of the least used and lowest scoring classes. The only justification for doing so that I can see is that non-LA players were complaining and IMO that is not sufficient and is continuing evidence that "balance" decisions are tied more to the volume of complaints than actual performance related metrics.
  16. Jadith

Anybody can camp the top of a tower just by using the elevator tubes to boost you up there. Camping towers is something everyone can do.
  17. StrikerKOJ

Thank you sir. Still kind of hard to tell from a youtube clip on earbuds, but I could imagine the "boom" sound could get tidious after a while. Not really bothered by the sound after the boom.

Gonna have to reserve judgement until I have a chance.
  18. ChaosRender

They tested it on the PTS and it was found to not be a problems, as LA ability to do there job was not effected. While the need to remove shotguns from the class was avoided.
  19. Jadith

All in all, it is just annoying. Noone is going to notice it in a big battle, and you can still outmaneuver people in small skirmishes. Hell, we even have flash bangs and smoke grenades if you need that little bit of extra to take out high priority targets.
  20. ChaosRender

The change was made because it was broken, now it is fixed and LA are no worse for wear at being able to do their jobs. And LA will never see the same volume of players as HA, or Engi, simple because Jet packs are one of the most powerful items in game, but require practice and learning.

I have been playing a LA on live a lot lately and never once did I have to worry about using my Jet pack, it had no down sides. Now I will have to think about how I use it just like every other class has to do with there abilities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.