BR100 - There is nothing on the top.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KidApathy, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuntLou42

BR was never significantly rewarding in the first place so I don't see how BR100 would make any difference. The only BR rewards are decals and titles. Your telling me that you don't play because there are no more decals or titles for you to earn? There has been plenty of first person shooters out there that do not even have the aspect of leveling in the first place. Let's face it, the truth is your burnt out. There still are weapon achievements, stats and well every other aspect of the game. There is plenty for you to do however I think I will be stop playing for a bit post 100 myself just to get a little break in.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great if they think of some sort of rewards post 100, something else to aim for.
  2. ent|ty

What did some of us do in the days of Counterstrike?

Did we post on forums about OP and UP, about nerfs and buffs? Did we post about XP, Certs, and achievements?

And most of all... after playing de_dust for almost 7 years...

DID WE EVER COMPLAIN OR CRY OR POST ABOUT GETTING NEW CONTENT ALL THE TIME???!

Just admit the game is no good. Strip away all the distractions, its nothing but a big bore.
    • Up x 1
  3. Codeak

no i didnt lol
  4. Zorro

Higher ranking players should be able to command their forces, basically a chain of command.
  5. RomulusX

Maybe they should add prestige mode and let you get level 100 10 times. That sure sounds fun -____-
  6. Codeak

What are you talking about
  7. Wasdie

WWII Online did something similar. Short answer: It doesn't work and leads to way too many headaches.

It's always great on paper, but they just don't play out well at all.
  8. Codeak

did you ever level up?
  9. Codeak

that sounds boring as heck
    • Up x 3
  10. Poacher

Auraxian Prestige level 1-20 (a la COD) after topping out and starting over at level 1 again is my suggestion. Different character models, voice macros, special skins, decals and other cosmetics only rewards to keep the interest up. People love levelling and the unique rewards that come with it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dramma Lamma

You understand what i'm saying perfectly fine bro.

But go ahead and play oblivious like a troll and try to bait me, ill bite.

BR does it's intended purpose correctly (to show time spent in game), you just have some misconception about its purpose.
  12. nitram1000

There was no reward for playing Quake 3 Arena for hours on end, no stats, no leader board just pure desire to beat my opponent yet I played for 6 years straight. I play Planetside 2 to kill **** in many different and fun ways, that's all it is to me.
    • Up x 2
  13. Shanther

Cajual has always been about 10 or so ranks higher then you. When he hit 100 you were around BR 90. So yes, yes you did rush to BR 100. You wouldn't have gotten to 100 so quickly if you didn't care in anyway.
  14. Gustavo M

Or maybe trying something else other than focusing on rewards only: playing with a team, planning tactics as a team, cooperating as a team... you know. Like this game is meant to be.
    Guess that people focus too much on the game content and forgets about what you can do with other players.
    • Up x 5
  15. biterwylie

BR is no kind of end game since it is irrelevant. The game itself just needs more tactical victories.
  16. Codeak

im not sure what youre saying
  17. sustainedfire

As if battle rank means anything. You want more stars for your shoulder pad?

Battle ranks were rarely memorable. Sometimes when you got a huge kill, ala a full sunderer or galaxy, it was nice to see the rank up message on screen- but more often it was just an annoyance that blocked your view field and got you killed.
  18. Codeak

Well thats exactly how I leveled up, i used to run with several platoons and control the map almost.
  19. Zorro

Quake was an arena; Planetside 2 is a war simulator. With larger scale a reward for leadership becomes necessary.
  20. Wintermaulz

People have gotten too used to being force fed content, that they can't come up with any on their own. It's uquite sad really.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.