Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-Skub

No I'm using my incredible reading abilities and looking at the scoreboard.
  2. Liquid23

there was no data mining and all him or you are doing is spouting assumptions with no actual basis in fact and no proof

sir, please remove the tinfoil hat and back away from the keyboard
  3. huundar

Then you should ask for your money back from your school district, just saying
  4. isilyan

Nope it does not, Certs is iceing on the Cake for me:)
    But this whole things does not put the game in a good light, and its is there my concerns come from.
  5. Anti-Skub

In order to have made more than 70k without refunds you would need to have a score of at least 16 million. Now go onto your server, sort the scoreboard by score and count how many people that is. Now filter it by certs and count how many have over 70k certs and get back to me.
  6. RadarX

I want to go ahead and clarify this further and I apologize my other post did not do so. Not refunding SC has nothing to do with future sales.

And like I said certifications may not be the way things go in the future. The team has been looking at alternatives to certifications as an option should we need to do another grant.

Regardless we do appreciate everyone's feedback and would like to continue hearing it. There are no plans for any type of rollback and the team has verified all grants were done accurately.
    • Up x 3
  7. Walbomb

I got news for you. You did waste your time. Playing this game is a waste of time, although it's my preferred way to waste time. It's too bad though you haven't yet realized that you're unreasonably upset because you placed a high value on something essentially worthless.
    • Up x 1
  8. SiosDashcR

Great- except this has been the only known case where certs were reimbursed in place of SC, which they said they won't have plans on doing.

Why? According to one guy - It breaks the business model data since SC is an SOE currency, not PlanetSide 2 -restricted.

And Higby said this where?
    Last I checked:
    Just incase you didn't get the message.
    That Terms of Service is there so people don't refute for reimbursements or compensations.
    If SOE decides to give out compensations regardless in good faith, they're entitled to.
    They're the ones who decided who deserves a reimbursement and who doesn't.
  9. Hague

Hah, my post about boycotting this game got filterpwnd. Classic tactics.

Look, you guys screwed up your game for me. I'm not playing it anymore. I'm not alone. There are other, better titles with developers that have some idea of what they're doing. You say your figures were accurate but that's just some goons trying to do the best to keep their jobs. They lie to their boss, so their boss doesn't have to face the truth of this horrible screw up. I know if I'd messed up as colossally as this I'd probably lie to cover my *** too. So good for the developers to keep their jobs working on the game they broke with a TERRIBLE idea.

I'm done with Planetside. You've ruined it for me. You won't roll it back so I won't be coming back. I'll go play a game with developers who actually THINK about the consequences of their actions.

I recommend others do too. I certainly don't recommend anyone spend any more money on this game, even if you decide to continue playing. Don't bother flaming this post. I won't be returning to defend it.
    • Up x 3
  10. SiosDashcR

Same for all the whiners who want to be apart of that pile of certs or have others who deserve a portion of it (not the whole amount) - not have it.

They already said they're not going to roll it back - Why do you guys keep crying over it?

If this has happened more than once - Then sure.

.. It hasn't - and SOE's learnt from their mistakes.
  11. isilyan

But do you think the reimbursement was done in a good way m8?
  12. bobzebrick

This is basically true, it's money that's talking here, the higher ups at SOE won't let them refund SC. Higby pretty much said so himself on twitter.

The thing is the decision to refund certs just shows how incompetent the devs are, do you even have a clue how the game you made works? You refunded pretty much the only thing that damages the game. Give them boosters or something but not certs, it was so painfully obvious. You won't get another cent from me because all you've shown is you are not willing to clear up after your mistakes.
    • Up x 1
  13. PS2Freak

Then, Soe should go on and make Bundle Sales FAIR , fordaddyssake, 20€ for - 1 weapon i want , second - low cert weapon, third and 4th - double. already unlocked.

how about stop this unjustice, and put somewhat fair Bundle prices if you have some of in the bundle . or what ?

or how about "take away unlocked weapons from bundle, and put there some which i DONT have"

you know, kinda flexible kind of bundle

is it hard to do ?

common. if you recert because its fair, then you should do something about Unfairness in First place.
  14. Dem1se

Okay. I'll accept your statement of it not having anything to do with future sales and I'll raise you a "If they used SC to begin with, then that means they could have used that SC in your other games, so saying it's because they can use the refund elsewhere doesn't make sense.". Is it because after they spent the SC that money was already allocated to the PS2 side? That makes sense, but doesn't change the fact that they could have used it in your other games when they bought the SC. Too much work I guess.

It's pretty clear you all didn't want to grant certs. Even Higby called them "unearned", but you all did it anyway. So why is it you wouldn't stick to the same policy later down the road, like if the ESRLs are ever linked? It would be the exact same situation.

I had a ticket into CS in which I was told late last night that CS was still investigating the reports of people being overcompensated. He specifically told me they were still in the information collecting phase, while you all were on the forums telling everyone nothing was mishandled. Someone is fibbing.
    • Up x 1
  15. CHDT65

You perfectly well described what I feel.

I will still play the game, because it is great.
    But no more dollars from the paying pig I was supposed to be.
    • Up x 2
  16. SiosDashcR

So because of one mistake - which didn't negatively impact you, you'll stop supporting SOE?

At least from here, we can deduce who the children are - who have this idea that every company must be perfect.

They didn't have to give out a PSA apologizing for their mistakes nor even had to say it was because of them that they goofed, but they at least tried to.

When you see those over-compensated players out on the battlefield, thank them.

Because at least they're paying for the servers you're playing on for free.

It wasn't appropriately reimbursed - but it has little to no effect on my gameplay.

Look at the Player Stats of most of those reimbursed.

The majority of them either barely play their character or are just your average, if not - below average (since they can't do well on one main, they rage quit and go off to another character) players.

It doesn't bother me to the least.

I'm working my way into BR 74 right now.
  17. Anti-Skub

...so the reason is? Other games use SC? How is that a reason? They are YOUR games. It's not like if you refunded SC people could then go get loads of hats in TF2 that they hadn't paid for.

I'm not particularly upset, I have lots of other stuff to play. I'm just over emphasizing because I'm trying to get it through SOEs thick skull. They have a long history of hamstringing their own games. I was there when they wrecked SWG, I was there when they ruined PS1, I was there as EQ2 slowly slid into the abyss with glacial update frequency.

I really don't want PS2 to go the same way, I really enjoy the game, but I saw this whole debacle coming a mile off and it's just reminding me why I told myself never to buy another SOE game. And while I pray that this is the big screw up after all the other smaller screw ups that's going to make them think "Damn, we'd better start thinking things through a bit more and stop putting cash value above all else" but I fear it's just the start of the "We didn't think you'd mind" apologies for ludicrous design decisions based purely on trying to get people to spend more money".
    • Up x 1
  18. bobzebrick

This is a PR nightmare of course the SOE reps will be out in force sweeping this under the carpet. They are just lucky the majority of the player base doesn't check the forums often if at all. I bet most of the paying ones do though.
    • Up x 2
  19. PS2Freak

love don't pay the bills. and fun is great thing, but cert have also its place in this game, and to say certs doesnt matter, is wrong

• Up x 3
  20. TrenchDigger

still here though
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.