Some notes on today's cert grants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHDT65

I was just thinking of something.
    In my country, there are two "Wallmart" kind of companies which offer certs to their customers, when they buy a certain amount of things or when they do the recording job themselves.
    But you don't get lots of money this way, just some franks.
    I just imagine if these two companies would say to the customers without the certs cards "hey, here are hundreds of franks for you" and for the customers with certs cards "for you nothing".
    This would of course cause a major uproar and a marketing disaster.
    Impossible, because marketing guys are not so stupid.
  2. Root

Are you really this angry about this subject? Or are you just angry in general? At risk of being a "white knight", most people seem to be at least presenting arguments in their discussions. You however just seem to contribute what seem to be more like manic rants. I get that you're upset, and I understand why, but you're not helping your cause by rendering it impotent.
  3. CHDT65

Sorry, as already said, I don't talk to brown noses.
  4. Wobberjockey

LOL WUT?!?

again, these are users who did nothing more than buy a weapon on 2 different avatars, and possibly on 2 different SERVERS, with no expectation of anything other than the weapon they bought, and you are trying to throw them in the same bin as aimbotters, speed hackers, and people who activate god mode?

o_O

GROW UP

or do you think that you should somehow get extra money from ford, because kia is paying people for the extra gas they bought (they screwed up their MPG numbers, and people who bought the affected cars are getting money back. some more than they actually paid since these numbers are based on averages.)
  5. Root

hahahah if you think I'm a brown nose you've completely misinterpreted what I've said. Telling them they screwed up isn't exactly brown nosing. Try to keep your corporate job by telling your boss "oops", unless you work on Wall Street, different world there (clarification, I don't work there, if I did I'd prolly actually raise a stink, I take my work seriously). But you've done a stellar job at showing your age. I guess your school is on Spring Break this week?
  6. GroundPounder

Its one thing to be reimbursed, its another to be reimbursed x100

Also, its OK to have an opinion, telling someone to "GROW UP" because of that opinion is arrogant.
    • Up x 7
  7. Root

I would say it depends. If the reply to a thought out argument is "grow up" that's very short sighted. If the reply of "grow up" is given to a series of spammy trolly posts, different story.
  8. CHDT65

Btw, I don't see why my arguments should be "manic rants", as they are articulated and reasonable.
    Contrary to direct or indirect (more clever) brown-nosing which is just the attitude of those waiting for freebies from the "authorities".
    Also, in such situation, the only thing a customer can do is to keep the pressure high, while the corporate guys in front of you are calculating that the thing will die itself, precisely because pressure will slowly decrease because people get tired.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dem1se

I don't think the guy was trolling. His point is valid, although I think categorizing them as cheaters is a bit too far. If the categories were "Fair" and "Unfair", I would put them in the "Unfair" category, which is how I took his statement. Either way, it is an unfair advantage.
  10. CHDT65

"Also, its OK to have an opinion, telling someone to "GROW UP" because of that opinion is arrogant."

Of course, you're right.

But it doesn't matter very much, because the "patronizing patrol" is most of the times made of kids waiting for freebies, and also more rarely from old control freaks whose dream is to become some kind of semi-official moderators, "temple guardians" this kind of guys.
  11. LibertyRevolution

Bump from page 12 becuase it seems people are not understand just how many certs we are talking about.

Phrygen said:

this right here, is completely unacceptable.”
    Look at this guys total certs... BR14 with 166,266certs

SOE, you just screwed over the player base that puts time into this game..
    I have 40DAYS of playtime into this, and this guy has 10x the certs as me at BR14 with 1day????
    It would take me 280DAYS of playtime at my cert grind rate to make as many certs as you gave this guy...

THIS IS NOT OK!

ROLL IT BACK!!! PAY THEM OUT IN SC!!!
    • Up x 2
  12. Root

He's just being irrationally hyperbolic. Apparently I'm just a brown noser looking for hand outs, despite the $200? I dunno I've spent in this game. I'm done paying attention to him, I'm sure SOE will give him even less.
  13. Dem1se

Yeah, I guess hyperbole is a good term for it, but I do think the point behind his statement makes sense. As far as I'm concerned anyone that has an opinion on the subject should post it. It gives us a chance to (theoretically) be a part of the meeting that SOE might have on the subject.
  14. Flarenza

The main reason I see them not refunding the actual SC from this stuff is due to the general profit mongering of companies nowadays. You see when you still have the SC it isn't a profit for them until you actually spend it. As long as it is still in SC format it is all listed on the balance sheets as "unearned revenue." So for them to actually refund the actual SC it would cut into the company revenue as well as the bonuses of the higher ups in the company.
  15. Root

I absolutely agree that they should. Then they should participate in the discussion constructively. If you're upset about this, absolutely post, please. They need to know. Don't be dramatic about it though.
    • Up x 2
  16. CHDT65

"He's just being irrationally hyperbolic."

Just curious, can you point one of my arguments which was "irrational" or "hyperbolic" ?
  17. Dem1se

The transaction ends when SC is paid for with real money. Station Cash is not a real currency. It's like old arcade tokens which are only good where you got them. You could sit on that SC and never spend it, but SOE has already made the real currency, so it doesn't matter.
  18. Root

Certainly.

"Guys who paid real money and got nothing, on the contrary to dumbasses getting freebies as a recompense for their bad choices, should get at least free premium accounts according to what they've paid. Or one, two or three free weapons."

Guys who paid real money got what they paid for.

"God, I love those semi-official white knights !"

Asinine, a white knight would be defending SOE, not telling them they messed up.

"Sorry, as already said, I don't talk to brown noses."

I felt like I was 25 years younger.

"Contrary to direct or indirect (more clever) brown-nosing which is just the attitude of those waiting for freebies from the "authorities"

This one took me back closer to 30 years.

I didn't go back very far. Otherwise, while I feel like it's a bit early for this reaction, I feel like there was a mess up and there needs to be a reaction. Try paying more attention. Additionally some other comments you posted seemed like you were trying to keep the thread bumped, but it's sticky so there's no point. Keeping an issue alive in the long run is important towards a resolution, initial first day reaction means jack.
  19. Crashsplash

Thanks to Matt on the update today.

Nice to know all changes were pukka.
  20. BiggLou55

I'm done this this discussion... Need to cool off so I am able to play again once this all blows over... Good luck getting any more of my money though... Seeing more than half the active players in my outfit with 1000+ cert grants kinda makes me want to.... (I'll stop there)....
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.