Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

So a light assault just teleports to that mountain cliff?
  2. Teegeeack

The magic light assault trooper wills himself to the top of the mountain with the power of his mind and OHKs all the engineers.
  3. Vikarius

If anything Sniper, Scout, and Battle rifles should be the ONLY weapons in the game to get a headshot modifier. (or make other weapons keep the headshot modifier but make it like 1.2x) That would solve a LOT of issues, and be a good start
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

The LA is good at dispatching those, but it needs time to travel to targets 600m away on a mountain, meanwhile these spammers destroy every new spawned vehicle and the rest can't hold formation, because they have to avoid the grenades.
  5. Jex =TE=

This is incorrect.

They both shoot straight.
    The RAMs fires straighter for longer meaning you don't have to aim above your target as much
    It does more damage.

I wish I had taken the RAMs instead of the M77 tbh because I like the extra range I get before bullet drop off.
  6. Jaloro

Actually, I have played one for hours. The hard part that could be called the skill element is finding a decent spot. Once there though, actually engaging and killing the enemy is a joke, since the enemy cannot fight back.

Since SMG's I now stick to actually infiltrating.

Also, two shot sniping worked absolutely fine in PS1. I also clearly said in my first post that I think all one shot kill weapons should be nerfed, including shotguns.

So no, not trolling at all. Sorry you don't like hearing an alternative point of view.
  7. Jaloro

No, but at least they can respond, get some cover, duck, whatever. If you have the jump you are going to win most of the time but sometimes if your aim goes wonky the other guy can retaliate and kill you.

If a snipers aim goes wonky the worst he can expect is to have to reload.

And I also reiterate that they add nothing to the actual combat environment, other than the necessity to have to keep moving around like a moron when outside. Frankly, if they disappeared tomorrow I doubt many would be bothered, except for the people who like to farm kills from a mile away.
  8. Vikarius

Since you claim that killing an enemies by sitting in 1 spot (is a joke) and that they "cannot" fight back you give yourself away as a troll.
    Killing AFK players is one thing.

You basically came into this thread and said "Red is not a color", then when someone called you out as a troll, you say "Sorry if I have an alternative point of view"

0/10
    • Up x 1
  9. Sulsa

I understand what you are trying to get across but I still can't make the leap in logic that this means that the only (potential) OHK weapon needs to nerfed.
  10. Jaloro

Why? I do not understand the snipers point of view that they should have some kind of god given right to be able to one shot people from a distance, when they are in little to no danger, while people actually engaging one another cannot.

And to reiterate, I dont agree that there should be one shot kill anything. Shotguns should also be nerfed.
  11. Jaloro

How exactly is killing some guy from 250m away when he moves out of a doorway a two-way combat scenario? It isn't, the guy just dies without ever having the chance to fight back or move into cover. That isn't a game, there is no ebb and flow. If anything it is the in-game version of trolling.

I would like to argue the point further with you but all you seem to do is call me names. Can you explain to me why you think it is fair that snipers can kill people without them being able to retaliate in any way?
  12. Vikarius

and you make yourself look ignorant, let me repeat since it doesn't seem to be sinking in...

You are saying it is not okay for a sniper rifle with bullet drop and scope sway and a limited FoV to 1HKO on HEADSHOT, in a game with one of the worse hit detections and low round velocity? and you are saying, however sub 1s TTK spray and pray weapons (80% of the weapons in the game), are okay?

ahahahahhaa

Feel free to provide a video of you Headshotting a guy as soon as he exits a doorway, and make sure it actually one hit kills. Man, I can't wait.

-------
    darn.... you got me..... you are right.....I also don't think its fair when sub 1s ttk weapons spray me, or someone sneaks up on me while Im sniping ant kills me without any chance to retaliate.......
    lmao

The power of the double standard
  13. Jaloro

Well, I'm not sure how to respond to this articulate post.

Bullet drop is ridiculously easy to counter in this game given the markings on the scope. Sway is countered by cunning use of the shift key. Aiming is not particularly difficult if you apply the "dont aim at people moving" mantra, which given the plethora of targets in planetside is not a problem. Given you are not in any real danger during this you have plenty of time to check your shot.

In any case, I'm not giving any double standard. I'm saying remove all one shot kill weapons. Not sure how that is a double standard.
  14. Vikarius

A. Feel free to make a video of how easy bullet drop is at 200-400m, and use a suppressor for half of it as well. Until them, you sound ignorant.
    B. Not aiming at moving target, same as aiming at AFK targets. Even then, at ranged with drop, and low bullet velocity, all the target has to do is a simple twitch and you miss. Heck, even bad hit detection can mess you up on a still target. Then take into account the nanoweave 3+ targets. Feel free to make a video about this as well.
    C. So according to you sniping suddenly makes you immune to other snipers, vehicles, AV turrets, Rocket launchers, and base turrets.. and immune to people sneaking up on you..... wow now I really know you don't play infiltrator. Lets see them stats... put up or shut up.
    D. It is a double standard, Because in actuality, sub 1s TTK weapons kill you equal, to even faster then a sniper rifle when used at their intended ranges. When your reasoning behind nerfing OHKO on sniper rifles is people don't have time to react or fight back, well when you are holding a sniper rifle, and someone sprays you with 90% of the weapons in the game in their intended ranges , you won't have time to react and thats not even counting any headshots. You contradict yourself so much it is funny.

Still waiting for this video... till then 0/10
    • Up x 1
  15. Vaphell

people who stand still can be nailed by slug shotguns with equal ease. Shift runs out way too often (nearby explosion ruining aim, target twitching) so sniper can't fire at will but is forced to operate in windows of opportunity. Also only noob players stand still, i don't remember when was the last time i saw a tank driver that didn't dance around his vehicle during repairs or a HA who didn't strafe while locking-in his tube.

Very slow RoF sniper rifles not OHKing targets by default = useless garbage, they might as well be removed from the game. Shotguns have relatively rapid fire and people were using 2hit-to-kill shotguns with plenty success already. Pump actions were not needed at all and in their current form they are game breaking. 10v10 tower skirmish where one team is all shotgun would be a one sided humiliation.
  16. Sulsa

They are snipers. They made a class in a game that is extremely difficult to play in a way that benefits the larger good of the team.
    The 'no OHK' arguments like this don't make sense when:
    a) there are tactical counters: Move. Don't stop in a battle.
    b) there are equipment counters: Buy Nanoweave (the reason for this thread).
    c) there are skill counters: A headshot with a sniper rifle at extreme (ok, I'll play, SAFE distance for the sniper) ranges is difficult.
    d) there are class counters: an Infil is the weakest class health-wise in the game.

We aren't mowing down infantry by any means.
    In hours of play on the double XP weekend I think I earned about 60 certs. Dudes in other classes in vehicles made 1,000+. I'm not the best but I don't mind because I like the sniper/infil gameplay.
    When I play LA or Engi or HA (no nanoweave) I die to sniper fire maybe 10% of the time and that's being gracious. I die to OHK shotguns 3x-4x as much. That doesn't bother me either because outside of 15m they are hopeless.
  17. Slandebande

You have to be joking.. When you said you have tried "sniping" for hours, did you play like all the useless lemmings sniping from Crown to Ti killing people whom are ******** and/or would die anyways??? Or standing 50-100m behind your friendly troops so you can "safely" snipe at enemies at the frontline that would die anyways?? It honestly sounds like it!

I can tell you, that is NOT the optimal way to play the infiltrator (sniper).. If you really want to be useful, you infiltrate (like you already said you are doing it with the SMG) and get into spots to actually counter stuff (eg. groups of Phoenix, engi AV turrets, other snipers, medics/engis supporting and the like) where a missed shot in the wrong situation CAN/WILL get you killed! I can't count (and I'm really good at counting!) to how many snipers i have killed in my vicinity due to ANY one of the following reasons: Blimp showing up on the minimap for just a fraction of a sec, seeing the tracer and tracking it back to the origin, hearing the sound (either of a muffled/silenced rifle or without, it doesnt matter), silly "Q" calls and the like.. So yea, go ahead and believe that missing a shot is "free" for an infiltrator

And yea, it is possible for a sniper to get onto a cliff/mountain and start shooting at targets 300-400m away, but it usually shares the same weakness as sniping behind your own lines, you will practically ONLY kill people who are going to die anyways.

In my personal opinion it is waaaay harder to headshot someone 300-400m away than instakilling someone with a shotgun in close quarters, or killing someone in less than ½ a sec with an automatic weapon (is there an effective difference here lol?)
    • Up x 1
  18. Vikarius

Yea, and the whole point basically of this thread is that the highest damage bolt actions were and still are advertised as being able to 1hko ANY non max infantry on headshot, with the only a heavy with his class shield active having a chance to survive. The Words: Only, and Chance are the key here.
    That clearly means that no nanoweave level, no certable armor, nothing should survive a headshot from these at ANY range except a Heavy Assault with their shield on.
    The only point that can be debated is the word CHANCE, which would leave ME to believe that the sniper on headshot should actually do enough damage to take a fresh heavy (Full shields, nanoweaved health, and class shield just activated) down to only a couple slivers of health.
  19. Jaloro

In some ways I think we are agreeing with each other here. By the sounds of it you also don't really believe in sniping, just infiltrating. I don't think sniping is in any way optimal, as I said before I think snipers are generally a waste of space.

I would agree that a long range shot on a moving target is difficult and some of these shots are indeed very skillful, far moreso than a point blank one shot with a cheesy pump action. To counter that though, they are in zero danger whatsoever from their victim. So in both cases, be it zero skill cheesy shotgunning or high skill zero risk long range sniping, neither deserve the ability to one shot kill.

Which was pretty much what I was trying to get at initially.
  20. Jaloro

Actually, no. I can happily debate the fact that any rifle at all one shots anyone. There shouldn't be any chance at all that someone is killed instantly by someone they have next to no chance of even seeing, let alone countering.