GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Rhyl

Can you please fix our mines during this update?
    • Up x 5
  2. Lazaruz

It all sounds pretty good on paper, but so have the past updates...
    Whenever I see an "Update x coming" thread, I feel frightened and excited at the same time.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ripshaft

Interested to see the effects, thanks for the update.
  4. Craigr910

What about test server and the battle flow improvements
  5. AnotherNoob

I like the idea with the alerts, but 3000 xp for capturing indar? come on...
  6. Higby Developer

Nope, we're very close to having it ready to bring up. I can't give an exact ETA without being wrong.
    • Up x 13
  7. Ash87

Thank you. As long as it is still on the way, it was just getting worrisome with no word since March 13th
  8. ItZMuRdA

I like the service ribbons, as I'm a huge achievement nut/completionist/progression-focused player in any game I play. Even though they are simple in scope, I'll enjoy going after all of them and think it's a good direction for hopefully more advanced achievements in the future.

The alerts system I can't say anything bad about, I really like the 20% exp bonus for the duration of it, but I'm hoping the 3000 reward for capturing Indar is a placeholder number. I feel like that should be much, much higher. Especially on Mattherson, capturing Indar almost never happens. Either that, or make the objective of the alerts a bit more accessible to higher pop, balanced realms.

Completely aside, but I'm really looking forward the most right now to the empire-specific account level unlocks and server transfers, so while it doesn't look like they will be included in GU06, I hope to see them soon!
    • Up x 2
  9. Higby Developer

We will of course be watching the system closely and tuning rewards, timing, etc as we see how it plays out.
    • Up x 8
  10. Astealoth

April fools. Tomorrow they're announcing GU06 is postponed indefinitely and the game servers will be closing down permanently in 24 hours.

Oh wait, this isn't an EA forum.
    • Up x 6
  11. ExarRazor

will we be able to display service ribbons on our character models like we could in ps1?
  12. Joram

For all the people asking for is this gonna be fixed is this gonna be ready for the patch, is a sneak peek not the full patch notes.
  13. SDD

So... what happens to the 3 other character slots when the subscription expires?
    • Up x 4
  14. GSZenith

how about deleting a br49 to move to a better server -_- /wrist
    also.
    Where is my blackjack :(
  15. Nocturnal7x

Please stop.

Also, you use indar as an example for the alert system? And you'er adding a BF style ribbon system? Oh good. This isn't going to help the BF/cod kids stay with the game or anyone for that matter. We need meta game, and also new player tutorial/guidance system. This system should be UI based.
  16. DJPenguin

^

i can get 3k worth of kills attacking a tower or base in 10 minutes. Ideally, you'd want the reward to be something that's sought after.
  17. Bucketnate

Im afraid that its to quick to rank up to the highest, then what?
  18. Bucketnate

They have multiple teams working on the game, the ui design team can't help the bug fixing team. Get to know game development man
    • Up x 1
  19. Bucketnate

nope, the next update is wednesday
  20. Ranik

So we are turning the game more and more into BF3 rather than more and more into PS2. Great way to run the game into the ground.

Can we at least expect to see some ESRL / MBT fixes and balance? I'm going to guess none.