Stop putting in stuff from PS1 that nobody wants.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Belphan, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Belphan

Whats next? Let me guess ... Orbital Strikes? (please dont)

Not everything in PS1 was awesome. Use your heads for a second and think "whats fun, and whats not fun?"

Not fun .... getting hit with an AV rocket from someone you cant see .... getting hit with a sniper AV weapon .... getting killed by an invisible guy with a SMG .... getting killed by an orbital strike .... low game population cause 1/3 are lost in the caves .... giant mechs ....
    • Up x 15
  2. IronWarrior

Orbital Strikes is already in the roadlist and am looking forward to it.
    • Up x 21
  3. 01101010

The Phoenix does the same thing it did in PS1... only here the TTK is much shorter thus making it a tad on the high end of poweredness.
    • Up x 3
  4. VanuSovereignty

Invisible guy... hahahahaha.
    • Up x 8
  5. Maidere

6. RasFW

Obviously a guy who did not play PS1. Thus, argument invalidated.
    • Up x 18
  7. Xind

You know, if they give me back BFRs all this garbage they keep adding suddenly becomes justified.
    • Up x 2
  8. ABATTLEDONKEY

SOE please do anything you ca to bring back the PS1 vets. these BF3 crossovers are getting annoying.........
    • Up x 1
  9. Hovis

To an extent the OP is right, PS2 is a far more technologically sophisticated game than PS1 and it has the scope not to need the old staples from the original game to make it brilliant. It could feature new things, new ideas, never before seen wonders. However I do not sense that the OP has an appropriate level of reverence for the Old Ways, so he may have to be burned for heresy anyway.
    • Up x 7
  10. Metalsheep

If anything they need to bring MORE stuff back from PS1.
    • Up x 26
  11. TeknoBug

Nope I don't want to see the OS in PS2, nor BFR's.
    • Up x 7
  12. netsky4life

less stuff from ps1 please, or this game will be dead in a year.....
    the graphics aint gonne cut it, if they can't provide balanced tactical gameplay
    • Up x 3
  13. Hovis

The BFRs were so powerful when they killed a player most of the time they never respawned.
    • Up x 8
  14. Skallagrim818

What was ever wrong with OS? Even when people coordinate OS's, it's still a one time deal for quite some time.
  15. h00n

Give me a walker. I dare you, I double dare you.

What they did in PS1 will pale in comparison to what I will bring to the table with a walking tank in a modern game.
    • Up x 1
  16. Apis

The problem is that they're trying to put the cool iconic things of ps1 into ps2 but they're failing badly.

I actually hope they make ps1 ftp w/ ps2 account so I can play a well thought out game again.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hovis

They became much more common later in Planetside's life and that was on maps with 150 players per side. In PS2 there is no command rank grind to determines who gets an OS. We get one for dollars, or a mad amount of certs. And instead of a maximum of 450 people on each cont, it's closer to 2000.

Take a look how many people have just bought the new Empire specific rocket launchers. Now imagine those rocket launchers are Orbital Strikes.

Very bad juju.
    • Up x 6
  18. Brusilov [TR]

um, PS1 had these things balanced for the most part (not orbital strikes, once everyone was CR5)

No invisible SMG guys,
    No OHOK rockets fired by guys you can't see
    AV Sniper weapon, whatever... it took a million hits to kill a tank

Even BFR's were balanced ok by the end
    • Up x 9
  19. SuBs

Utter nonsense. This game is already dead in the water, due to the fact that SOE refused to implement the vast majority of the most important lessons that they SHOULD have learned from PS1.

At the moment we have a cheap, directionless mess of a game, which feels like a shameful, upscaled knockoff of BF3. The art team has no idea what it's doing (crossbows, hockey masks) and the game has absolutely no sense of purpose or achievement, nor is there appreciable flow to the battles.

PS2 in its current state is a poorly designed mess. That's what you get when you develop your game in a year and a half and refuse to take lessons from the past.

Please, MORE PS1 influence, less BF3.
    • Up x 14
  20. Phazaar

The gameplay in PS1 was incredibly lacking compared to what we can now create. I'd love to see an EQUALLY DEEP tactical shooter come out of PS2, but I don't want PS1v2; let the dead horse lie. It was awesome and we loved it and we'll miss it sorely, like Pre-CU SWG, EVE's first year when anyone could be anything they wanted, Terraria when it was getting patched etc... But things have to progress; bringing back a prettier PS1 won't make it a commercial success, nor a fun game to play for 90% of the current playerbase. It -will- make it a ghost town the moment a new shooter comes out.