New patch: FANTASTIC!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, Mar 19, 2013.

1. FladFox

back in the day , devs would put patches onto a 'test server' which would get bunged up and would be fixed before it went out to the live servers. Brilliant those developers back then!
  2. SgtScum

The devs have always had a test server but its not public so they can't do the sort of mass testing that finds the things that only come out when it hits the live servers.

Apparently though they are in the process of building a public test server to start catching those types of bugs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wasdie

Anybody actually getting the best performance they had since launch with this last performance fix? I am.
  4. Assist

Hasn't improved for me. I'm far better in Warp Gates, I manage to hold 90-100 FPS but as soon as I get to an Amp Station or Bio Lab with Platoons I'm in the low 20's and high teens in FPS.
  5. ovakin

I have ATI card, never have any problem :eek:
  6. Fubbles

Still getting slightly worse FPS in low density areas than I did pre-GU4, horrendous FPS dips when near amp station or bio labs and slightly better frames @Platoon sized fights around towers/outposts away from large facilities (since GU4). Still had better FPS in all prior game updates. Since GU2 my FPS has been been going down with most patches/updates.
  7. Baleur

Typical DPRK propaganda. You're just jealous of South Koreas national sport.
  8. SgtScum

The performance hit happened when they extended the overall render range.

More stuff rendering is going to be an additional processing burden especially as its the net code that is causing the laggyness and not gpu performance.

If it was the gpu then looking at a wall in a biolag fight would jump up your fps but it stays about the same.
  9. sauna

Dunno what you guys are doing different, but the patch made very little difference for me. Even after trying high/low gfx, deleting useroptions.ini and then doing a fresh install. I still stutter like mad around Amp Stations/Tech Plants and hexes with alot of players in them.

After playing for 1h30mins or so I get huge fps drops everywhere basically and have to restart the client to keep from crashing my plane and be able to kill something with my Gauss Saw (heavy recoil is equally affected by low fps as with lots of flinch :( )

So if there's some secret to getting a smooth gameplay again, please do share :).
  10. Badname2490

How am I talking about myself...

OH THAT'S RIGHT I'M IN THE ENCLAVE AND EVERYONE IN THE ENCLAVE IS THE SAME HUEHUEHUE.

Jesus Christ, kid...you're ******* ******** oh man...my sides hurt laughing at your stupid ***....
  11. DanMan3395

Thats where I am 20-30 fps in mass zergs. I keep telling them to start my CPU on fire for all I care but they just keep tuning this game for broke people with core 2 duo's still.
  12. Being@RT

Depends how you define 'best'. I've got lower max fps than I used to, but better minimum fps. Which is a win in my books!
  13. SgtScum

I would be quite suprised if over 10% of the overall playerbase has a newer computer.

So lets not tune the game for the 90% that logs in and pays to keep the servers running and the devs fed. :rolleyes:

Unless of course you prefer ghost capping during peak on indar. :p
    • Up x 1
  14. DanMan3395

right, undoubtedly true but the fact that they need to severely throttle the game for them to be able to play just says that this game was not designed for them anyway. Its the oddity that is PS2. They make a game with a cutting edge engine that can do things not yet seen in the world of gaming than tune it for rigs built so long ago that such ideas were mere dreams at the time.

It's the paradox of PS2 that is truly sad.
  15. DanMan3395

Ummm, I like my neck beard. Why u H8?
  16. SgtScum

I fail to see how my rig that can run pretty much every new game out there with max or near max settings but chokes on ps2 during really large fights makes me somehow unfit for this game when even uberleet new builds are choking on the same fights?

Wut?:p

Btw my rig is a dinosaur by your standards but still gets a constant 60 fps everywhere but the really large fights when it can dip to as low as the 20's in a full on biolag to a quite managable 30~50 in a typical large base fight.

E6750, gtx560 superclocked, 4 gigs corsair platinum dual channel, samsung 840 pro ssd with two sataII wd caviar black hdd in raid 0 on win 7 x64.

This is the only game I play that even remotely has any performance issues.
  17. TheRev

Judging by your response I can see I was spot on. Enjoy those Doritoes and cross burnings.
    • Up x 1
  18. GraphicJ

Still stuttering horribly when I fly more than 10 minutes and over Amps, Bio Labs or semi contested areas.
  19. Zer0range

It seems more ridiculously bugged now than before the patch.
  20. FigM

I think we need in game /ping command
    it should work not as regular ping, but as a measure of server game logic processing response time, such as time for "fire gun" command