New patch: FANTASTIC!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Jeralamo

NO!!!! i still have super ****** FPS but only when i try to fly my scythe....:mad:
    In medium sized battle i get the slide show:eek:
    PLEASE HELP ME I BEG YOU!! :(
    everything else is GREAT except when i try flying my scythe. scything is my favorite thing.
    I cant dogfight at all i cant even lolpod people.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bill Hicks

WHY WONT THEY FIX THE DEPLOY AND COMPENSATOR BUG? TR AND VS CAN GET AWAY WITHOUT USING ATTACHMENTS BUT NC WEAPONS SUCK WITHOUT THEM.
    • Up x 1
  3. DanGadelha

I noticed a SMALL improvement... but welcomed. I'm ok playing with 30 fps... better than the 10-15 I was getting on big battles...

BUT

I noticed that changing my graphics from High to Medium have NO effect in fps at all...(even during "big battles) also, I restarted the client after every change too... just to make sure.

any reason for that?
  4. TheRev

Look at some of the playtime totals for people in your outfit then look at how long it's been out. Do the math then realize you are talking about yourself.
  5. Arenthas

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. PS2Freak

i think they should work hard further on optimization and dont stop here with this fix... get rid of other fps-lowering bugs. i am sure at weekend we again see all the threads about low fps.
  7. Xind

I wonder if the community said we're cool with the game right now, just work on optimization for the next month, would they listen?

Also...fix my mercy extended mag...
  8. Arenthas

True we haven't hit prime time yet
  9. jm20

Give the coders a performance bounty, find optimizations win cash money. Make it worth their while.
  10. hawken is better

Haven't really noticed that big of a difference (although I never really took a major performance hit to begin with). I'm getting about 120 fps in the VR arena, but I've yet to test out the performance during a full-fledged battle.
  11. Kristan

Well, still can't fly, but at least I'm finally able to do shenanigans with underbarell shotgun! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  12. Xonal

The graphics options in this game are pretty much all GPU based, only maybe a couple of them will have a limited effect on CPU. When you're in a big fight and you're CPU limited your graphics card isn't the one stressing out so is handling it's job fine - therefore it doesn't matter if you're on low or high, the cpu limitation is what is determining the FPS. However when you're at an empty warpgate or on an empty part of the map when it's just down to your GPU rendering the world around you and nothing else then you should see those graphics options display their appropiate FPS hit.
  13. UrMom306

oh god....stealth update!! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  14. Ghosty11

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  15. Ronin Oni

As noted above, Textures are all GPU bound.,... in big fights your throttle is your CPU...

so just turn down shadows and particle effects.

Honestly, seems to me that the UI is hogging the CPU

In any case... why be upset over running on high? o_O
  16. Ghosty11

Station Cash? :eek:
    • Up x 2
  17. Hatamoto

The UI is hogging the cpu and has been since release ... not sure they will ever do anything about that
    • Up x 1
  18. Ronin Oni

I think it's trying to track all relevant player activity for map icons etc that might be causing the problem, but I can't be entirely sure.
  19. Hatamoto

Ive been ******** about this for a LONG time :p welcome to the club
  20. irishroy

nothing really changed for me
    aaaaaand:

:eek:
    • Up x 1