FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. rhan101277

The human eye can't tell the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS. It most certainly is very playable.
  2. Beltway

I hear ya. Wish I knew bout this promotion I would of grabbed it
  3. PapaHoleNUrHead

Trust me....after going from 90+ down to ~30, you can most certainly tell a difference.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gary

Screenshots have gone a bit buggy and Turned Black when ever i take them :( no Ultra tonight apologies! Also i think the promotion is still on ;)

http://www.geforce.co.uk/landing-page/free-2-play

just buy card from a retailer that has it stated as a giving you the free 2 play bundle with the card :)
    • Up x 1
  5. MarlboroMan-E

my favorite dev. Keep up the good work, Cycles.
  6. Codai

Edit: Didn't notice devs are already on it! :rolleyes:

I take back what I said earlier about framerate being fine. It's horrid. Dropped to the 30-35 fps range in Allatum. Hands down the worst fps I've seen with this CPU. I even have shadows disabled and the fight was between medium and high in size.

I'm sorry my good man, but if you personally can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps you'll perish because you certainly didn't evolve. Be sure to take 2 seconds to read at least the results page of a google search before you type statements like facts.
  7. Wasdie

Definitely saw a drop, maybe not as dramatic as others but it's there. Went from 40-30 in battles to 30-20.

i7 3770k @ 4.2 ghz
    16 gb GDD3 RAM
    2x GTX 570 1.2 gb
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Latest Nvidia Beta drivers
    Custom ultra settings.
  8. Kookamunga

LOL,

Noticed it right inside the warp gate , when I first launched, feels sluggish. Almost feels like a server issue , too many people downloading and trying to play at the same time. maybe
  9. Kogmaw

My FPS only changed during big battles. In a mid sized fight i dont notice any change, but as soon as more people show, it takes a bat to the teeth and im just lagging around, making th game look like a power-point presentation (in my ESF, at least)
  10. Eric Smith

That's quite simply not true, especially when it comes to gaming where the frames don't incorporate motion blur the way TV or Movie frames do. A higher FPS in gaming can make the game feel a lot smoother.

However, I do have to say that 30-40fps is very playable considering that in battles I've never even hit 40fps, and usually hovered around 30fps. Come back here whining when your fps drops to 15 or below the way mine did with this update, now THAT'S unplayable.
  11. whj812

FPS Change Dramatically all around. I have been running with Physx enabled and most everything at the Ultra setting with no problems since the last time FPS was broken by the last patch. Went from a comfortable 50-70FPS to a staggering 10-30FPS at best. I have changed Useroptions back to defaults and lowered all quality to no avail.

Specs -

CPU - AMD FX 4100 - 4.5ghz(oc)
    RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengence
    SSD - intel 330 240GB
    Main Gfx - GTX 570 Superclocked
    Physx Gfx - GTS 250
  12. sagolsun

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604633
    http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Those are just static animations. When playing games you need to factor in the lag between input and rendering. It becomes very noticeable, which is why 120hZ monitors are popular.

The threshold of human vision is around 300fps. The visual cortex can be overclocked with amphetamines for example, at which point the differences in framerate are much more apparent.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dreamspell

I sure can tell the difference in games, and can even be observed here: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

EDIT: Beaten to the punch ^
  14. Rivenshield

Quad AMD CPU here -- Jee-zus it's terrible. Went from upper teens (playable) to utterly *unplayable* in a mid-sized battle. Like two-three-four FPS slideshow. I couldn't even accomplish anything as a medic.

It was like being in beta all over again....
  15. sadnhappy

Am I really the only one whose FPS .. Improved? Can't be. Well atleast it didn't decline one bit, I'm serious here. I'm not noticing ANY, atleast worse, difference in my FPS. I'm also seeing a lot better render distance from far away, I've never seen tanks and MAXes from so far before. Here's my system specs and more info of what I did:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    AMD Radeon Sapphire 7870 (Newest 13.2 beta driver if I recall correctly)
    8GB RAM

First I downloaded the patch, then removed these files:

(I am not resposible for any inconvinience / errors you might have from removing these). I did, it worked.

REMEMBER to backup your UserSettings.ini before you delete it!

InputProfile_Default
    InputProfile_User
    LaunchPad-user
    LoadingScreen
    Planetside2.exe
    SoundSettings
    UserOptions
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

These files I know from an old admin/dev post where a user was having troubles with a new patch and so on. So first I removed these and tried with the default Medium settings (4000 render distance). I got 50-70 in Warpgate, depending where I looked. 30-40 in small battle, 50-60 when flying. No stutter! In any vehicle. Also no noticeable FPS lag whatsoever.

Then I implemented my usual UserOptions configuration which has these modified lines:

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=2
    TextureQuality=2
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1400.000000
    Gamma=1.000000
    MaximumFPS=100
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=3
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=2
    TerrainQuality=0
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=2
    ParticleLOD=1
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=0
    VerticalFOV=74

[Sound]
    MaxVoices=60
    SampleRate=16000

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=Off

The MaxVoices and SampleRate does really good FPS boost for my machine atleast. Now I'm getting 90-100FPS at Warpgate depending on where I look, 50-70 when flying, 40-50 in quite small battle (max 50 people). There really wasn't a lot of fighting going on in Miller so I couldnt test the bigger battles. I'm extremely hopeful since with just small tweaks here and there from SOE I might possibly have a really, really great FPS in this game, finally. :)

Don't give up hope people, it's a great patch with a lot of good in it.

SOE: Performance, performance, performance.
    We can't run until we learn how to walk.

Cheers, sadn.
  16. Lambchopz

Yup. Was averaging around 35-40 FPS minimum in large fights before, running everything @ high (1920x1080 res), with Ambient Occlusion off.

Right now I'm lucky if I get over 30 in medium fights, drops as low as 20-25 in the largest. Haven't had a dip like this since the game was released.

CPU: i7-2600 (3.4 ghz)
    GPU: GTX-660
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 7 64 Home Premium
  17. Rebu

Unplayable at 30-40 FPS?? You sir must really have some problems. I play at 10-30 fps just fine.
  18. Kastrenzo

I don't know why people think drastically lowering their settings will change anything, it never has before
    I also don't know why people think having to change your settings from ultra to low is Acceptable in the first place

SOE released a broken patch, that's all. wait until they fix it 1-3 hotfixes later. Until then deal with it, or find something else to do,

I'm doing the latter
  19. Taloc

Just wanted to put in my two cents, Doing the same to me, was great before and I did try all the tricks.
  20. Lafri

>I play at 10-30 fps just fine.
    >10-30 fps just fine.
    >10-30 fps
    Hurrdurr bow to my 1999 state of the art voodoo3 gfx!