Please stop calling the Scatmax OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BH Brigade, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Rown

Actually I just did thanks to the VR room. I was wrong when I said scat maxes are as effective as VS ones, actually I can kill dummies at the back of the firing range faster with a scatmax with slugs than with a cosmos VS max.
    • Up x 1
  2. Purg

If you have to resort to manufacturing an engagement to then claim the NC MAX is OP, aren't you working just a little too hard to prove it? The outcome of that fight comes down to a big fat - depends.

Here's 2 VS MAX holding off a larger force that contained more than 2 NC MAX.

Yet we'll say it doesn't count because you can only see the odd engineer repairing the NC MAX that's at the door, and since we can't see through walls (well, at least in that video), we'll just assume there's no support outside for the NC MAX so we can completely disregard it.
  3. MasterTater

I will STOP Calling it OP when it got nerfed cause its completely broken overpowered.

Enough threads out there and even the devs talk about a complete revamp of Max units as especially NC Maxes are completely broken OP.

So your freakin lies that TR/VS are just too stupid to hold ground against a Scattermax which one shoots every infantrist and 3 shoot every enemy max are rediculously reytarded - only idiots continue refusing the truth while everyone else is already laughing their shameless stupidity.

=> Nerf NC Scattermax or make the MAX SHOOTGUNS common pool.
  4. Purg

I couldn't with the Mercies and I've got about 120 hours of use with slugs. The Mercy was far more effective than slugs.

Mind taking a video of your slug use?
  5. Purg

1 shots every infantry and 3 shots a MAX. The only people laughing are those that have actually used the NC MAX - they're laughing at your complete ignorance of it.
  6. Soundmonitor

Im sure you watched this vid on utube tell me what you see at 5m 10m 15m

Now you will see that the CQC king is...
  7. -Synapse-

The NCs arguments to claim their max isn't OP are getting more and more desperate. First it was that they aren't good at anything else, then it was that they had nothing else going for their faction, and now their trying to say that the other two factions just aren't smart enough to kill them.
    Were does it end!?
    • Up x 2
  8. Purg

I'm not sure what you're seeing but it's patently obvious it's not what I'm seeing.

The CQC king is the one with the shotgun. The apparent faction trait even though it doesn't seem to flow into many of our other weapons.

What I see is that at 10m, the TR MAX has a theoretical DPS advantage on an NC MAX when you factor in the two things that significantly reduce the NC MAX's CQC ability. Mag size and reload time. I didn't see it 3 shot killing a MAX, even at 5m!

What do you see?
  9. Soundmonitor

when you're in a biolab its rare that you are 10M+ from your target, also at 5M the NC max took minimal damage from the TR max. Again I say this when you see a TR max running around trying to kill people from over 10m is a ******.

How far are you when you are defending a point in a biolab or even on a point that has multiple choke points, it is clear that when you are defending or on the offense at a satelite or points the NC MAX rules while the other maxes will not stand a chance. MAX's are made to hold points nothing more then 5M, after 5M they are just a walking target no matter what max you use.
  10. Purg

I wish I could find the video that has the render distance dropped down to *15* meters - and how large cap points and the shield generator room looks to an NC MAX. It's pretty obvious to me you've never used an NC MAX. Seriously, go to the VR Training room - play with some of the weapons. Shoot at things that are 15m+ away and see how many shots it really takes. I'd be screaming OP like you would be if I had the same impression of the NC MAX killing ability you clearly do.

I don't sit on any points or any doors in a Bio Lab. Got tired of being killed by things I couldn't see coming, given that there are so many entry points into any room in a Bio Lab and people are starting to use tactical nades. I use slugs, I choose the engagement ranges instead of having them dictated to me. If I need to go to a cap point, I will. Not interested in camping it.

Take cap point A for example. 5 entry points and an elevator. If I sit within 10m of one of those entry points, I can be flanked 6 different ways. An LA with a single brick of C4 can also go through windows which can provide another 2 entry points - don't know how accurate C4 is thrown through a window (hope it's like a nade) which could make it even worse. 1 brick of C4 anywhere near me, dead MAX.
  11. NinjaTurtle

No because I didn't call it overpowered I called it a strength. The VS and TR have strengths as well that the NC does not have, superior vehicles for example.
  12. Soundmonitor

You dont get it when you are in a organized squad/platoon you will always have people watching your back. When you have full support in CQC with a NC MAX it is OP compared to the other MAX's. The amount of burst the NC MAX dishes out within the 5m-10m range which is the norm in CQC will out preform the TR/VR variance. Once an organized NC Squad/Platoon with SCATMAXES has control of a room its 100% times harder to remove them from that point you get it? IT's not impossible but it takes more resources and manpower to do it. It's a complete joke when NC has to take out a TR/VS Squad/Platoon with the same team layout.
    • Up x 1
  13. AuntLou42

• Up x 2
  14. Dagonlives

Overpowered. What a scatterMAX can do is not reproducible for the other factions.
    • Up x 1
  15. Purg

You don't get it. Go to the VR room. Grab a ScatMAX and shoot something at 10-15m. Then go to TR, grab a Dual Mercy and shoot something at 10-15m. You'd need to break it down to frame by frame to determine which one actually kills faster - then you've still got a boatload of ammo left on the TR and maybe 5 more shots on the NC. Repeat at 20m. Look how quickly the ScatMAX effective range falls off. TR MAX can still rip into infantry though. If I was to ask you which is the better in CQC, the MAX that can kill 3 enemy or the MAX that can kill 7? Goes both ways.

The fact that I have to get close to infantry in order to kill them is also a disadvantage - well, against any infantry that use the thing between their ears and not expect to walk up 1v1 to a MAX, lose then come to the forums for a massive sook. Tactical nades, tank mines, C4, rockets - these are the things that cause my death the most and are far easier to deploy on me when I have to be close to you to kill you.
  16. The Milk Man

Here's the real problem. All of the bases in this game are made for very tight close quarters. Bio labs, bases, buildings with stairs. The NC MAX dominates all of that. The TR and VS MAX can't be effective out in a open field because they aren't for long ranges. Not of that bull sh-t that VS MAX is long range, I've never been killed by one from far away.

So the TR and VS Max are forced into the tight bases. Tight bases are very easy for the NC to defend because they can literally just have NC maxes camp with engis and medics. NC maxes can instantly kill up close and is therefore easy to spawn camp. If I c4 a NC MAX, it can just be revived or the user can just get a new one out since he's probably been alive for a while.

The TR and VS Max on the other hand are great, but are not as effective as the TR and VS MAX.

The argument that TR and VS Max dominate a NC MAX at range is invalid. NC MAXES are always in close quarters due to base design. The teleporter rooms for the bio labs literally have the spawn right next to a door that a NC MAX can camp. That is very poor design.

The argument that concussion grenades flash grenades can disable a NC MAX is also not useful because they can still fire their shotguns. They simply have to move a inch to look through the door where the teleporter room is next to and fire. Also note that they have tons of medics and engineers to revive and heal them. These infantry can also just shoot at the person who is trying so desperately to kill that NC MAX.

Yes the TR and VS maxes are still great at farming infantry, but the NC Max is the overall winner because they can take down a enemy faster and therefore can reduce the amount of damage or even kill them before they can do damage. The close quarters base design also makes it so that the NC MAX dominates always.

Please reply nicely if you want to try to disprove my arguments.
    • Up x 2
  17. Purg

Whoa - this old chestnut.

10 times more ESF's are pulled and NC score least points. 15 times more MBT's are pulled and NC score the least amount of points. Now I see the problem - NC isn't last in MAX as well. LET'S NERF IT!!!
  18. Bape

You forgot that due to the nc max range he is only useful in CQC combat meaning he must get close to his target which also means GREATER the risk. He will be vulnerable to rockets,c4,mines, guns etc while TR/VS can keep distance avoiding 80% of these problems a NC max has to worry about them. Yes he can instagib but when there is more then 2 infantry he will have a problem. When i run a max i have to be paranoid always looking up behind me and when I do I always see a LA dropping a c4 or a HA ready to throw a rocket my way. Don't get me wrong VS/TR maxes need a buff in RoF but when it comes down to Max VS Infantry they should be instagibbed the REAL problem is MAX vs MAX not infantry dieng fast to 2 dam shotguns.
  19. Purg

Look at any room - multiple entrances and many with windows. Take a look at the effective killing range of an NC MAX. 1 dual shot at about 8m - did some testing at 10m and most of the time I required a second shot (and this is on BR1 uncerted infantry and HA's not utilising a shield). Two shots is a big deal when you only get 7. Look at how many places these rooms allow an NC MAX to be within 10m of all entrances. I can't think of a single one.
  20. Kroova

If it were up to me (and I play TR), I would leave the NC MAX as it is....

Yeah it is a beast in CQC, and that makes it an excellent example of what faction unique traits should look like.

Imo, SOE should try to further define pros and cons between the individual factions so that each faction has a few easily rocognizable strengths in different combat situations as well as obvious weaknesses.

Keep the NC MAX as the king of CQC, but give the TR and VS MAXs something else (e.g. make them more effective at medium to long ranges). Hopefully factions specific MAX abilities will carve out definite roles for each MAX (i.e. each MAX will be clearly superior in some situation like the NC MAX is in many CQC situations).
    • Up x 1