State of GU04 Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Higby Developer

Hey all –

We’re currently set to release GU04 tomorrow morning at 6am PST.As always there is a chance that some issues could be found in the next few hours that would cause us to delay the update, but as of right now it’s looking like a “GO”.

GU04 is one of our biggest updates so far on Planetside 2 (seriously, the patch notes doc is 9 pages long!) and will have a huge number of new additions, game tuning and bug fixes including highlights like:

• A brand new VR Training area, a place to try out every weapon, cert and vehicle in the game risk free
    • Flash Update which brings a new rumble seat, wraith module and the new S12 Renegade shotgun
    • New Respawn / Map interface
    • New drag-and-drop functionality on the platoon management window
    • Balancing of reserve ammo on infantry weapons
    • Tuning of AOE damage
    • Increased rewards for vehicle destruction
    • All new tower ground floor design
    • Warpgate rotations
    • Increases to passive cert gain for members as well as new member status panel
    • TONS o’ bug fixes

There are a couple notable features that are not on the list that I want to give an update on:

• The Account Level Unlocks are extremely complex and important feature – the most popular feature we’ve had on the Roadmap thus far. Obviously it is a feature that is critical for us to get absolutely right. The potential for any changes to the how our player inventory system works to cause problems with your hard earned items means that we’re being exceptionally cautious with the rollout. Our plan right now is to release the Account Level Unlocks feature 1 week from GU04 release as long as we don’t run into any major hiccups in testing. We know you’ve been waiting for this feature and we’re sorry for the delay, but we hope that you understand the reasons for being cautious here.
    • We are still working on tuning and balancing for Empire Specific Rocket Launchers and don’t feel comfortable unlocking them quite yet, as soon as we feel like they’re ready to go we’ll be putting them up for you guys.

We’re really excited to get GU04 out to you guys and we’re confident the wait has been worth it!

-
    mh
    • Up x 56
  2. doombro

IT'S HAPPENING
    • Up x 4
  3. DuckSauce

4. TheEvilBlight

oh mah gerd.
    • Up x 3
  5. Sieve

GET HYPE
  6. WalrusJones

Mongol flashes are soon to be here!

Let the juices flow! Come to me Tessellated Toad!
    • Up x 6
  7. Kon

nice, BUT why not unlock them for VR training only, that way people can give you mass feedback about them and make sure they arent broken before they go live!!!

Potential for VR training to be used as a sudo test server to test and balance new weapons just before they go live!, this is of course until there's a test server then blam real issues can be fixed
    • Up x 16
  8. StormStrafe

"Balancing of reserve ammo on infantry weapons"

Hooray, does that mean I don't have to worry about my Light Assault carrying 12 more shells with the Sweeper than my Heavy Assault does with the Jackhammer?
    • Up x 1
  9. Sedisp

There's that word again.

What do you mean by "tuning" did you just globally nerf every vehicle weapon or did you actually decide to do it on an individual level?
  10. bonk

Could you release the faction specific launchers to VR even if they are going to change? It would be fun to try them out anyways
    • Up x 5
  11. Tsurupettan

Awww yet another week or more of waiting to get back into the game.

Also still no physx...
  12. Radec594

Oh, so you're doing the map/respawn redesign immediately? I thought it was listed as March in the roadmap; but hey, not complaining here and after all it is March, if it's done then let it roll :)
  13. WalrusJones

Clearly on the individual level.

Otherwise, they would have said "All vehicle splash will be nerfed" again.

They wouldn't nerf the marauder, or fury.
  14. Ranik

I have a feeling this is going to be hilarious in combination with the already short TTK of Vehicles and the down the line ES AV release.

I hate to give you grief Higby, but you guys are still balancing around the problem rather than addressing it.
    • Up x 4
  15. vulkkan

Balancing infantry ammo reserves? Does this mean less ammo for TR or more for VS/NC?
  16. Badgered

Patch notes please!
    • Up x 3
  17. Dusty Lens

Hot dog we're finally getting that snow cone machine! I just know it!

Also I bet Higby was sitting on this until after the Reachcast was recorded. Tsk sir!
  18. Kon

i see someone else agrees it would be awesome! slap a BETA tag on the weapon so everyone knows they will change drastically next week
    • Up x 3
  19. Kon

im hoping personally to finish mocking up my ideas for tunnels and biolab fights , i want to make it so noone sit in the spawn / teleporter room shooting out, it will not be possible. ive got my layout of the teleporter room done ( albeit badly) and now just sketching out variations of tunnels. im hoping its well received, some of the PSU guys think it could work!
  20. HeavyMetalWarrior

I'm feeling a little dissapointed for account unlocks not being released tomorrow.

But you cannot have it all, can you?

And I bet tommorow will have tons of threads with people complaining about this particular feature not going online with the patch...

Brace yourselves... The ****storm of whines is comming...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.