Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Playbizzle

Think i figured it out,

I have a level 75 character on Jaguer that was merged to Waterson, Vanu, Playbizzle for anyone that might know me i was 14th place on the leader board before the merge. This is the character that i have all these problems with. I decided to create a new character on Waterson same server different faction TR. Turns out the game runs great no problems at all been playing for hours now and no hiccups, all on the same computer and internet connection. So my question to everyone on here having this problem Are you all from the Jaguer server?

P.S. The TR are way more OP then i thought they were!
    • Up x 1
  2. Zakuak

Hey Bizzle!
    Yes I was/am from Jaeger. This is very interesting.
    So you created a new character and it worked fine, Loading Bizzle back in and the issue returns? W.T.H. lol

Haha, yeah I created a TR on Connery on saturday because I was having the bug so bad with my NC Waterson toon. TR HA sure was a walk in the park compared to my NC HA, takes a few more bullets but good lord it is easy to put them on target. I'll keep to my NC though =).

Oh EDIT:
    This may sound odd. But you guys with Gigabyte Mobo's...if you do not have Easytune installed....its possible the mobo is still using those monitoring parameters behind the scenes. Maybe install Easytune and then go into easytunes settings and disable all the monitoring stuff? Just throwing that out there. As frustrating as the bug is I know I'd give it a try if I had a GB mobo, couldn't hurt and worst case you just un-install Easy tune.
    • Up x 1
  3. MarlboroMan-E

So turns out I don't have AI Suite, so I couldn't disable anything, but I playes for about 2 hours last night and did not encounter this bug.
  4. TintaBux

I sometimes have problem with enemies not receiving damage sometimes.
  5. cylon8

i'm still having the bug and get nowhere with tech support after i tell them i am not overclocked
  6. NyngVerek

As others suggested, I am going to try deleting EasyTune (Gigabyte board users) from my system tray. A couple people mentioning that this is a fix in the "Desync" thread. Fingers crossed. I am a bit put off by Customer Support's lack of attention to this issue, bit of fail.

7. Calador

I am also having same problem. Will try without Easy Tune, this tool crashes anyway on a regular basis. Hope that helps.
  8. Playbizzle

I have not tried my original character yet with the problems i was having. All night i played the new character on the same server and did not have this problem once. I will be logging on to my first character now and see if the problem still persist. I recommend to never install EasyTune 6 your pc will never run right after that. Even a uninstall will not fix it, Had to reformat everytime after installing Easytune in the past and will never install it again. Had bad experiences with it when i first built this machine trust me do not install took me a while before i figured out what was causing problems on my machine!

It is unreal how over powered the TR are compared to the Vanu. The tanks alone are better in every way possible, and i thought not much bullet drop was a Vanu specialty but yet the TR tanks have way less bullet drop then Vanu tanks. Its not even a guestion of being op there is no doubt about it playing both factions will blow your mind on the differences! Its almost like TR are favored in everyway from the weapons to even the music for there faction lol sounds stupid i know but try for yourself. I think its quite obvious the head honcho of this game is for sure a Terran Republic.
  9. Playbizzle

10. SilverSnipe009

I posted another thread about this assuming it was a new issue as I was not having any until Mar 1 when the hotfix and server merge occurred. Add me to the list of affected people as well. This is a repeat message from another thread, hopefully it will get read by the Devs "Fingers Crossed" ***Expects Nothing***

I can say one thing for certain, removing any easytune or overclock is not going to assist in the resolution of this issue at this time. I had my CPU overclocked by 25% before GU2 with only 1-2 random flying people a session (2 hours +). The people flying were in fact the ones experiencing desync issues.

Since this issue has occurred I have done the following,
    1.) Remove a list of games and Validate Assets
    2.) Uninstall C++ Redist 2010 64/32 bit & Reinstall the pack
    3.) Reinstalled DirectX 9.0c SDK from June 2010
    4.) Resintalled Planetside 2
    5.) Adjusted all GPU and Game Settings
    6.) Created a new character on an unaffected by merge server
    7.) Created another account with new character
    8.) Reformatted my Hard Drive and Reinstalled windows
    9.) Turned windows firewall / defender settings off/on

Currently the only things I have installed are windows components and Planetside 2, with all updates applicable including the most recent drivers. The issue persists. The below is my current setup of hardware,

I7 920 (2.33 Ghz quad core) when overclocked before (3.4 Ghz)
    12 Gbs DDR3 tri-channel
    2 TB Hard Drive
    Geforce GTX 570
    Wired Connection (SpeedTest.net: 9ms:30Mbs Down: 1 Mbs Up) though a CISCO Linksys router
    ISP: Teksavy Solutions Inc

This is clearly not a personal network related issue from the numbers above as well as the magnitude of ISP's that are effected. I hope this information helps to fix this issue. I have been in contact with S.O.E. to have my membership frozen as not to waste any more time with an unstable client/server. I suggest anyone paying for a subscription do the same,
  11. Eldenmoor

uninstalling easytune made it so that I could play for hours instead of 10 minutes, but I just got the no damage bug after many hours of play, so it is not gone completely, just rare for me now instead of guaranteed.
  12. Cloner

Same boat here, after the server merge having issues with guns not doing any damage. Seems I would get a random lag-spike and that's it no more outgoing damage. It goes as far as grenades and claymores do not explode and inf censor dart does not pulse. I found I can still knife people sometimes. No correlation to when I get the spike. Had no issue prior to merge, had no hardware or software changes made. 8 in game trouble tickets, a chat with online support and post on 4 other related threads... good job SOE.
  13. SilverSnipe009

I have made, I guess "some" progress in eliminating the issue on my end. Have hard set setting in my bios and have not had this issue, however now instead of having to log out the game just stops responding after around 30 minutes. I've read a few other posts regarding this and think it's physx that is crashing , will disable it and test again if the problem is solved ill notify everyone on how I solved this with details.
  14. Kogmaw

Been having this complication since GU3. Along with random screen strobe-lights (from in-game to white screen at a high rate)
    The "no damage" usually hits after 10mins of play, and might go away for a few minutes at random intervals.
    Please try to fix this as soon as possible, this is absolutely ruining the game for me.

Thanks
  15. stargaterulz

I was having this problem days on end, i initially thought it was my internet connection, as it has been raining here for 3 weeks almost without stopping and my internet starts to play up normally after the first week. looking on the forums i devised a few methods that i tried to fix the situation.
    I first limited Planetside 2 to only using 1 or 2 cores, it would max those cores out, giving me a slight drop in FPS also, i didn't like that one bit, this allowed me about 30 minutes of game play instead of the few minutes i was getting.
    I next went into bios and turned off the boost side of the processor. this had no result what so ever. but i realised that easytune was also causing a boost on the cores. after closing that i have had no problem with planetside 2. but i have had to leave the boost option in the bios turn off.
  16. Playbizzle

Been dealing with the same thing almost everything you have done besides reformat. I even defaulted my overclock to satisfy the customer service rep. There is no question to this being on there end and not our machines, but for some reason they keep implying that it is our machines. After everything i done and talked about threw tickets, chat, and phone they still want me to send them snap shots of my sytem and what i am running. I do believe they are working hard on this to try to resolve and there honest about not having any idea at all to what is causing this. I am afraid this is what Planetside 2 downfall is going to be! I have seen this happen to other games in the past and it is a shame because this is by far one of the best fp's i have played. Not to mention all the time i put into this game since day 1 and the money i invested is quite a lot! Now iam basically screwed out of everthing i put into it :(

I CAN SAY ONE THING SOE IT WAS THE SECOND PATCH THAT STARTED THIS. FOR ME IT WASNT BAD ONLY HAPPENED A COUPLE TIMES OUT OF DAYS OF PLAY TIME. THE SERVER MERGE ONLY MADE IT WORSE AND NOW IT IS NON STOP AND UNPLAYABLE. WHATEVER YOUR LOOKING FOR IS SOMETHING YOU CHANGED IN THE SECOND PATCH!
  17. sesho

I had the same problem, I just closed the easytune 6 and it worked again!
  18. ShinyAfrox

1. Who is your ISP? Internode - Australia
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? Asus RT-N66U
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? DSL (ADSL2+ Reach)
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? No
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? from the wall socket/filter through a bridged modem (TP-Link TD-8817) to my router (RT-N66U) then to my PC

Some bullets damage, most don't. I can still get a 1+ K:Dr though.
    I am on Briggs AU.
  19. MarlboroMan-E

Logged in for a few minutes before work this morning, problem is back for me. Which is odd, cause it didn't happen Monday night. I do notice that when I log out my mouse is all wonky ... maybe while the CPU is unscrewing itself? Dunno. Anyway, definitely still a problem.
  20. NyngVerek

I solved the problem by deleting EasyTune from my system tray. Thanks to the community for debugging this. Po Po on tech support for no nades.