Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q141

membership as in premium membership?
  2. MarlboroMan-E

Man, you really need to stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. Go read about Chechnya, and the 67 and 73 Arab israeli wars, then check out the battle of 73 easting. Then read about how the israeli tanks got beat up driving into bad terrain in the second lebanon war.
    • Up x 1
  3. Draxo

Ah, sounds like being a premium member will finally be worth it.
  4. Sedisp

Do you see the word "rarely" in there.

For the second Lebanon war out of the fifty something tanks that were damaged (in any way shape or form) ninety percent of the damage was from anti tank missiles.

Again obviously no one likes to take tanks into an urban environment. But when they do its to present a box of hilarious amounts of death to the enemy.

After all you don't respawn so suppressing fire from something that can level a house makes one a little bit more cautious about drawing attention to ones self.

During Iraq it got so silly that you'd often have insurgents just fleeing the second an Abrams was put into the mix.

Edit: Wait a minutes Easting, Golan heights, I think 67 is the six days war...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Tank_Battles

I see what you did there.
  5. LazyGeeman

Right so all of this stuff is awesome and Im really looking forward to it all.

One question though, with the account level unlocks will some of the obvious similar role weapons be included, for instance If I had the NC Vortex Rotary for the Reaver will I then have the Hailstorm for the Vanu or If I had the NC AP tank cannon would I have it on my TR character but for the Prowler?
  6. Vanyaeli

In regards to deciding on what happens to people who bought a weapon multiple times, it's simple. Just give them the SC back so we can spend it on your other delicious goodies. Nobody loses out, you keep the cash and we get a sweet new toy to play with :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Drakonian

everyone complaining about vehicles I dont understand you should not be able to take out a MBT by yourself no matter how good you think you are it is a tank and you are on foot. tanks air craft they all look at infantry as a snack it takes at least a squad to take out a tank anywhere in the world. Higby and cohorts seem to be making this game into a large counterstrike game, if you are going to nerf the vehicles and give infantry so many options to kill them to the point that they are now rapidly becoming rather useless why have them in the game at all.
  8. Warnarl

I like a lot of the new stuff and changes to the game from this patch preview. But I do have some issues with these particular changes:
    1. Does the explosion damage radius decrease include the Dalton for the Lib? Because if it does it just made that gun next to useless. Its already hard to hit a target with and that gun does not do as much damage as 4-5 hits from a zepher gun. This gun should not get the damage radius reduction but a damage increase. Especially to sunderers which have their own AA now so they no longer need to be that tough in defense to counter air.

2. HE/Heat should kill a infantry IF the shell hits them directly. You can not convince me that a 120mm can not kill a person if it hits that person spot on! The only infantry that can do that are heaveys and maxes or upgraded infantry with flak armor. If the shell misses and explodes nearby and the infantry is in that explosion radius at max health, then yes I agree that they should survive. Just not when the shell hits their body directly.

I like the edited ones put in though. That torque buff will be nice!:)
  9. Osiris371

Don't forget the Gulf war. A large part of which was air power admittedly, it was also made a whole lot easier with the Chally and Abrams being about to out range and out gun the iraqis tanks.
  10. Osiris371

Tell that to any infantryman that packs a javelin missile launcher, or an man-portable launcher with a shaped charge warhead.

Anyway we are all digressing. I believe the Prowler did need to be adjusted so that each shot wasn't pretty much a splash damage insta-kill. And I was trying to point out to the guy that the various ground forces in the game should be more inter-dependant on each other.
    • Up x 1
  11. Badname3073

So, what about the second instalment of pump-action shotguns? I doubt we need more riot shotguns, how about longer barrel and some assortment of chokes?
  12. Being@RT

That's only because the 50% infiltrators don't die as much and stay in the rear, sniping away.
  13. iller

Yes we do need it. Shell hulls are already HUGE, if you can't hit an A-D-A-D'ing infantry player with them then you definitely don't deserve to be killing them with the currently massive splash AOE's
  14. -a4-

My interpretation:
    • All vehicle (MBT, Lightning, Flash, Sunderer, ESF, Liberator, Galaxy) equipped with explosive weapons will have a smaller explosive radius but will still be able to one-shot infantry with a direct hit (assuming said infantry is not a Max or Heavy with shield up) EXCEPT the Prowler which will require 2 direct hits.
    So the "Nerf Prowler" whiners won that one. What's the next target for being made inefective? I bet it isn't Annihilater or Mana turrets that can fire from outside render difference, or C4 suiciders who can destroy a timered vehicle (which costs resources) every 20 seconds.
  15. Vortok

Great to hear friendly troop activity is planned to be added to the map. The absence of that feature has honestly caused me to log out and stop playing dozens of times. Only knowing where to go to get destroyed by an enemy platoon just wasn't cutting it when trying to reach a desired fun level.

Tank movement tweaks sound good. Should be interesting to see what level of compromise is struck.

The account unlocks sound kinda weird due to the common pool vs faction specific.... so basically it's for vehicle weapons as almost every infantry weapon is faction specific.
  16. TomoB

Yeah, buy stuff with SC and get ******** of certs too. Maybe even add PREMIUM PLAYER tag for paying customers just to annoy poor people while they watch their death screen :rolleyes:
  17. cc2001

The Dalton already feels lacking since it was changed. With this explosive radius change, I'd like to see it get its accuracy back and weird drop removed. It'd be more like an AV/AP weapon then which would be just fine.
  18. NEWSKIS

To all the people complaining about the empire specific AV weapons, you need to stop acting like the sky is falling when no specific details were released like fire rate, damage, projectile speed. For the Phoenix, if it turns slowly you wont be able to hit things behind cover. If its like PS1, it will take 4+ missiles to kill an infantry.

So overall, wait till more details come out before complaining that x new item will ruin the entire game.
  19. Takoita

Please no heresy here! From what do you think Halo riped off that thing?
  20. Tasogie

Sigh, so not only will rocket pods be nerfed even more than they are already. Now we have a Tank which is 50x the size of a human, can not kill said human with a shell as big as him.... How exactly does that work :(. With one stroke SOE has shown the forum warriors that it pays to just spam demands for nerfs, an they will get them.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.