Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Bear

For what it's worth, last night the TR on Waterson was the least populated faction. During prime time we were down almost 20% to the NC and were down 2% to the VS. We were warpgated on Amerish, had about 20% of Esamir and were fighting frantically to keep from being warpgated on Indar.

I did see a BRIT tag last night but it was a single player. A month ago you'd see hundreds of them. Based on what I hear, Jaeger has a big NC population. Combining that with the DVS and DREV outfits on Waterson and it appears that the NC will lead the population by a large margin.
  2. TintaBux

It's obvious woodman needs more attention but....

Miller is okay yes, but as stated two outfits on there will move to the bigger EU servers now. The problem is Miller is the biggest in EU (And 1st/2nd largest in PS2) But after the server merges it will be one of the least populated servers on PS2, and that means people on Miller, will want to do transfers to the bigger EU servers, so it will become less populated because naturally bigger servers attract more people and wit h at least two outfits moving along you can expect Miller to suffer in the future.

Okay maybe not Miller/Woodman merge but they have merged the EU servers the wrong way round and now there' allot of angry people on Miller & Woodman, because now these servers and players are going to suffer in the future.

Miller is more medium populated at prime time, I predict it will become low populated when server transfers open. One of the outfits has over 1000 people, and lets say at least half of them move (500) you can see where Miller is going.

Miller never has this now, mostly all Indar, some nice fights Esamir sometimes but mostly not, all happening on Indar mostly.
  3. PaladinZERO

I have a NC alt on Waterson where I am getting moved into. Can I move it for free to the other east coast server? I am not going to pay for it.
  4. Shadestorm

Awesome, glad this is happening. I have a NC on Waterson and VS on Jaeger. Will there be a cooldown on switching between them?
  5. PaladinZERO

How about the combined Jeager and Waterson server be name Jeager, which is a much cooler name.
    • Up x 2
  6. MittRackRObama

I second this. Honestly, VREV and BOG are going to have their hands full. If my outfit VREV and BOG can co-ordinate with BJTC we might just be able to hold Amerish consistently. MIGHT. I'm really not feeling this, other than the fact I get the opportunity to fill Total Biscuits head in with space lasers!
  7. MittRackRObama

Come join VREV add to our strong player based and community, bring your friends and smaller outfits with you. We're gonna need to work together to defeat this TR!

MittrackRobama on Jaeger. Friend me.
  8. MittRackRObama

It goes like this VS 27% TR 36% NC 37% Grrrreeeeeat. Awesome. Let's make TR bigger. So what then at the very best we're pulling VS 24% TR 41% NC 35% This is not a server merge, it's a Vanu slaughter. Say what you will about how you slaughter us, it's all smack talk and not the point of why I'm writing this.

VS Pros - More XP due to population bonus, bigger fights more targets to shoot at, bigger challenges

VS Cons - TR mindless TRAFF zergs accompanied by 300 more mosquitos, NC will look for the easy fight not the hard one (as always), VS will still get teamed up on by NC and TR on a regular basis.

One more pro? VS still will hold a continent or two quite often (not indar) and the players who play VS will develop a stronger skillset FASTER than the zerg players of TR and NC.
    • Up x 1
  9. MittRackRObama

Dude we've got a Total Biscuit zerg incoming. You might be unde-represented, but we're about to face a 2-1 TR advantage... not to mention the 1.2-1 Nc advantage that already exists. Balanced servers have at peak hours a 2-1 disadvantage for each faction. For VS on Jaeger, it's going to change to 3-1 or likely even higher given the influx of a TR heavy server combined with a merge with another TR heavy server. We're friggin screwed.

Under-represented is nothing compared to the zerg coming at us. But hey, when life gives you lemons... pull out a Burster Max.
  10. KripTed

aww don't change the name of SolTech, its a cooler name then Matherson. most ppl who chose SolTech, chose it because the name is cool.
    • Up x 3
  11. turtlestation

I know I'm beating a dead horse (hopefully it's not for SOE), but these server merges will probably kill Connery.

As of right now, Connery is the 3rd or 4th most active server in PS2. Once Helios and Genudine merge, it will be a larger server than Connery, and Connery will be relegated to the 7th largest server out of 9 servers once merges are complete. This really sucks and I can't see a promising future for this server unless SOE does something. VS is quite weak on numbers on Connery, but TR have some great outfits like TRG and the largest NC outfit in PS2 is here, too. Really don't understand why we aren't getting any love still... :(
    • Up x 2
  12. TintaBux

Miller will be going downhill as well. When server transfers happen guys from Miller, Connery, Woodman etc will be moving to the higher populated servers, then we going to get lower populated servers again, but at least some will have high populations.
  13. Choggo

Also in disbelief that Connery is not part of the list, and I can tell you if it doesn't get a merge, when transfers go live Connery will become a ghost town, as people jump ship.

I'm so tired of playing on Indar, but I have no other choice since Esamir and Amerish are empty. When Smed first did the tweet about the merge I got really excited, and...boom goes the disappointment.
    • Up x 2
  14. TintaBux

Which is same what will happen to Miller, some dedicated members will stay on but when they become low populated people will be mad and more will move.
  15. turtlestation

I know, right. I chose Connery because it was the most populated US West server. The lesson here is that if you're West Coast, you should've either suffered ghost town gameplay on Genudine or Helios so you can earn good fights later, or that if you rolled on Connery, you've had your fun now, it's someone else's turn. Now, I know SOE will address the issue, but for them time isn't always important for some reason and waiting too long to see if Heliodine will stabilize while Connery dies off will be disastrous. I know personally for me, if Connery dies off I will lose a lot of interest in this game.
  16. Brutal

You do realize it's part of their plan,the most popular servers now will have to pay to transfer to the new popular servers.

It's all about screwing people over and getting all the cash.
    • Up x 1
  17. Falcou

I'm playing on Woodman and we definitely need a merge. It's sad to read every update news and posts about server merges. "Curious how the merges will work" etc.. It's like I got cheated and left by my girlfriend and now she's bragging in social media how she is in love with her new boyfriend. Can't you see that these announcement will hurt those in Woodman everytime? The merges should be win-win to everybody, not to certain player base. That is extremely unfair.
  18. Bear

Guy, BRIT (TB's outfit) has apparently left the server. Either that or they're on a 3 week vacation. You should be far more concerned with the NC, they had a 20% population advantage last night.

Stop crying and wait and see how this plays out.
  19. Owleyes

I'm biased of course (Connery)

Why not merge all west coast servers and have a server for each continent. 6k players on a continent would rock

20. Laraso

I play on Jaeger, and this merger is bitter-sweet. While I will enjoy having more people to shoot at, I really think they should have used the name Jaeger instead of Watterson. Jaeger just sounds so much cooler.

My biggest fear however is the TR pop. I'm afraid that the TR will overpower both the VS and NC once this happens. Currently on Jaeger, the TR are the dominant force. NC often have superior numbers and put up a decent fight, but usually it's not enough and TR triple caps are common. The VS are vastly outnumbered and I often go entire days without killing more than one or two of them, although they seem to have had a small boost in pop the last two or three days.

I can only hope that this great NC outfit I hear of will be enough to keep the TR in line.
    • Up x 1