In his recent Broadcast Interview, Adam Clegg admits "The NC is the most handicapped, hosed empire"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smokeshot, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Smokeshot

Link (http://cdn.imperialreach.com/files/podcast/AClegg_Interview_2013_01_20.mp3)

WARNING ITS LOUD

Anyways, there will still be people who claim NC is not UP, and people need to L2P, but lets ignore them and get to the point of this thread, now that a dev agrees with what many of us have already found out, how are we going to make NC competitive with VS and TR?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/176a8n/reachcast_interview_w_adam_clegg_level_designer/

Some quotes from Clegg: "The NC is the most handicapped, hosed empire in the game"
    "People who get kills with NC have the most skill"
    "I remember when I switched to TR and I was like "OMG this is fricken COD easy mode"
  2. Smokeshot

3. Cougarbrit

***** obviously got no skill.
  4. maxkeiser

Who the hell is Adam Clegg?
    • Up x 11
  5. Revorn

Always saw it this way. NC where always the Choice for Hardcoremode.
    • Up x 3
  6. BR4DDERS

Probably a dev who plays for the NC.
    • Up x 3
  7. MarkAntony

Impossible. There is a dev... who.. plays... NC??????
  8. Brian TR

hes the guy who designed the bases
  9. Cougarbrit

Definitely got no skill then. Those things have loads of random holes in the defences and are tactical nightmares to defend in the expected manner. Half the bases I've seen the walls are just there to encourage people to climb hills or walk around them.
    • Up x 8
  10. TheWolf1973

Is he Lleggs on these forums?
  11. PeterLawford

• Up x 6
  12. Banick

Simple, give NC the TR weapons re-skinned. Problem solved.

The 'third' faction doesn't work when ROF and inherent DPS are the name of the game in any firefight.
  13. ThundaHawkPS

Is this the person responsible for the spawn shack outhouses of doom?
    • Up x 7
  14. Cougarbrit

Don't know. All I know is it's safe to assume a map designer won't have as good an idea of the situation as say, a weapons/vehicle designer.
    • Up x 3
  15. Intruder313

I don't want reskinned TR weapons thanks, if anything I look forward to the TR getting THEIR "High RoF" weapons so that the diversity increases.

For the NC I want a few changes:
    1. Give the Reaver a specific benefit, it's objectively worse than the other 2 Fighters. I never fly the Reaver but I know it needs fixing.
    2. Give the Jackhammer an overhaul (or just a straight damage buff), it's objectively worse than the 3 basic Shotguns options and thus worthless.
    3. Take a look at the Recoil and CoF Bloom on a few of the ARs and LMGs. We may have the highest bullet damage but landing shots on targets, and rapidly is more important. They overcompensated for the damage with control issues.
    4. Make the AI MAX useful beyond 10m, there's currently no justification for all the cries to "Nerf Hacksaws" when that weapon can only be used at incredibly close ranges with the MAX utterly neutered beyond it. And no, Slug ammo does not cut it.
    5. Fix the Rebel, our "upgrade" Pistol is worse in every single way than the starter , except good old damage per bullet.
    6. Make us less visible, the VS are invisible at night and the TR are not far behind while we are Blue and Gold ....

For the TR:
    1. Get the high RoF Guns in
    2. Make Claymores less visible or make it clearer that they should be placed out of sight and fire a large cone instead of a blast
    3. Give the Prowler 10% more Damage per Shot perhaps, reduce the fire rate of the static mode.
    • Up x 5
  16. Phsychotica

Why not? I assume they all communicate and he's played PS for a long time.
    In fact it's likely that a weapons/vehicle designer would be bias toward denying imbalances to avoid blame. (It's human nature to be biased towards your accomplishments, most of the time you don't even realise.)
  17. Thornton14

Yep more NC whining and crying not surprised here.
    • Up x 3
  18. Marked4Death

Also from Clegg:
    "VS frustrates me because I'll shoot a guy and I'm like ok he should be dead by now, and then he doesn't die"
    • Up x 2
  19. Akrasjel

This is so horrible o_O
  20. Phyr

What does "COD easy mode" even mean? People keep using COD as an argument, but don't ever make any connection to it.