Do you Want to Attend the UES?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Jan 20, 2013.

1. NCmagnetarN7

Hope the NC give as good as they get

What time does this start,GMT
  2. Zhorg

Seriously - this forum contains quite a whiney bunch, judging from this thread.
    It's from 4-7pm for christ sakes, it doesn't take away their dev for 2 weeks or more (like some of you are acting).

And as spookydodger ^ said aswell, most of those who are responsible for the technical aspect of the game aren't involved in this showdown. It's just some publicity.

Dear god.
    • Up x 1
  3. McGubble

Why is every event in California
  4. ChuckMissiles

No Kidding... Bring something to the midwest
  5. Eugenitor

If I lived in the area, I'd make some huge MANA turrets out of cardboard and block the entrances to the convention with them.
    • Up x 10
  6. Vreki

You could always get a front-loader and flip their cars, if you want that authentic warpgate feeling.
    • Up x 9
  7. DjUnicorn

I hope you guys do a great coverage of this event online!
  8. dragondrop

Yes, that's the very sad thing about this forum. Most of those people also hate on the devs for not working on the game over christmas and new years eve, which says quite a lot.

On topic:
    I'd love to be there, but while I probably could afford a trip from Germany, this would drain my limited money ressources :(
    I guess I'll enjoy the twitch stream and watch the TR murdering everyone horribly. :p
  9. Tvayumat

Nah, party planners. Party planners that cost money.

You know what else money can be spent on? Development, bug fixes, and communication with the community.

Seems like the party/publicity is more important to SOE than the game they are supposed to be celebrating.

Are you trying to make the argument that all this publicity and this whole event is somehow being pulled off for free? I'd love that! I'd need proof, but I'd love it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Eugenitor

The community does not generally give a damn one way or another- we generally dislike the (cheer)leaders, we don't care about the rah-rah publicity which doesn't help much at all, and most of the cert farmers have surely targeted this noobfest as prime time for spawn camping (which is exactly what it will be).

And now Radar just gave us a list of people to kill/teamkill on sight on the Announcements board. Thanks, Radar!

How can this possibly go right? We've got an exploit that allows people to shut down warpgate spawning wholesale, we've got trolls with hacks who see this as the perfect chance for some hilarious footage, we've got a lot of noobs who go "Oooh, big important event!", and we've got even more experienced players relishing the prospect of butchering them en masse. How is any of this a recipe for success?
    • Up x 1
  11. oooryan

i live in Canada..i wish i could attend....can we still play online though on the same server? which server if so? should i be expecting a queue to get in after a certain time on the 25th? therefore log in asap?
  12. prong

Dear SOE Team,

I really appreciate such an events, but maybe you should consider that a lot of your paying customers are not even living in the US.
    How about planing something equal for Europe or other continents?

Living and playing in a global community is something you should be aware of, right!

Cheers

Prong

PS: See you on Miller!
  13. oooryan

OR CANADA....or new york
  14. Siilk

QFT
  15. AuntLou42

I've been thinking about it. But question is would I just be a spectator or am I participating? If I can participate am I bringing my own computer or what?
  16. Revorn

Start this Thing in Munich wihle the Oktoberfest, could be much fun, to play with a bunch of drunken Devs. :D
    • Up x 1
  17. EWarren

I live 10 mins away from the site - I might go!
  18. Deathcapt

Hackers/ trolls are going to obliterate this event.

I'd love to see a premium membership only server.

Additionally, if there's no rules/victory conditions, it's not really a competition, it's just internet famous people playing a game, although it might be hilarious to watch an IRL confrontation between some of these rival factions. Maybe Stream the party, I want to see a drunk buzzcut start shouting racial slurs, at people and end up in a fist fight with Nobel and T-ray.
    • Up x 2
  19. GhostAvatar

It actually reads to me that you should send a pm on Twitter.

Ohhh sweet, this is Twitter so I can actually enter without the need to create a accou... ohhh wait no, this is sarcasm. My comment still stands. SOE use every medium except there own official forums whenever they can.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lazaruz

Sure, I'll go. Just send the limo stocked with plane tickets and booze and I'll be on my way.

On second thought, I think I'll go drinking and skiing instead. gl to the participants.