[BUG] why does TR not have a high-dmg-low-spread Carbine like the other factions?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by spoonmanxx, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MarcusVitruvius

It's simple, VS get their quirks and NCs and TRs, NC gets TRs quirks and barely even gets it's own and TR doesn't get anyone elses but 50 faster rpm on average a slight increase to movespeed ADS with 2 guns and 10 extra bullets per mag.

Same reason they gave VS the awesome magrider and NC and TR lackluster tank. VS gets to be unique and eat NC and TRs cake, who cares about the boring factions.
  2. failbot

Lets look at the huge differences shall we:
    Slightly better hipfire
    Worse reload
    +/- 50 rof

Aaaaaand that's pretty much it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kyutaru

It's not just Light assaults either. TR Medics don't get a real 167 dmg rifle either. The SABR-13 is a two-shot burst rifle with almost identical stats to the NC Gauss Rifle. Except the Gauss Rifle is automatic, has less recoil, and reloads faster.

NC Medic > TR Medic.
  4. Yalk

I want my beta T5 AMC back

It doesn't even need to have that big a damage increase....just enough to make it not WORSE than the Trac-5

It does get the advanced fore grip though :-/
  5. gunshooter

Yeah it sure sucks to be TR and having the best Carbine that also has 10 more clip size than other carbines and an advanced laser for no reason.
  6. Iridar51

Grass is always greener :rolleyes:
  7. Wolfwood82

Are you insinuating that we are cows or something? Or hippies? 'Cause if we were hippies then I think we'd be more interested in the smell then the color....
  8. Iridar51

We're not cows, more like sheep.
    But what I meant was "the place is best of all where we haven't been at all"
  9. Wolfwood82

I've been there, it's still better...

How many people use the T5 AMC? I mean religiously as a medium range carbine?
    • Up x 1
  10. P149U3

Try the Jaguar w/ ADV. Laser / Soft point
  11. Ghostfox

AC-X11 when used properly is an absolute beast. That said, many people cannot use it properly so...

It is really one of the few truely skill based weapons.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ghoest

all weapons are a beast if you are better player than the other guy.

We arent talking about player differentials - we are talking about the guns. Relative to the merc its worse or even at everything except carbine single shot sniping.
  13. Corezer

could you imagine if the TR had a GD-7F or Serpent with 40 round mags? It would be OP as hell, hence we have increased movement speed while ADS instead. The Lynx/Jaguar has plenty of other advantages over the VX6-7/GD-7F/Serpent. NC dont have an 800rpm carbine, and get stuck with the horribly long reload of the 845 ones. I think that is a bigger problem than your inability to **** yourself.
  14. Purple

The game needs to have a reason to play the diffrent empires besides looks. TR doesent need a hard hitting gun they have guns that can hit alot.
  15. Corezer

This game really needs an inventory system.

When I first heard about this class, I had pictures in my head of me flying around with an MCG... v_v
  16. Necron

You are an Idiot. The AC-X11 is one of the best weapons in the game, it's only drawback is that you need actual SKILL to use it properly. It does huge damage, has very easy to control recoil and when fully certed with adv. foregrip and a comp just blows big holes in stuff.
  17. Yalk

I do...

But not because its good....because I was stupid and bought it....so now I use it because I bought the f**king thing and am punishing myself

And now I've gotten used to it....compensator and adv. foregrip seem to help, also, the silencer drawbacks don't effect it as much due to it having a higher base velocity

I switch to the shotgun when I'm tired of mid-range
  18. Ghostfox

It is much better at head hunting. Will drop anyone in Nanoweave 5, except for HA's that have their shields up, in 4 bullets from full health.
  19. Gary

That would be because it is not powerful at all.. it is specialized in the same way a shotgun is.. it excels at close range but any further and you may as well wave at the enemy.

Personally prefer the single shot pistols!
  20. Krona

So it excels at what pistols are for, finishing people off at close range. If you want to mid range people you can get the Emperor which is just a superior version of the beamer. The Repeater is amazing.