Vanu helmet sketch

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Damocles, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Deadmon Tell'Em Member

I think the first is more accurate color wise.

I would even add a few more teal/green accents to the first.
  2. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

i hope you dont mind i did a quick paintover to give some ideas how you can keep it original looking, but maybe bring it back towards vanu a little bit, just some suggestions
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Van Dax Member

agreed.
  4. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

Thats IT!!! BUILD IT!!! SHIP IT !!
    • Like x 1
  5. Damocles Member

Please clarify, CoffeeOutlaws paintover? Is that the direction, or was the color change enough from the last update?
  6. ButcherFX New Member

Eh... sorry, I have to disagree. Most of those changes are just smudging out the details which makes it more generic. Also, there are plenty of playerstudio helmets being made with those ridges already, do we really need more? Glowing bits would be cool though.

(EDIT) But if that's what the AD wants... what do I know, right?
  7. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

thats the direction (Coffees paint over) but feel free to imbelish I was going to paint over it and basically do the same thing.
  8. SpartanXZero Member

While I like the emissive touches, the purple you're using is too neonish, or bright. VS use dark purples as opposed to vibrant purples.

Looks pretty damn slick, the colors are perfect, I wouldn't make any massive alterations to this.

Keep the overall helmet +faceplate flow design. I like Coffee's idea for a bit more carapace style overlaps, but the face, top an jaw/chin sections should stay. Perhaps a little more signature overlaps around the rear an lower sides/ear/rebreather section would tie in very nicely while still keeping to the overall vision you have.

A few graphic suggestions to tie it in a little more.

• The "grey green" lower neck/ear components closer in coloration with the faceplate.
    • The round ball shaped rebreather piece(s, if mirrored) an overlapped design with the cap being a metallic teal accent.
    • The Purple jawline that ties in to the chin has recessed lines flowing along it. Try bringing out those recessed sections with tron like emissives to tie in with CoffeeOutlaw's emissive rework.
    • Vents on the Top of the helmet, I would remove them so it has a more protective appearance to a smooth carapace shell.
  9. Tenebrae Member

I like this design, and its accents.

However,

I like where Coffee placed the teal illumination and the chitinous look to the plating.
  10. Damocles Member

[IMG]

Concept guy added his embellishments. I'll be going forward with a mesh based on this.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tenebrae Member

Looks like a fair, and well done, hybridization between the original and Coffee's suggestions. One hell of a helmet either way!
  12. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

latest looks awesome
  13. NightFall998 Member

if this is released i'll buy this immediately
  14. SpartanXZero Member

Looks great so far, a little sad you didn't keep the original faceplate. I thought that part was the selling point to my eyes. Since the lines looked very similar to how the VS graphic logo appears Y shaped.
  15. Tenebrae Member

Loved the original faceplate myself, but I'm still alright with the new one. The design, as a whole, is just awesome.
  16. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

17. Neopopulas Member

Would buy.. Hurry so i can buy it. Why can't i buy this yet?
  18. Illiorax New Member

Really awesome helmet design, hope the model can stay true to the latest concept.
  19. Damocles Member

I've been doing nothing but work on the mesh all day today. It will take 20+ hours to complete by my estimation, then it'll go through submission process and its my understanding the helmets wait for a 'game update' to go in, so every 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned.
  20. Neopopulas Member

I really like this one. I like the vents on the side and the "scales" on the top. I've said it before though, just make sure the 'fin' isn't too exaggerated. Maybe its just me but the wear metal mohawk things some of the helmet shave just.. don't sit well with me. So long as its flattish and more like plates than fins.. i'll buy it.