Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Fyuri Active Member

np- we understand- posted to facebook group
  2. Daemora Active Member

I tend to agree with Fyuri that trying to catch guide announcements in general chat is very difficult, though even with a separate chat channel for guide events, I'd probably still miss the announcements quite often. For me, about the best way to catch my attention is to actually have a separate box pop up on my screen, lol. I realize this is not feasible as too many others would complain, so I just do the best I can to try and remember you guides will be somewhere at a particular time and place. I am truly not sure of any particular solution that would work for everyone, or at least most, and again, this is not a gripe or complaint...just an observation.

Was so busy this past weekend that I totally missed the guide events. Sorry to have missed them and look forward to tonight's event. :)
  3. Cass New Member

Any idea when neb newsie quest will be handed out again? I missed it <sad Face>
    Daemora likes this.
  4. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

While I cannot promise any certain time or day I will see what I can do to get the spirits moving in that direction
    Daemora likes this.
  5. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Tomorrow (02-20-16) if one is seeking the Spirits for the Newises one might check Obol plains around 4:00 PM PST. There will be someone there looking for help.
    Please note if you have helped the spirits once already you cannot do so again
    Daemora likes this.
  6. Soteria New Member

Any plans to offer the Kael or be Kael'ed quest in the (near) future?
    Daemora likes this.
  7. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I will pass the request on to my fellow guides- I cannot promise any certain time or day but we will run it
    Daemora likes this.
  8. Fyuri Active Member

don't forget- Sun Feb 28, Isle of mara docks, 2 pm pacific time. Maj'dul block party
  9. Fyuri Active Member

let's hope bugbears don't get our guides today - already a lot of people announcing the guide quest in chat
  10. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Maj'Dul!

I have heard stories of a mighty dwarf looking for adventurers willing to take on a challenge! Do you have what it takes to be as strong as the historic Stormshield family? Stop by Eastern Wastes on Monday 2/22/16 around 5pm PT to see if you can handle the task he has to offer!

Note : All times shown are in PT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice.
    Soteria likes this.
  11. Fyuri Active Member

oh noooo- i finished my newsies and now we get a double status weekend - til march 2 - any chance of another newsies quest please?
    Cloudrat likes this.
  12. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I will poke the guides and see what we can come up with but I cannot promise for certain any time or day
    Daemora and Cloudrat like this.
  13. Fyuri Active Member

thank you. we will all love you more for that. not like we don't love you a bunch already
    Daemora likes this.
  14. Petrychor New Member

I feel like such a noob, Ive been on eq2 since 2009, and i have just found out about yall posting times guide events here. I'll keep a watch on this forum from now on!
    On a side note, I missed the last 3 or 4 newsies.. I do hope it can come back soon!

Thanks for all you do!
    Fyuri and Daemora like this.
  15. Elderon New Member

I'm in the same boat Petrychor. I didn't even realize they posted the events here until a few days ago! Now i'm hooked :) Ditto on the Newsies quest, I got it finished a day before the double status was announced. But i have more toons that need it still!!

Thank you to all the guides that make this game more than just the typical MMO!!
    Petrychor, Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  16. Relle New Member

I honestly think guides (who are awesome!) could run the Nebulous Newsies quest once a week and find plenty of people showing up to pick up the quest. And whenever Daybreak does a double status or guild status weekend it definitely needs to be offered at the start of the even and could probably safely be offered every day of the event and have people lining up for it.

And maybe it's offered that often, but people just don't know about it when it happens because the chat spam, with so many channels in play, is so hard to follow most of the time. As above posters have said, chat spam goes by pretty fast and if you're raiding or in a dungeon group it's easy to miss it. I know all I ever see are people arguing politics or SLR and it's always scrolling by so fast that I tend to block it out. I try to come here to check as much as I and rely heavily on Furyi's FB page for status updates; but, even so I miss these things far more often than I catch them.

Thanks guides for taking the time to do these events. I'd love to do more of them, they make the game so much more enjoyable.
    Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  17. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

The Spirits are seeking help - Obol plains tomorrow (02-27-16) at 4:00 PM PST. Please note you can assist the spirits only once and no more.
    As always subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night.
    Petrychor, Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  18. Fyuri Active Member

thank you so very much - shared it on facebook
    Daemora likes this.
  19. Fyuri Active Member

please don't leave. a lot of people can't get into obol 1 and are trying to get in. i still have two toons who need the quest

hehe this quest is the most popular one in the game. i just went in to get one of my toons to phantom sea (too many there to do the quest right now but at least i got it) and there was still a crowd. poor gaienda. thank you so much for sticking around until everyone can get into the zone.
    Daemora likes this.
  20. Sebene New Member

Thank you so much for offering Newsies tonight! Obol Plains was quite crazy! The zone was even starting to fill up close to an hour before the scheduled time. I just wanted to stop in and say thank you, and that most of us appreciate all you guides do for our Maj'Dul version of Norrath. =)

PS!! My computer crashed on me as I picked up my quest on my last toon and I had meant to jot down the name of the idiot with the super-massive pet who kept standing right on top of our little fae guide.. and saying she sucked in general channel. I do hope someone got his name and reported him for being the jerk of the year!

I hope to see some more lovely guide events soon!!
    Kurisutaru, Fyuri and Daemora like this.