EQN Landmark - Forums & Trailblazer Access

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

EQN Landmark now has its own website (www.eqnlandmark.com) and its own forums (forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark).

If you have purchased the Trailblazer Founder's Pack, two of your perks are:
    • Early Access to the Alpha/Beta Forums
    • Forum Title: Trailblazer
    The Alpha/Beta forums and the exclusive titles come up on the Landmark forums only (not over here :)).

If you are not logged in or have not purchased a Trailblazer pack, you will only be able to post in this News & Announcements section. You may also see a section called "Access the EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha Forums," which redirects to the Founder's Pack page.

Once you purchase a Trailblazer pack, upon logging in to the forums you will be see a new title under your handle (Trailblazer), new avatar options, and new set of forums called "EverQuest Next Alpha Forums." If you have purchased a Trailblazer pack and are not seeing the title/avatar/forums, please try the following:
    • Log out completely from the forums and any other SOE websites (like SOE.com) and log back in.
    • Clear your cookies/cache and try relogging
    • Check your purchase confirmation page and make sure your transaction has gone through
    • Make sure you created your forum handle on the same station account where you purchased the pack
    • Make sure you didn't purchase the pack as a gift. :) If you made a gift purchase, you'll need to redeem the code on your account before your Trailblazer status will show up here.
    If you've tried all of these steps and you're still not seeing the forum benefits, please send me a direct message on the Landmark forums and I'll have our tech guys take a look at your account.

Thanks! :)

~Dexella
  2. Mallas Scumlord Well-Known Member

seems we are REALLY close :)
  3. Akumu Member

Why are we paying money to have to TEST a product before it's released!?

The only FAIR method for this is if one purchases some Pre-Release access plan, then one's progress in the game should NOT BE ERASED/RESET at the official release.

So, if you don't erase all my progress in the game(while I'm also testing for you and paying you to be able to do it) when it's released, then I'd be ok to put some money down on the game for the head-start access and won't have a problem reporting bugs. Just so long as all my progress in the game isn't erased at launch.

Isn't that FAIR?
  4. Faith316 Member

I plan on buying the Trailblazer pack. I am not necessarily buying it for the alpha and beta access. I will happily:) use the access to help with the process, finding bugs etc, but also to get a sneak peak at the game because I can not wait for this game to release. For me, it feels like I have been waiting for EQNext and EQNext Landmark since seeing Pong for the first time.:rolleyes: But even so, I will buy the pack for the goodies being offered and because I really feel this game will be THE game to play and I have no problem with tossing SOE some money for it.

That being said, I understand there are a lot of people out there that won't or can't buy the packs being offered. Just because I can, I don't think I should get to progress through the game before the game is available to everyone. I am okay with losing my progress just to be able to experience the game sooner. I will still have a head start in the sense that I will already be familiar with tools and the way the game plays.

So is it fair to pay to test a product before it's released? No, not if alpha and beta access was ALL I am paying for. Would it be fair to keep all my progress before the game has been released or is open to all? I don't think so. I think that would be a more "pay to win" concept.
  5. Sonovsam New Member

How will Landmark effect the main-game EQN? Are they two completely separate games built on the same engine? I'm not entirely clear on what makes Landmark different from the main game. I know we'll be able to build environments in Landmark, but I get the feeling I'm missing something.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Hey there,

Yes to your second question -- they are two completely separate games built on the same engine. There are parts of Landmark that may transfer into Next (for example, as we said at SOE Live, we might host a contest asking players to build a temple, and then will select a design from the playerbase to use in game), but Landmark is and will remain its own game. That's why we asked about building styles and included things beyond Fantasy -- Landmark is much more broad/open to all creative styles.

You can read more on www.eqnlandmark.com, and we'll continue to share more details about the game (and how it differs from Next) as we get closer to Alpha!

~Dexella
    • Up x 1
  7. Dygz Well-Known Member

Your templates and items won't be erased. So, yes, it's pretty fair.
  8. Akumu Member

Well, I guess what I'm saying here is, let's say I do my thing in Alpha/Beta, I progress through the content, do my bug reporting, but at the same time am able to gather some great high tier materials and build some really nice stuff. All that stuff is then *POOF* wiped out when the game officially launches.

I know we get to keep the items from the packs. I really want to support the game and be involved, but it just seems to me the price is too steep. Especially since in my experience with these games, *PERK* items are typically dumped in one's inventory to be replaced shortly thereafter with better items.
    I know it's not %100 the case here, but..... Still feels like I'm paying to be a beta tester. I'm getting access to the game prior to release, which is nice, but the game may likely have a lot of bugs and may change a bit before it's launched. So I'm paying for the privilege of early access and to be able to test the game. The *PERK* items are useful, but in the whole scheme of things, their future usefulness and the WIPE of anything cool I create is still a big deterrent for me. :(
  9. Xurtan Well-Known Member

You -are- paying to beta test. That's exactly what it is. That is the way the gaming industry is right now, and many of us are perfectly willing to pay that. Regardless, it IS Alpha/Beta. You, nor anyone, is obligated to pay to join it. If you don't want to pay, don't. You're not forced. Nor should anyone -expect- to be in Alpha or Beta. Live is the only part that is F2P. If you're uncomfortable paying $100, you can wait until Open Beta. *shrug*
  10. Focusblade New Member

Dexella doesn't look like I have a Trailblazer title under my name. I did steps you mentioned in your message but no result, any idea what I can do? I like to get that access to Alpha forums.
  11. Widtho New Member

All about it! I can't wait to one, support the game development and two show some commitment by paying some money upfront. Years of eq under my belt it's owed.
  12. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Are you logging in at http://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark? The Landmark forums are separate from the EQN forums.
  13. Faith316 Member

Check the FAQs. Resources and collected items get wiped after the alpha stage but not after the closed beta. Same with character and progression. The only thing will be our specific claim will be wiped after closed beta however we will have a head start on that as to having already seen the different biomes and know where we are headed. Everything you have built during alpha and beta will be templated. Sounds pretty reasonable.
    • Up x 2
  14. Konkwest New Member

Bought Trailblazer. :]

Wish there was a pack for EQN also, not only EQNL. I would have gotten both.
  15. SlyFoxy420 New Member

I look forward to picking up the landmark package, not sure what one I will get yet.. Real exciting to have any of them, I don't find a problem buying to be involved in the development of this game either, why not? ;)
  16. Zizzu New Member

Landmark will feed to builder in you. I suspect this will be a fun project until the actual beta release of the game itself.
  17. Severant New Member

I find it interesting your buying a 100$ founder into beta for EQNext Landmark when that founders purchase does give you any access what so ever to the EQNext alpha/beta tests. So to get into those tests your going to have to buy another founders pack for that game.

Look it up in FAQ on web site

Does buying a Founder's Pack for EQN Landmark get me access to EverQuest Next's beta program?
    There are currently no plans for Landmark Founder's Packs to grant access to EverQuest Next's beta program.
  18. Faith316 Member

I wouldn't expect there to also be access for Next with a Landmark purchase since they are two different games. I will gladly pay to be a "trailblazer" or buy a "collector's edition" for Next as well when it is released. I am as excited about Landmark as I am about Next and plan to play both games.
  19. Vox_Disciples Well-Known Member

I think that this is like the 'collectors' edition of the game that you pay before a game launches like SWOTR or WoW. and you don't get beta access with those normally all you get is a vanity pet. Each pack gets a special set of items that will only be released for this limited time. You kind of get bragging rights 10 years from now to say, I was there at launch and I can prove it.

Plus if you have a ton of faith in the game you WANT to support its creation by purchasing these packs just to let the team know you care about the product and the brand. And that you want to see it succeed enough to put money down on it before it even released. Makes the developers

know it was all worth it, all the hours they put in creating a video game.
    • Up x 3
  20. Akumu Member

My friends and I are pretty much in agreement. We don't plan to plop down money for early access, to pay to test, to play only to have our progress wiped and be exposed to potentially a lot of bugs which we're paying to have access to.
    Titles and fluff items just won't do it for us. While nice, over 12+ years playing MMOs have taught us that such items for the most part have little use and are typically replaceable soon after the game goes live with better stuff.

We definitely don't mind to test if we're invited to Beta, but we're not going to pay for this opportunity. If anything and we're invited to Beta to test, then that is what we intend to do(even though we should be paid to test something).

Being said, we look forward to seeing the results of Landmark and we're very much more interested in how EQNEXT will turn out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.