In Landmark, what kind of building do you think you'll participate in?

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Talk with the Devs! Visit the Round Table section of the website to use Twitter to reply to or retweet the Dev responses:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Hope Active Member

In Landmark, most likely solo... I wouldn't want others interfering with my creativity! :D
    • Up x 4
  3. michaelf2780 Well-Known Member

At first I would build in a solo environment to gain the needed skills to build interesting designs. Once I am confident in my abilities ill attempt to join a guild with similar building interest.

A few things i am interested in building with a big group of like minded players.
    1. Dwarven City (Mostly stone and underground/mountain setting)
    2. Dungeons
    3. Destroyed cities
    Would like guilds to have access to bigger land plots that allows the above to be built on a grand scale.

As someone who has a project in mind I hope I can get a very big land plot solo also. Even if it takes me a year I want to design my own town.

I want to build a very defensive town that has npcs and is attackable by monsters.
    • Up x 12
  4. Zephyrnix New Member

All of thee above. Like Michael said, I want to work on a Underground town or city, My Guild's Personal Guild Hall, Small Towns (which I think games need these days. They always have HUGE cities, but never small random towns), among other things. Can't wait, hurry and gimmie an invite SOE lol. I've Beta tested Everything else for SOE, Might as well this too lol
    • Up x 4
  5. 3lfk1ng New Member

Large intricate guild halls. Creating massive wonders with the entire guild that no other MMO before would let us do.
    • Up x 2
  6. IceSy New Member

I will tend to do more solo projects, but also some my friends and guild mates / large scale community. The idea of the whole guild getting in on building the guild hall to me,... is AWESOME SAUCE!! Having everyone help in building a town / city,. is just mind blowing fun! :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Frostfox New Member

I want it all , i want my own house but in my group neighborhood all in my guilds city, we have already in my guild planned whst our city could look like 8) we want to realize it all !! Unleash the players lets do it all
    • Up x 2
  8. MidnightLost01 New Member

All kinds.

Actually trying to get some friends together to try and build a nice ruined underground city.
    • Up x 1
  9. Caonedh Active Member

I plan on doing both solo and group endeavors. My Troll Paradise won't make much sense in a human centric world, after all. And you can't make any friends if you only do solo stuff.
  10. BogdeTos New Member

I suspect I shall build alone when and where able, and join in wherever I can.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kairis Nabi Member

At first, I'll start off solo to figure out how it all works and to make it really "mine."

After that, I can definitely see myself working in all the options mentioned above, especially small groups and/or with my guild.
  12. rabb1t Active Member

I has a sad life, I don't expect to be playing EQN or EQN: L with friends. I'll likely be doing everything alone. :(

(Shouldn't this poll have been on the EQN: L forums?)
    • Up x 1
  13. Aazimar Well-Known Member

I'll be building in all the above mentioned way.
  14. Moonsparkle Member

This is another one of those questions where I think the way the question is posed will influence the results. I answered solo because I do expect I will complete descrete projects solo. HOWEVER, I would jump at the chance to do that as part of an open/massive community.

On a more restricted scale, I did just that in SWG. We each chose our own house and location to create a town. I still remember leaving my house and heading to a particularly fun party at the big house with music and dancing. SWG had some great stuff, and was a great example that in a big enough world, you can have open building without obliterating the (virtual) natural environment.
    • Up x 3
  15. Grumbles New Member

I will likely be doing some of all of the above.

I will be in a guild (Trailblazers) which is looking at both large and small projects. My main contribution there will likely be harvesting though, gathering the materials for the main builders.

I also plan to have my own private area for experimenting, building a variety of things/styles as the mood suits me.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dkonen New Member

I will be doing *all* of it. I love building. :p
  17. Maikal Member

My "real" option would have been solo and small group as opposed to all types. (so I picked small group).

While I certainly plan on working on my personal "solo" projects... one of my main motivations for Landmark is working with the relatively small group of "builders" I have met over the years. Most of us were or are still building in places like Second Life... and just waiting for something new (such as landmark) to get the team back together.
  18. Callicles New Member

I don't like the answers, I mean, some players certainly want to play solo but if you like large groups or even more massive buildings you know you can't do "only" that, so I feel like many will vote for last choice and this won't help you much :)

Personnaly I will have a solo claim, with my house, somewhere I can "play" no matter the time or the tests I wan't to do. And where I can play with my son. And I planed to build a lot with my guild, we already have some really fun projects.

I would love to participate to some massive event/buildings but I'm not sure if the game will make this "fun". I mean for my point of view, EQNL have to be hard in some ways to make a massive project entertaining. If every one can harvest Tier5 ressources after a month, if every props can be craft easely and so on, I don't see the point of a massive building.

PS: I can't wait EQNL, I already started dreaming of it!
    • Up x 4
  19. Thea New Member

Agree! I loved that aspect of SWG and would love to see that sort of thing in another game.
  20. Guthry New Member

I know I'm going to start with solo/small building to get a feel for the tools and the process. But I could see myself working on group/guild type building soon afterwards. Using what I learn from my solo projects to help build a totally kick@$$ group or guild building.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.