Zerkers: Not done yet

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-XaviousA, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Have you ever played Star Wars Galaxies???????? Yes its a different game, but its got the same brand name on it S f'ing OE!!!! This company doesn't understand the meaning of porportional balance. Someone at the soe offices has been spamming the NERF button like they are playing half life or something. As far as putting back, I have rarely seen SOE in any reasonable time frame repair over nerfs, I think once they address an issue unless its still broken, they don't want to bother with it until other matters are dealt with, however the poor smuck that pays his monthly fee just got smacked across the skull and has to live with it.
    I don't know about other people, but I have started a WoW account, and I am sorta playing both atm and waiting to see what happens with this game, because like anything else in life, if Im not getting what I paid for I leave.
  2. ARCHIVED-Indri Guest

Which post was this?
  3. ARCHIVED-ChristopherKee Guest

4. ARCHIVED-WabbitHunter Guest

Hey Reolas.

You mentioned that you feel most guardians are sitting back happy as a clam that they have overall control of the tanking job, and you think that is a selfish attitude. Np with your oppinion - What I would hope for is that guardians would be given increased taunt capability and their AC improve over other tanks in exchange for less dps. Guardians should be the #1 tank but in return for an awesome raw ability to absorb/shrug off damage they should be so busy parrying and shield blocking that their ability to get a sword thrust in should be decreased. In light of this other fighters should have lesser tanking/ac abilities but their dps should be higher, or like in the case of paladins their spells more beneficial/more powerful. Each fighter has a roll to play and if one needs to step up and tank they should be able to, but if a Guardian is around that character should be able to be considered the primary candidate for tanking.

As for SOE backpeddling...eh, oh well. One can only be in beta for so long and one can only have so many beta testers before the company needs to turn a profit for their R&D. Now that the game is live their beta testing pool (us) has increased so significantly that the smaller quirks they didn't catch before are compounded greater. It happens.
  5. ARCHIVED-commandobob Guest

first off no one not ever a dev ever said Guardian or the Uber tank so why give guardian anything , all i see on this forum page is Guardian crying Nerf assassins Monk and zerkers , alot of guardian ive meet in game or very good tank with nice damage , but most i read here just whinne , as a poster said guardian will get nerfed too as you dont do as much damage as zerker +36 but you or close , as for the we need to have better armour , WHY please explain as the devs post all tank or balanced so why give guardian all the Damage mirgration and all the best armour , while nerfing the REst of the tank classes , i play a guardian & and zerker the guardian is hands down the better tank , the aerker cant take as much damage , but you still whine about or damage ??
  6. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Try the period. It works wonders.
  7. ARCHIVED-Raztheoriginal Guest

XaviousA = a pathetic troll

enuf said
    Message Edited by Raztheoriginal on 01-26-2005 01:30 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

T-H-A-N-K------Y-O-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone not sitting under the desk of an SOE employee, Guardians wanting every class nerfed and for SOE to turn around and give them everyone....the phrase Have your cake and eat it too, you guys have taken to heart it seems.

This stuff is what pis.ses me off the most, since my zerker and bruiser are both getting the nerf bat, and Guardians are all of a sudden the golden boy tanks of SOE and YET I hear guardians whining about getting better armor, more ac, whaaaaa!! whaaaa!! whaaaa!!

So [FaarNerfed!] about guardians being unwanted or not getting anything....keep asking SOE for something and they will give you a nerf up side the head for being dumb.
  9. ARCHIVED-ilikeladies Guest

"T-H-A-N-K------Y-O-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---reolas
    Your welcome, you have class's early in the morning now go to bed you little brat.

Someone not sitting under the desk of an SOE employee, Guardians wanting every class nerfed and for SOE to turn around and give them everyone....the phrase Have your cake and eat it too, you guys have taken to heart it seems.---reolas
    Maybe you havent noticed it but not "all" guardians want "all" class's to get nerfed. Wake up moron and start taking a look at the big picture, stop sterotyping people and stop being straightup racist. Dont put "all" guardians in the same basket. Bad apples are everywhere. opps your a troll ... why did i even type the above, you just want to start an arguement..idiot.

This stuff is what pis.ses me off the most, since my zerker and bruiser are both getting the nerf bat, and Guardians are all of a sudden the golden boy tanks of SOE and YET I hear guardians whining about getting better armor, more ac, whaaaaa!! whaaaa!! whaaaa!!---reolas
    Your still mad about bloodlust it looks, every zerk new it was gonna get changed now shut up about it. Monks arent nerfed, they tank just as good as they ever have. Beserkers arent nerfed, they also tank just as good as they ever have. Again your pointing the finger at the guardians becuase "changes" are made. Seriously your dumber than a box of rocks.

So [FaarNerfed!] about guardians being unwanted or not getting anything....keep asking SOE for something and they will give you a nerf up side the head for being dumb." ---reolas
    Well i'm not dumb, no one is actually "dumb" well except you evedently. Ignorent yes all of us are ignorent at times. All of us can be stupid at times also. Maybe you dont know what ignorent/stupid is so i'll explain.

Ignorent is when you do something that is wrong but you dont know any better.

Stupid is when you do something that is wrong but you did know better.

Your proving yourself stupid, you know your statements against guardians are wrong. But hey you are a troll.

So go [FaarNerfed!] yourself you little punk.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by ilikeladies on 01-26-2005 08:46 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Teh_n00b Guest

Reolas, if you hate nerfs that bad then do us and yourself a favor and quit. There is no mmorpg out that hasnt endured nerfs. It WILL happen, live with it and shut your [FaarNerfed!] mouth. If you hate SOE so bad, then why are you here? Once again, QUIT, and do yourself and us a favor. You are by FAR, the biggest crybaby on these boards bar none.
  11. ARCHIVED-EnderMX Guest

Umm all the fighers will probably get nerfed DPS wise. And your point about the zerkers was...?
  12. ARCHIVED-ChristopherKee Guest

13. ARCHIVED-ChristopherKee Guest

Reading comprehension is the key to having an educated and logical debate with others. Please, as I requested on the previous page, try and RE read my post from the perspective I introduced to you. This may shed light on the fact than I wasn't asking for additional skills nor requesting a nerf to any other class.
  14. ARCHIVED-commandobob Guest

completely agree with you there , ive said it before guardian Need better tuants as this is what they use most , i said it before the bloodlust Fix or nerf , zerkers had way to much argo bloodlust caused this , im happy then fixed that , but not that they ganked or damage at the low level +36 zerker is good damage dealer , + 20 -36 is crap tbh and or tanking skill is no were as near as guardians your damage mirgration is 40% higher then ours and or damage is 10% higher then yours ??? , but i dont think we need a 30 increase it would out balance us compaired to the DPS classes , i dont like class whinning about other classes and tring to get them nerfed , but it agree with the sliding scale of the classes Guardian should have more HP and tuants zerker more power and dps ( but not to much DPS )

i like playing secondary tank to a guardian as they work well together but bloodlust before fix pulled argo off him always now it works find except we dont berserk much at all having played both classes i can see that alot of the skill for both or the same thought
  15. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

my brain, it bleeds!

Anyone here able to translate "stream of consciousness" for me?
  16. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

You gave yourself the proper name, the noob.
    First off, Im not saying all guardians are out there, [FaarNerfed!]ing and whining. I have stated on various occasions alot of people are not [FaarNerfed!]ing, but there are those who were...and now there are those who sit and try to say nothing is broken...all is well in the world. I am just happy that a Guardian has come out and stated some facts. You want to call me down. Hehe go for it. The fact is...lots of guardians were and are still crying there class gets no love from SOE, that other classes are broken, I do think that alot of this class needs abit of humility put into there system, and be thankful that there class isn't broken or on the attention list of SOE.
    Btw the_noob, Soe has a horrible track record for screwing up games to the point of bordom. The number of nerfs and types of changes going on is whats annoying...they are first of pretty much changing the whole construct of how damage works in the game.......this isn't beta kid...its live. This crap should be fixed...Soe should not be sitting here doing this sort of stuff after the game goes live..it shows that they manage the designing of there games poorly. WHY is it that SOE has in almost every game they have made massive nerfs after the release of the game LIVE?
    SWG still nerfing away there.......Planet Side....i won't even talk about........and now EQ2. I will as long as I am paying, I will complain about whatever I wish moron. If you don't like it don't read. They have and are continuing to nerf the fighter classes. They have nerfed avoidance abilties of not only the assassin but the bruiser ( who btw relys on being able to avoid, in order to tank effectively.) Now log off and go to bed noob, before your mommy grounds you. You stupid Kid.

Message Edited by Reolas on 01-27-2005 11:23 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Basically saying that guardians don't have higher AC atm is false, the defensive buffs and such give you added defense...so in essence till soe does there new changes according to the current numbers you should have higher AC than any other class. Which is the way it should be if your going to be the main tank 99.5% of the time.
  18. ARCHIVED-YellowSpinE Guest

I am really enjoying playing Zerker. Bloodlust was broken, seems much better now and berserking seems more in line to what a proc should be.

Parsing DPS I was about = with the scout in my group. That seems off to me.

However, decreasing DPS doesn’t seem to be the right answer, given the post by the Lead Dude on the web page about how EQ2 is for both groups, solo adventurers, and small groups. Lowering DPS will make it harder for those people to do exactly what he said. Better alternative would be upping Scout and Caster DPS, but will see if that sinks in.

Oh … and zerkers own AE Fights.

Whiners suck.
  19. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

I'm not sure if tanks should really fall so far behind scouts in regards to DPS. Scouts can get great positional dps as well as have great utility. Tanks should have good dps since all they can do is...tank. It's not as if tanks have runspeed, disarm, cool HOs, etc. Especially the way scouts are now when they have high buffed agility/avoidance (which may or may not be adjusted some next patch). DPS casters should be top of the hill when it comes to dps since they really have little defense to speak of. But even they have more utility than any tank does.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

Its not right... But it is the SOE way. Let me explain. In this circumstance you have two issues facing you. You have class in balance and time sink retention or gain. It is IMHO that SOE views this as a two prong approach. Slow down the game advancements = longer subscription, don't believe me? Think out of the box for a moment.

Why on earth would they up DPS when they can lower it in affect making that encounter and others take longer. For SOE its about longevity, which I will refer to as a dbl edge sword. You feel more passionate about your character with more time vested, and SOE get more money over the long haul. This equates to longevity for player base subscription. How the hell did think EQ1 lasted for 5 plus years? Yep Time sinks!

I both (mostly) hate and love this concept. I get more playability, but I feel like SOE gots me by the ballz in that same breath. I still to this day have not deleted my main char from EQlive (most likely never will) for the simple reason, that I invested 4 plus years into him, its hard to just let him go.

I know this is long and drawn out, but you have to realize that a time sink is directly proportionate to $$ over the long haul for SOE. This is a business, they are here to make $$.

Sure they could simply up the DPS for a few classes to be what they feel is inline with the current melee DPS (makes sence less change right) , but ask yourself why would they? The bottom line is Bling da bling, so let the cow bell's sing.

Now for the whole comment about lumping guards into one big group of whining nerf mongers, I thought we cleared this up Realos, you came clean, you need to knock this crap off if you ever want support from the guardian community. I as well as many other guards were very opposed to any type of nerfing but leave it to SOE, after all they put nerf in Webster's or if they haven't they should be granted that title.

So stop whining about guards and post some constructive feedback (maybe on the zerker boards?) that might actually get the attention you seek.

Dont make me rattle my cow bells in your ear dammit!