Zerkers: Not done yet

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-XaviousA, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=4&message.id=6304

Take away 1h weapons and shields. That's what they want, that's what they get. Some level 38 Zerker gonna act all bad [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] about parsing 280 DPS against Blue Cons and outparsing scouts in his group, they are begging to get nerfed again. I laugh at this class daily. They beg for the nerfs.
    Message Edited by XaviousA on 01-24-2005 11:06 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Radom102 Guest

My brother is a 37 zerker and I group with him daily (i'm a guardian) so I can say for a fact that his dps is at least x2 as high as mine or even x3 on an even con multiple mob group. I dont care how much dps he can do all I care about is that as a guardian I should by design be the primary tank and be able to take the beating and help my group survive but under currect condition he can tank as well as I can if buffed with agi/str and kill mobs x2 faster than I can. To me the whole ac system is not working correctly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

As far as I am to understand it, they haven't fully nerfed the Fighter classes yet, they simply nerfed bloodlust and stuff under lvl 36, so any berserker bragging about being able to have a huge dps score, better sit quiet till they come out with all there planned nerfs.

For those of you that don't read Moorgard said in his post, they are going to review dps, and basically if a fighter is doing dps consistant with a scout or caster, they are going to get nerfed, so that will include both bruisers and zerkers, and zerkers dps will be below even a bruiser.

So again lvl 36+ berserkers that think the world is perfect, your days are numbered too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bobbubski Guest

heh, there should be nerf music to go along w/ it. kinda like the jaws theme....

"just when u thought it was safe to go back in the water".... .*duh-dump..... duh-dump....duh-dump dump-dump dump...*

we all just gotta hang tight until the balance issues are sorted out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

My biggest frustration, is I get the impression from other players especially guardians, again this is MY impression.

To me there seems to be a total disregard from alot of Guardians, not all, but alot. I get the feeling that most are sitting back happy as a clam that they have overall control of the tanking job, which to me is a selfish attitude and is not constructive to the game. Yes I realize that the game is going through balance issues, however and Im sure there will be those that post here with ignorant posts too, I do think that we all can be alittle bit better behaved on this, I personally don't agree with what SOE is saying, It to me is double talk, or backpeddling, which smells alot like SWG.
  6. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

Everyone that isn't a zerker knows that zerkers are gonna get nerfed again. It has nothing to do with Guardians.
  7. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Just wanted to point out that Guardian DPS will likely be nerfed too. Not sure how many are aware, but when a guardian tries to DPS the usually out DPS scouts and mages post 42ish.
  8. ARCHIVED-ChristopherKee Guest

Reolas,

If your not going to give Guardians higher DPS or the ability to be the only class to where the highest armor then you have to give them something. The ability to be the best at controling agro is what they get. Take that away or give it to zerks or paly/shdows etc then you have a low DPS class that wears the same armor as a healer. G.. thats fun.

It's also anoying to go to 24 man raids where Zerks or Palys are MT because the perception that higher DPS = better agro control. Taunts rule, Guardians should have the best of them and it's not selfish of them to want/have that seeing as they do not get DPS or higher AC.
  9. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

I have no problem with Guardian DPS getting nerfed as I can out DPS a same level wizzy with my 2 hander. It's not balanced.
  10. ARCHIVED-Uumuuanu Guest

That is correct. Actually its before 42. In doing some testing for damage parsing over the weekend, there were multiple times with white/yellow con group mobs that as a 32 guardian I was FAR out damaging everyone in the group other then 1 warlock. In some testing when I would go all out on DPS as MT, even with taunting, I could go more damage then a 34 coercer, 33 fury, and a 28 brigand combined and could steadily out damage the fury and coercer even when the shaman in the group did all the healing and the fury went DPS.
    I would guess that alot of the DPS will sooner or later be adjusted on all classes. Interestingly enough, even going full output damage my power use was average and I could easily stay close to full or full for over an our of steady going with decent food/drink and breeze.
    Could I out damage a berzerker, no probably not, but again I don't think guardians are supposed to out damage people, we are supposed to take a beating and ask for 2nds, sometimes 3rds and even 4ths all at the same time.
  11. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Give it a rest. Most Guards are tired of seeing these threads about Bers ON THEIR BOARDS. Come over to that thread and discuss if you must.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

Just to be equal here, all defensive tanks should have this, Paladins, Guardians and Monks.
  13. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

Give the Guardians something.......if you were in the room with me i would smack you......the guardians are the best damage mitigators in the game now bar none, and they already hold really good aggro anyways, you talk about guardians as if they can't do there job or something. How does a Guardian NOT have the best ac with all there goddam defensive buffs, hell and a shield....Please explain that.
  14. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

Reolas is mad because he knows the nerf is coming. Learn to love it Reolas. It will be your friend. Just close your eyes and think of a scenic beach when it comes.
  15. ARCHIVED-Reolas Guest

I knew the nerfs were coming long before, its simple...its a game made by sony, they love to nerf.

Its also annoying to be blantantly lied to by a company that puts out propaganda that spews out words like versatility, balance, fun. This game is Star Wars Galaxies all over again.

Message Edited by Reolas on 01-24-2005 02:11 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

Bye. I'd ask for your stuff, but you're a Zerker. They typically have sub-par gear.
    Message Edited by XaviousA on 01-24-2005 02:24 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-reakshavoc Guest

I highly doubt a zerker can out dps a bruiser, I was with one last night, im a 27 zerker he was a 25 monk, he was doing 50 dps, to my measly 22 dps, he was out dpsing the 29 swashing in our group which was about 40 dps. When i switched out to my 2hd, i was doing about 30dps.
  18. ARCHIVED-Noah Guest

I dont think guardians are going to get any DPS nerf'd. Generally I have the worst dps on a raid due to using taunts (that do little damage) and rebuffing every 1-3 mins. Throw in an occational stun skill and get parry/blocked from the front and watch that dps meter hit about 25dps at 50th lvl.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

The saddest thing about all of this, is the simple fact that people Expect nerfs and not tuning of a class to bring them up to par. SOE has entrenched the idea that most fixes come in forms of 'nerfs' to create balance, they will scale back hard (in the name of balance) and if it is too much of a nerf, will simply give some back and watch the masses praise them for job well done?

Aye that's SOE in a nut shell eh, I have to say in my time of dabbling with WOW, Blizzard gets Kudos for delivering a much more refined product than SOE will ever hope to accomplish in any release.

Yes it is cartoony, possibly less end game content, and I've noticed the leveling pace is faster than EQ2. Can solo allot more content than in EQ2, hell my 36 hunter can solo level 40 stuff effectively, if I am careful.

So to close, it is a shame that the expected behavior by SOE is to Nerf and not the opposite to address game balance.

Fear the nerf bat foreva'!
  20. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

Most likely some classes will have dps adjusted down, some will be adjusted up. It will not be all nerfage.

I see nothing wrong in Sony adjusting class balance after the game has been running a few months, except
    that they could have hit the target better in beta maybe.

As long as I get the abilities to function in my primary role, keeping aggro and soaking up damage, I am happy.
    I expect that to be valid for other classes too, they also want to function well in their primary roles. So I welcome
    any game adjustment to that end.